How to Get Rockwall County Birth Certificates Easily
If you are looking for an easy way to get , you are in the right place. We are frequently required to present a birth certificate as proof of identification or to obtain official papers. Remember that your birth certificate is a vital form of identity for a variety of life events, including employment, acquiring or renewing a passport or driver's license, filing for benefits, and even enrolling in school or youth sports activities.
A birth certificate is a government-issued document that dates back to the day the individual was born in a specific jurisdiction. However, getting a birth certificate from Rockwall County can be challenging as you have to tick off several requirements. Luckily, DoNotPay is here to help you streamline the process.
The Difference Between an Authorized and Informational Birth Certificate Copy
Any formal copy of obtained from the Office of the County Recorder or by your state's Office of Vital Records is a "certified" copy of your birth certificate.
There are two sorts of certified copies issued by these offices: "authorized" and "informational."
Authorized Certified Copy
An authorized certified birth certificate contains the mark or seal of the issuing office. It's deemed approved since it's only available to select people, such as you and your close family.
Because authorized birth certificates are a recognized form of government-issued identification and can be used to obtain other kinds of identification, access to them is restricted.
Informational Certified Copy
An "informational" certified birth certificate provides the same information as an authorized copy, but it is not an official record of your identification. It must have the disclaimer "Informational, not a valid document to establish identity," as well as the stamp or seal of the issuing office. Anyone can order this type of birth certificate.
Who Can Get a Birth Certificate Copy in Rockwall County?
Access to birth certificates is restricted by the government. Only the following individuals are eligible to request a copy of a :
- The certificate holder
- Closest parents and family members
- The certificate holders' guardian
- An official representative of the court
- Holder of a birth certificate issued by a federal court
How Much Do Rockwall County Birth Certificates Cost?
Rockwall County Birth Certificates are $21.00 for the first certified copy and $4.00 for each additional certified copy.
How Long Does It Take to Get a Copy of a Birth Certificate in Rockwall County?
The processing time for a certified copy of a birth certificate varies.
- Orders sent via mail take around 2-4 weeks to process.
- In-person applications typically need waiting in line; check with your closest vital records office addresses indicated for opening hours.
What Documents Do I Need to Get a Copy of a Birth Certificate in Rockwall County?
A birth certificate copy may only be obtained with a valid ID card. An ID card that can be used to get a birth certificate is:
- An identity card
- Driver's license
- Proof of American citizenship
How to Obtain a Rockwall County Birth Certificate on Your Own
You can obtain a Rockwall birth certificate copy in these ways:
|In-person||You will download, print, and complete an application form and submit it to the county records office. A valid ID is necessary.|
|By Mail||Once you print and complete the application form, you can mail it to the county records office. By default, all record requests are returned free of charge by USPS First Class mail. If you want to track your package using an overnight postal service like FEDEX, LoneStar, or UPS, the records office will need the expedited return envelope.|
Remember, there is an easier way!
Get a Copy of a Birth Certificate in Rockwall County Using DoNotPay
If you want to order/get a birth certificate copy in Rockwall County but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered in 8 easy steps:
- Go to the Birth Certificates product on DoNotPay.
- Select who the certificate is for (you or a loved one). If you are requesting a copy of someone else's certificate, enter their personal details, and upload evidence that proves your relationship.
- Enter the location you or your loved one was born in, so we can complete the form specific to your state.
- Enter the name(s) of the parent(s) as displayed on the certificate.
- Indicate what you will be using this certificate for, and choose whether you need an authorized or certified copy.
- Enter your contact information and shipping address. Upload copies of your government-issued identification, such as a driver's license.
- Choose whether you would like to electronically sign this form or not. Once we generate the form, verify that all of the information is correct.
- If you need the document to be notarized, schedule a notarization appointment using our Notary product. Otherwise, proceed to our Mail Checks product and let DoNotPay mail-in your request form with a check on your behalf.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
Aside from Rockwall County birth certificates, we can also assist you with the following inquiries:
- Birth Certificates
- Where to Get Birth Certificates
- Online Birth Certificates
- Applying for a Birth Certificate
- Birth Certificates for Newborn
- Replacing a Lost Birth Certificate
- Getting a Birth Certificate for Passport
- Getting Birth Certificate Fast
- Finding Birth Certificates
- Birth Certificate Processing Time
Helping you get birth certificates is only a drop in the bucket of our services. These are just a few examples of our many services:
- Paying bills
- Discovering and applying for scholarships
- DMV appointments
- Filing a complaint
- Missing money issues
- Reduction of property taxes
- Free trials
- Small claims court
Sign up with us today to get your from the comfort of your home.