How to Get a Copy of Your Pima County Marriage Certificate
Pima County is the second-most populated county in southern Arizona that is named after the Pima Native Americans who are indigenous to the area. Pima County is home to the city of Tucson, which makes up a great portion of its more than 1,000,000 current residents. Pima County is home to many national parks and other landmarks that attract residents to live there and visitors to come to see all of the natural beauty that the area has to offer.
Along with a county with more than 1,000,000, Pima County also issues its fair share of marriage licenses, and subsequently certificates. Every marriage certificate that is handed out by Pima County comes from the Clerk of the Superior Court in Pima County. In order to get a marriage certificate, you will have to turn in your marriage license and send a formal, written request for a marriage certificate.
However, filling out all of the forms and following through on all of the procedures in order to get your marriage certificate can be both time-consuming and frustrating. can take several days to a few weeks to be processed, and waiting for the certificate to come in the mail can be both stressful and irritating. There has to be a better way to do this, and that is where DoNotPay can help you get your marriage license and certificate through our AI tool. We will help take the frustration and anxiety of out all of the paperwork and going through the procedure of having to do the work yourself.
What Are the Differences Between Marriage Certificates & Licenses?
- A marriage license is considered to be a legal document, and it is required before two people can officially be married. It's customary for the license to be signed either during the ceremony or after it. Once you are able to send a copy of your marriage license to the district courts, you will be sent a copy of your marriage certificate.
- The marriage certificate is the one that you keep as proof that you are married. The marriage license is the document that you originally sign at or after your wedding ceremony. That is kept on file with , and they send you a marriage certificate as proof of your marriage for you to keep for your own records.
How Much Does It Cost to Get Your Marriage Certificate?
If you are looking to get a copy of your , you will have to make a payment of $83.00, which is made payable to Pima County. You will have to make your payment out to the order of the court county clerk's office, which is the entity that will issue you the marriage certificate. You can keep your marriage certificate to prove that you are indeed married.
How Long Will It Take to Get My Marriage Certificate?
If you have a marriage license, you will need to sign it and turn it into the court county clerk's office within 30 days of the license being signed. Once you turn your marriage license into the county clerk's office, they will begin processing the license immediately. The county clerk's office will also prepare you a copy of your marriage certificate and will send it to your Pima County, Arizona address within two business days via USPS First Class Mail (if you do not pay your $83.00 fee, the certificate will not mail until complete payment is received). A copy of the receipt will be included with your marriage certificate.
How Do I Get a Copy of a Marriage Certificate on My Own?
If you are out to get a copy of your marriage certificate, then you will have to fill out the appropriate applications, sign an affidavit, make a payment, and then wait for the marriage certificate to be sent to you via USPS First Class Mail.
The following are the exact steps that you would have to take if you want to get a copy of your marriage certificate on your own:
|Send a Copy of Your Marriage License||Once you can sign your marriage license at your ceremony (or after), you will need to send a copy of that license to the circuit court clerk's office.|
|License Must Be Sent to Circuit County Clerk's Office Within 30 Days||You will have to file your marriage license within 30 days of it being signed to be able to get a copy of your marriage certificate.|
|Fill Out Your Application||You will be required to complete a full written application to be able to get yourself a copy of your marriage certificate. You will also have to fill out an affidavit and sign it for the judge to release a copy of your marriage certificate to you or your spouse.|
|Sign the Affidavit||You will have to sign an affidavit as part of your application to ensure that you are getting a marriage certificate.|
|Pay Your Fee||You will have to pay a fee of $86.00 to get a copy of your marriage certificate. However, if both you and your spouse are Florida residents and have proof of such, that fee will be reduced to $61.00 for a copy of your marriage certificate.|
|Wait to Recieve Your Copy of Your Marriage Certificate||It may take up to 10 business days (2 weeks) for the county clerk's office to be able to send you the copy of your marriage certificate in the mail.|
Completing all of these steps, especially filling out the paperwork and signing the affidavit, can be quite frustrating. Waiting for your marriage license to be processed, and then waiting to have your marriage certificate mailed can take up to a couple of weeks, which adds to the time it takes to get your marriage certificate in your possession. Finally, there is the $83.00 fee that you will have to pay, which can add more frustration on top of all of the costs of getting married and starting your life together in the first place.
DoNotPay Can Help Make It Easier for You to Get Your Marriage Certificate:
DoNotPay has developed a process powered by AI to help you provide us with some of your basic application information that will allow us to send a copy of your application information and provide your signature for your affidavit. All you have to do is follow these 7 simple steps to allow us to submit your marriage license and request a marriage certificate on your behalf:
- Go to the Certificates of Marriage product on DoNotPay.
- Select whether the certificate belongs to you or a relative/loved one. If it belongs to someone else, enter the details of both people on the certificate, and select/upload evidence that proves your relationship with them. If the certificate is yours, enter the details of your spouse.
- Enter the city, state, and county where the marriage certificate was issued as well as the date it was issued.
- Indicate what you will be using this certificate for, and choose whether you need an authorized or certified copy.
- Enter your contact information and shipping address. Upload copies of your government-issued identification, such as a driver's license.
- Choose whether you would like to electronically sign this form or not. Once we generate the form, verify that all of the information is correct.
- If you need the document to be notarized, schedule a notarization appointment using our Notary product. Otherwise, proceed to our Mail Checks product and let DoNotPay mail-in your request form with a check on your behalf.
Following these 7 simple steps will allow you to get all of the forms filled out and the affidavit signed so that we can send the information to the county court clerk's office. Once the information for your marriage license is in the county clerk's office, you will start counting down the time you will have to wait to receive the marriage certificate through the USPS First Class Mail.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
We are glad that you asked! DoNotPay can provide you with a variety of different services to help you save both time and money daily. The following are some ways that we help you save both time and money through using DoNotPay:
- Learn a copy of the marriage certificate
- Learn marriage certificate
- Online marriage certificate
- How to apply marriage certificate online?
- Fill out a marriage certificate
- Learn marriage certificate documents
DoNotPay can also help you with:
- Canceling memberships
- Services you no longer use
- Canceling banking fees
- Getting reimbursed for unwanted credit card fees.
Whether you want to save money on your utilities or you want to get rid of your banking or credit card fees, then DoNotPay is for you. If we save you both time and money, then our job has been done properly.