How to Get a New Mexico Birth Certificate the Easy Way
Whether you failed to get an authorized copy of your child 's New Mexico birth certificate in their early days or you're seeking a copy of your birth certificate from New Mexico, it can quickly turn into a real hassle. You may find yourself sitting on hold with your local health department, struggling to figure out what information you need, or visiting the health department in person, only to get turned away.
Fortunately, DoNotPay can make it easy to online in just a few easy steps!
Do You Need an Authorized or Informational Birth Certificate Copy?
An informational birth certificate copy is used for private matters. You can use it to show proof of your birthday or to establish the birth of a child, but not for legal purposes. An authorized birth certificate, on the other hand, is intended to serve as proof of the named party 's identity for legal purposes. That might include:
- Employment purposes
- Getting a driver's license
- Showing your identity to the Social Security office
- Getting a passport
Authorized copies of a birth certificate require notarization. An informational copy does not.
Who Can Get a Copy of a Birth Certificate in New Mexico?
In New Mexico, you can only get a copy of the birth certificate if:
- You are the applicant. You may need to offer proof of your identity, often in the form of personal information, to acquire the birth certificate.
- You are an immediate family member of the applicant. Immediate family might, for example, include parents, guardians, or siblings of the applicant.
- You have a legal interest in the applicant's birth certificate. Someone who can show that they have a legal interest in getting an applicant's birth certificate, like a social worker working with a specific client, might have the legal right to access birth certificate records.
How Much Does It Cost to Get a Birth Certificate Copy in New Mexico?
Request for your New Mexico birth certificate from the vital records office. If you fill out an application or write a letter and mail it in, your birth certificate will cost only $10. The cost is the same whether you need an original or replacement copy. Additional copies cost $10 each.
|Contact Address and Phone Number
|Birth Certificate Processing Fee
|New Mexico Vital Records
|2554 Camino Entrada
Santa Fe, NM 87507
|First Copy: $10.00 Additional Copies: $10.00
New Mexico offers two cost tiers for applicants who request their birth certificate copy online or over the phone. For UPS Next Day Air Delivery and 3-5 processing days, it costs $44.50. For regular US mail delivery, a birth certificate delivery costs $26.
What Documents Do I Need to Get a Copy of a New Mexico Birth Certificate?
To secure a New Mexico birth certificate copy, you will need:
- Valid government ID establishing yourself as either the person named on the birth certificate or an immediate family member
- Proof of the relationship between you and the person on the birth certificate, if you are requesting for someone else
If you do not have a government-issued ID, such as a driver's license or passport, you can provide two of the following:
- Social Security card with signature
- Baptismal certificate
- School records or school ID
- Marriage certificate
- Voter's registration card
- Medical records
- Tax forms
- Tribal IDs
How to Get Your New Mexico Birth Certificate On Your Own
Here is how you can apply for your New Mexico Birth Certificate on your own:
- Visit the Bureau of Vital Records and Health Statistics office, local Public Health Office, or Midtown Public Health Office, depending on your location. You will need to provide proof of identity, fill out the Birth Record Search Application, and pay any applicable fees.
- Fill out a Birth Record Search Application and mail it in. This process can be very time-consuming and create delays in receiving your birth certificate.
- Request your birth certificate online through VitalChek Express Certificate Service. This process can add cost, not to mention require a significant time investment on your part.
Get Your New Mexico Birth Certificate Faster with DoNotPay
DoNotPay is the perfect solution to getting your New Mexico birth certificate online quickly, efficiently, and in the time that works for you. You won't have to worry about figuring out how to navigate a complicated website, wait in line at your local Public Health Office, or spend a long time on hold dealing with a records request. Instead, you can simply:
- Go to the Birth Certificates product on DoNotPay.
- Select who the certificate is for (you or a loved one). If you are requesting a copy of someone else's certificate, enter their personal details, and upload evidence that proves your relationship.
- Enter the location you or your loved one was born in, so we can complete the form specific to your state.
- Enter the name(s) of the parent(s) as displayed on the certificate.
- Indicate what you will be using this certificate for, and choose whether you need an authorized or certified copy.
- Enter your contact information and shipping address. Upload copies of your government-issued identification, such as a driver's license.
- Choose whether you would like to electronically sign this form or not. Once we generate the form, verify that all of the information is correct.
- If you need the document to be notarized, schedule a notarization appointment using our Notary product. Otherwise, proceed to our Mail Checks product and let DoNotPay mail-in your request form with a check on your behalf.
DoNotPay Makes Getting Your New Mexico Birth Certificate Easier
DoNotPay is fast, easy, and successful. It's all online so it doesn't require a trip to the post office or printing. You can receive virtual notary and check-mailing services, too.
Just about everything you need to streamline the process is available for you. online with DoNotPay today!