How to Get Pasco County Birth Certificates the Easy Way
A birth certificate is a vital record that documents the birth of a child. As a legal document and proof of age, your Pasco County birth certificate facilitates access to social benefits, healthcare, and education. You also need a birth certificate for a passport and a driver's license application.
Florida-born individuals can purchase Pasco County birth certificates online through the Bureau of Vital Statistics at the Department of Health. Depending on the circumstances, getting a may not be easy. Things can get complicated if you are not familiar with the Pasco County birth certificate process.
If you want to get a birth certificate fast, DoNotPay can help expedite the long, tedious, and often frustrating Pasco County birth certificate process. Keep reading to find out how to apply for a birth certificate, where to get a birth certificate, replace a lost birth certificate, get a birth certificate for a newborn, and how long it takes to get a Pasco county birth certificate.
The Difference Between an Authorized and Informational Birth Certificate Copy
There are two types of birth certificates in Florida, an authorized copy and an informational copy. The primary difference is that the former is an official, legally valid copy, while the latter cannot be used officially.
Who Can Get a Birth Certificate Copy in Pasco County?
The Florida state law deems birth certificates confidential; they only become public 100 years following birth. As such, authorized may only be issued to:
- The person named on the record (registrant) if they are 18 years or older
- Biological father or mother of the registrant as per the birth certificate
- An immediate family member (upon receipt of the death certificate of the registrant)
- Any person entitled to receive the record as a result of a court order
How Much Does it Cost to Get a Birth Certificate Copy in Pasco County?
are not free. A fee of $12.00 applies for one copy of a certified or authorized birth certificate copy. If you want more than one copy, a fee of $8.00 for each additional copy applies when ordered at the same time.
How Long Does It Take To Get a Copy of a Birth Certificate in Pasco County?
The processing time for Pasco County birth certificates is usually 3—5 business days. However, you may have to wait a little longer for your request to be processed if you apply during peak request periods.
What Documents Do I Need to Get a Copy of a Birth Certificate in Pasco County?
Pasco County birth certificates can only be issued to eligible applicants who provide valid photo identification. Accepted forms of identification include:
|State ID card||Military ID card|
How to Get a Copy of a Birth Certificate in Pasco County on Your Own
There are various ways to get a copy of a birth certificate in Pasco County. You can place your request in person, by mail, or online via VitalChek.
1. Visit the Bureau of Vital Statistics office nearest to you. There are Vital Statistics offices in Dade City and New Port Richey, Florida.
2. Complete a birth certificate application form.
3. Pay the processing fee and wait for your application to be processed.
1. Print and complete the application form.
2. Include the processing fee in the form of a money order or cashier's check made payable to DOH-Pasco. Visa or MasterCard are also acceptable.
3. Mail in your application to 10841 Little Road, New Port Richey, FL 34654.
1. Go to VitalChek.com to place your request.
2. Enter the required information.
3. Online applications are processed within 5 to 7 business days.
What to Do Next If You Can't Get a Birth Certificate Copy By Yourself
Unfortunately, the Pasco County birth certificate process is long and tedious and doesn't always yield results. If it doesn't work, don't give up. DoNotPay offers an easier alternative to getting a Pasco County birth certificate.
Get a Birth Certificate Copy Instantly in Pasco County With DoNotPay
DoNotPay offers a faster, more convenient, and less frustrating solution to birth certificate requests. If you want to get a birth certificate copy in Pasco County but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered in 8 easy steps:
- Go to the Birth Certificates product on DoNotPay.
- Select who the certificate is for (you or a loved one). If you are requesting a copy of someone else's certificate, enter their personal details, and upload evidence that proves your relationship.
- Enter the location you or your loved one was born in, so we can complete the form specific to your state.
- Enter the name(s) of the parent(s) as displayed on the certificate.
- Indicate what you will be using this certificate for, and choose whether you need an authorized or certified copy.
- Enter your contact information and shipping address. Upload copies of your government-issued identification, such as a driver's license.
- Choose whether you would like to electronically sign this form or not. Once we generate the form, verify that all of the information is correct.
- If you need the document to be notarized, schedule a notarization appointment using our Notary product. Otherwise, proceed to our Mail Checks product and let DoNotPay mail-in your request form with a check on your behalf.
Why You Should Use DoNotPay to Get a Birth Certificate Copy
Our process is:
- Fast. Our Birth Certificates product guarantees faster application and processing times.
- Easy. Requesting a birth certificate copy using DoNotPay is extremely easy.
- Successful. DoNotPay boasts a very high success rate for getting birth certificates.
Sign up today to get birth certificates and other vital documents easily.