Everything You Need to Know About the Powhatan Reception Center
Powhatan Reception Center is located in State Farm, Virginia, and holds about 450 mixed custody prisoners. If needed, it can hold up to 812 prisoners at one time. Its official name is the "Powhatan Correctional Center." It is sometimes called "State Farm Correctional Center" and "Deep Meadow Correctional Center."
Powhatan Reception Center takes inmates from local jails around the region. During intake, the facility will take an inmate's photo, fingerprints, drug screening, psychological screening, and physical screening. In most cases, inmates will be transferred to a more permanent facility.
Powhatan Reception Center Contact Information
|Address||Powhatan Reception Center
3600 Woods Way
State Farm, VA 23160
|Accessible by public transport?||No|
|Visitation hours||Saturday: 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM
Sunday: 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM
How to Contact Inmates at Powhatan Reception Center
- You will need to know the inmate's name and Inmate Virginia CD #.
- Only letters, postcards, and photographs are allowed to be mailed. All mail is subject to contraband search.
- Address mail to:
Inmate Name, Inmate Virginia CD#
3600 Woods Way
State Farm, VA 23160
- The inmates at Powhatan Reception Center cannot receive calls. They can only make outbound calls.
- They may call by collect or by using Global Tel Link (GTL).
- All non-attorney calls are recorded and are restricted to 20 minutes in length.
- Inmates can receive funds via MoneyGram, online transfer, mail, or over-the-phone.
- Online deposits can be made by JPAY.
- For MoneyGram Deposits, simply go to any MoneyGram kiosk at CVS or Walmart. Have the prisoner ID handy, and use receive code 5189.
- Over-the-phone deposits are also managed by JPAY. Simply call 1-800-574-5729 to make a transfer.
- Mail deposits are again managed by JPAY. You will need to get a money order from the US Post Office and make it payable to JPAY. In the memo field, include the inmate's name and ID number. All mail deposits need to include a Money Order Deposit Slip. Mail the money order and deposit slip to
JPAY P.O. Box 278170 Miramar, FL 33027
- Visitors must be pre-approved before they are allowed to visit with inmates.
- To get approved, call 804-589-4251 or apply online.
- You will be asked to complete paperwork before being added to the approved visitor's list.
- This can take 30 days to process for Virginia residents and up to 90 days for out-of-state residents.
- After being approved, visits don't require scheduling in advance.
- Visiting hours are Saturday: 9:00 am to 3:00 pm & Sunday: 9:00 am to 3:00 pm.
- We recommend calling before planning a visit. Schedules and Covid protocols may change with little notice. The best number for visitation information is (804)-598-4251.
Steps to Take Before Contacting a Prisoner at Powhatan Reception Center
- Confirm the inmate's location by using the Virginia Department of Corrections offender locator tool.
- For visitations, make sure you comply with covid protocols.
- If you are having a hard time locating an inmate, DoNotPay can help with our Connect With an Inmate product.
Difficulties You May Have Contacting Loved Ones in the Powhatan Reception Center
- It's no secret that state governments don't prioritize the well-being of inmates.
- Many people in Virginia get frustrated with having to deal with all the red tape just to connect with a loved one.
- Being able to send money or visit in person requires being approved.
- Given the length of the application process and that Powhatan is a temporary facility, it is easy to lose the location of your loved one.
- DoNotPay can help.
How DoNotPay Can Help
- Write a Prisoner. Our write a digital prisoner tool allows you to write a letter online. We will then print a physical letter and mail it directly to its recipient. No need to juggle envelopes and stamps. We'll take care of everything for you.
- Prison Pen Pals. We can help you get in touch with an unknown prisoner to become Pen Pals.
- Inmate Visitation. We know all the ins and outs of visitation rules. If you have any problems with visitation, DoNotPay can help.
How to Use DoNotPay to Connect With a Prisoner
You can connect with an inmate at the Powhatan Reception Center by following these five easy steps:
- Locate the Connect With an Inmate service on DoNotPay.
- Choose whether you want to locate a loved one, create a virtual mailbox, or send a personalized letter.
- If you want us to find your loved one, provide his or her personal details and the state they are located in. We'll then conduct a search on the appropriate state database.
- If you want to create a virtual mailbox, just provide your full name! We'll set one up for you so you can easily receive incoming mail from your loved one.
- If sending a personalized letter, tell us which facility your loved one is located in and what you would like to say to them. You can even include a photo! Your letter will be delivered automatically - just wait 10 days for it to arrive to your loved one!
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
- How to address a letter to an inmate
- Connect with an inmate at the Powhatan Reception Center
- Writing letters to inmates
- Compensation for victims of a crime
- Small claims court
- Suing for a dog bite
- Copyright Protection
- Reduce Property Taxes
- Dispute Parking Tickets
- Advanced Healthcare Directive
- Chargebacks and Refunds
- Compensation For Robocalls
- Contact government representatives
- File a complaint against a neighbor
- Recover Passwords
- Complete Debt Validation Letters
- Dispute Credit Letters
- Waive College Fees
- Help With Bills
- Airline Flight Compensation Hacks
- Appeal Banned Account