How to Get Your Redwood City Birth Certificate Fast
Most people in the United States will need to use a copy of their birth certificate at some point. Birth certificates are used for identification purposes when a person does things like applying for a driver's license or registering for classes.
Because birth certificates are issued in the city or county of a person's birth, if you were born in Redwood City, you will have a Redwood City birth certificate. What happens if you lose your official birth certificate from Redwood City, though? You will then need to get a replacement if you are in a situation that requires you to show your birth certificate.
Obtaining copies of your Redwood City birth certificate can be done on your own, but the process can be difficult. DoNotPay has a helpful service to help with this, though. Our Birth Certificates product can make it much easier to get a copy of your Redwood City birth certificate.
What's the Difference Between Authorized and Informational Birth Certificate Copy?
Part of what makes obtaining a birth certificate complicated is knowing the difference between an authorized and informational copy. Authorized, also known as official, birth certificates are used to prove a person's identity. They contain an official seal, and because they are official forms of identification, only certain individuals can request a copy. To obtain an authorized birth certificate in Redwood City, an applicant must be one of the following:
- The person whose name is on the birth certificate
- A parent or guardian of the recipient
- Someone else who is given legal authority to obtain a person's birth certificate.
For those who are unable to acquire an official birth certificate, there are informational birth certificates. These cannot be used as official forms of identification, and they lack certain details like the official seal.
How Much Do Birth Certificate Copies Cost in Redwood City?
Redwood City birth certificates are issued from San Mateo County, and the San Mateo birth certificate application states that birth certificate copies cost $32. Birth certificates can also be ordered online from a service called VitalCheck, and there is an additional $7 fee for online transactions.
Here Are the Documents Needed for a Birth Certificate Copy in Redwood City
If you want an official Redwood City birth certificate, the application states that it must have a notary signature. This is not required for informational copies.
How to Get a Redwood City Birth Certificate Copy on Your Own
To obtain a Redwood City birth certificate, you can submit a request by mail or online. The following steps can help if you decide to apply on your own.
- Begin at the San Mateo County Clerk-Record website. This is the office that handles birth certificates for Redwood City.
- Choose whether you want to request your birth certificate by mail or online. Remember that online requests come with an extra fee.
- Fill out the application or online registration. You will need to give personal information for the person on the birth certificate, such as their name and date of birth.
- Once the application is complete, either submit it online or prepare to mail it to the San Mateo County Clerk-Recorder. Online payments can be done via credit card, and payments by mail can be done through check or money order.
- Once you have submitted your request, you will have to wait for a response. This can take up to two weeks.
|Online||San Mateo County Official Website|
|Phone Number||1 (650) 363 4500|
|Mailing Address||555 County Center
Redwood City, CA 94063
What to Do if You Can't Get a Redwood City Birth Certificate Copy on Your Own
Because birth certificates are official documents, the process of obtaining them can be difficult. The application for San Mateo birth certificates can be confusing. Fortunately, you don't have to request a birth certificate on your own, as DoNotPay and the Birth Certificates product make it easier.
How to Get a Redwood City Birth Certificate Copy Easily With DoNotPay
If you want to obtain a copy of your Redwood Birth Certificate without the hassle, DoNotPay can help. Our Birth Certificates service can help you get a birth certificate in 8 easy steps:
- 1. Go to the Birth Certificates product on DoNotPay.
- 2. Select who the certificate is for (you or a loved one). If you are requesting a copy of someone else's certificate, enter their personal details, and upload evidence that proves your relationship.
- 3. Enter the location you or your loved one was born in, so we can complete the form specific to your state.
- 4. Enter the name(s) of the parent(s) as displayed on the certificate.
- 5*. Indicate what you will be using this certificate for, and choose whether you need an authorized or certified copy.
- 6. Enter your contact information and shipping address. Upload copies of your government-issued identification, such as a driver's license.
- 7. Choose whether you would like to electronically sign this form or not. Once we generate the form, verify that all of the information is correct.
- 8. If you need the document to be notarized, schedule a notarization appointment using our Notary product. Otherwise, proceed to our Mail Checks product and let DoNotPay mail-in your request form with a check on your behalf.
Why Should You Use DoNotPay for Help With Redwood City Birth Certificate Copies?
Instead of figuring out the request process on your own, Let DoNotPay do it for you. This is the preferred way of finding a Redwood City birth certificate because:
- DoNotPay will help you walk through the steps to easily request a birth certificate.
- It even makes notarization appointments easier.
- You can save time with DoNotPay's easy process.