Everything You Need To Know About Mountain View Unit
Mountain View Unit is a maximum-security female prison in Gatesville, Texas. The prison houses up to 645 female inmates and is about a 45-minute drive from Waco. The classification of inmates ranges from minimum (G-1) to maximum (G-5). Death row inmates are housed separately from the rest of the population.
Inmates may receive education and vocational training. Education includes literacy and GED testing. Vocational opportunities include computer maintenance, construction, landscaping, and business computer systems.
Mountain View Unit Contact Information
|Address||Mountain View Unit
2305 Ransom Road
Gatesville, TX 76528
|Phone Number||(254) 865-7226|
How to Contact Inmates at Mountain View Unit
- Inmates will establish a list of contacts that they are allowed to call. These lists can be changed periodically.
- In order to receive a phone call from an inmate, you need to set up an account with Texas Prison Phone. You can do this on their website or by calling 1-866-806-7804.
- Internet phone lines and prepaid cell phones cannot receive calls from Mountain View Unit.
- Calls are typically limited to 20 minutes.
- The phone banks are usually available from 7 am - 10 pm every day. Call hours may be halted during lockdowns.
- All mail communication at Mountain View Unit is subject to being searched for contraband.
- Inmates are permitted to receive photographs that are 4" x 6" or smaller. Instant photos, such as Polaroids, are prohibited. Photos cannot show nudity or depict any gang-related activity, such as tattoos or gang signs.
- Inmates are permitted to receive books, magazines, and other publications. All publications must be sent through a reputable vendor, like Target or Amazon. Hardcover books are prohibited. Publications may not incite hate, provide instructions on making contraband, or be of a sexual nature.
- You can address packages and mail to:
|Inmate Name, TDCJ Number
Mountain View Unit
2305 Ransom Road
Gatesville, TX 76528
- Mountain View Unit inmates can receive money via MoneyGram, Western Union, over-the-phone deposits, online deposits, and by mail.
- You can make a deposit with MoneyGram at any of their authorized kiosks. Be sure to use receive code 3570.
- Western Union deposits require submitting a "Quick Collect" form. Provide the following information on the form:
|Pay to||TDCJ - Inmate Trust Funds|
|Code City and State||TDCJ/TX|
|Account Number||Inmate's TDCJ ID and last name with no space (for example, Miller1234567)|
|Attn||Inmate's last name, first name|
- Online Deposits can be made with Western Union, TouchPay, eCommDirect, and JPAY.
- Over-the-phone deposits can be made with JPAY (1-800-574-5729), Western Union (1-800-325-6000), and TouchPay (1-877-868-5358).
- Mail deposits are often the most economical but tend to take the longest. You will need an inmate trust fund deposit slip. The deposit slip can be mailed to you from the inmate or by requesting one via mail through the Inmate Trust Fund. Cashier checks and money orders should be made payable to "TDCJ - Inmate Trust Fund (Inmates committed name - TDCJ Number)" Mail your deposit with the deposit slip to:
Inmate Trust Fund PO Box 60 Huntsville, Texas 77342-0060
- All visitors at Mountain View Unit need to be on the inmate's approved visitors list. This list is created during intake and can be changed periodically.
- The prisoner will need to submit the visitor's full name, date of birth, and accurate address. If the inmate doesn't know this information, it will need to be retrieved by phone or by mail.
- All adult visitors must present a government-issued ID, like a driver's license or passport. Minors must have a student ID or a birth certificate.
- All visitors and their cars will be searched. This may include needing to pass through a metal detector.
- Segregation and General Population inmates are permitted to receive visitors on Saturdays and Sundays between the hours of 7 am and 5 pm. Inmates on death row can accept visitors on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays from the hours of 8:00 am to 5:00 pm; Wednesdays from 8 am to noon; Saturdays from 5:30 pm to 10 pm.
Steps To Take Before Contacting a Prisoner at Mountain View Unit
- In most cases, you will need to know the Inmate's Texas Department of Corrections and Justice number.
- You can use the TDCJ inmate lookup tool to search for their number.
- The TDCJ website is known to crash and run slowly. DoNotPay can help with the Find an Inmate product.
Difficulties You May Have In Contacting Loved Ones in Mountain View Unit
- Working with TDCJ can be incredibly difficult.
- The Texas government has the reputation of not caring about the families of inmates.
- DoNotPay is here to help you
How DoNotPay Can Help
- Write a Prisoner. If you're getting frustrated trying to send mail to Mountain View Unit, our online writing tool can help. All you need to do is type your correspondence, and we'll handle all the printing and shipping.
- Inmate Visitation. We know all visitation rules of the Mountain View Unit. If you have any issues with your visitation, we can help.
- Prison Pen Pals. If you want to get in touch with a random inmate at Mountain View Unit, our Prison Pen Pal tool can get you connected.
How To Use DoNotPay To Connect With a Prisoner
You can by following these five easy steps:
- Locate the Connect With an Inmate service on DoNotPay.
- Choose whether you want to locate a loved one, create a virtual mailbox, or send a personalized letter.
- If you want us to find your loved one, provide his or her personal details and the state they are located in. We'll then conduct a search on the appropriate state database.
- If you want to create a virtual mailbox, just provide your full name! We'll set one up for you so you can easily receive incoming mail from your loved one.
- If sending a personalized letter, tell us which facility your loved one is located in and what you would like to say to them. You can even include a photo! Your letter will be delivered automatically - just wait 10 days for it to arrive to your loved one!
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
- Chargebacks and Refunds
- File a complaint against a neighbor
- Recover Passwords
- Complete Debt Validation Letters
- Dispute Credit Letters
- Help With Bills
- Appeal Banned Account