How to Get a Birth Certificate in San Luis Obispo (SLO)
A birth certificate is an important document that you cannot afford to miss. You should get your and your loved ones' to help prove your citizenship status and identity.
However, getting one can be a hassle since you have to fill out a request form and have it notarized if need be. Fortunately, you can avoid the hassle by using the DoNotPay Birth Certificate product to help you get one less frustratingly.
Who Can Get a Birth Certificate in San Luis Obispo?
The following individuals are eligible to take a :
- The birth certificate holder
- A grandparent, sibling or a couple
- A member of a law enforcement agency who conducts an official business.
- An individual who is permitted by a court order to take the certificate
- A law professional who represents the birth certificate holder or any other individual appointed by the court on behalf of the certificate holder
What Is the Difference Between Authorized and Informational Birth Certificates?
Authorized Birth Certificate
A legal document that you receive from the government agency responsible for birth and death registration.
Informational Birth Certificate
A photocopy of the information in your authorized birth certificate. You cannot use this for legal identification, unlike the certified birth certificate.
A physical difference between them is that an authorized birth certificate is printed on high-quality paper and possesses a seal of issuing authority. On the other hand, an informational birth certificate doesn't have a seal to verify its originality.
You will require your authorized copy to apply for your driving license, passport, marriage certificate, etc. Additionally, your certified copy will require notarization instead of your informational one.
What Is the Cost of a Birth Certificate in San Luis Obispo
To obtain a certified copy of your birth certificate, you will be required to pay $29 per copy.
How Long Does It Take To Receive a Copy of Your Birth Certificate in San Luis Obispo?
In SLO, the average time to receive your birth certificate is 5 to 9 days. After the application, fill out a form online showing your name, address, and billing information to have it delivered to your physical address.
Learn How to Obtain a Birth Certificate in San Luis Obispo by Yourself
You should make a personal check or send a money order to CDPH vital records to obtain a birth certificate. Kindly note that you are not supposed to send cash.
You must fill out a sworn statement attached to your birth certificate application form. Your sworn document statement should be notarized and signed below penalty of perjury. If your request for a certified birth certificate copy is not notarized or signed, it will be denied. Your application will be regarded as incomplete, and thus, it will be sent back to you. If you request an informational birth certificate copy, you don't need to have a notarized sworn statement.
The birth certificate application process is hectic and will take much of your time moving from one office to another. Additionally, if you fail to fulfill all the application requirements, your application might be declined. You should avoid the trial and error method and engage DoNotPay to help you get your .
Obtain a Birth Certificate in San Luis Obispo Using DoNotPay
We help you in eight simple steps:
- Go to the Birth Certificates product on DoNotPay.
- Select who the certificate is for (you or a loved one). If you are requesting a copy of someone else's certificate, enter their personal details, and upload evidence that proves your relationship.
- Enter the location you or your loved one was born in, so we can complete the form specific to your state.
- Enter the name(s) of the parent(s) as displayed on the certificate.
- Indicate what you will be using this certificate for, and choose whether you need an authorized or certified copy.
- Enter your contact information and shipping address. Upload copies of your government-issued identification, such as a driver's license.
- Choose whether you would like to electronically sign this form or not. Once we generate the form, verify that all of the information is correct.
- If you need the document to be notarized, schedule a notarization appointment using our Notary product. Otherwise, proceed to our Mail Checks product and let DoNotPay mail-in your request form with a check on your behalf.
Why DoNotPay Is the Best Solution
DoNotPay is the best choice to solve your problem since it is:
- Easy. It offers simple steps to obtain your birth certificate
- Fast. It ensures you get your birth certificate faster than you expected
- Successful. Your birth certificate application will be rewarding in the end
What Else Can DoNotPay Help You Solve
We can help you solve a couple of other problems, including:
- Learning about a birth certificate
- Knowing where to get a birth certificate
- Applying for a birth certificate online
- Applying a birth certificate for a newborn
- Replacing a lost birth certificate
- Applying for a birth certificate for a passport
- Finding a birth certificate
- Knowing the processing time for a birthday certificate
You don't have to be stressed to apply for a birth certificate in San Luis Obispo. DoNotPay can help you figure it out. Contact us today to learn more.