Tips for Raising a Motorola Warranty Claim the Easy Way
Motorola is a Chicago-based telecommunications corporation. It specializes in manufacturing phones, cable modems, charging cables, wireless network gear, and other similar devices.
To protect its customers from workmanship mistakes, the company offers a warranty you can claim if something goes wrong with your device. If you aren’t sure what the claiming procedure should look like, this article will show you the ropes.
What Does Motorola Manufacturer’s Warranty Cover?
Motorola devices have a one-year standard manufacturer’s warranty. The plan covers all faults caused by material issues or improper manufacturing until the warranty period ends. The covered malfunctions include:
- Electrical failures
- Mechanical malfunctions
- Manufacturing faults of additional in-box accessories
Once the original warranty expires, Motorola offers two extended warranty plans. You can see the overview of both extended warranties in the table that follows:
|Moto Care Extended Service Plan||Two years||From $20 to $99||
|Moto Care Accident Protection||From 15 months to two years||From $35 to $399||
How To Schedule a Motorola Warranty Service With DoNotPay
If you don’t feel like wasting your time in phone queues or waiting for the company’s response, we have your back! DoNotPay is here to turn the tiring procedures into a three-step solution and help you file your warranty claim in less than five minutes.
Here’s how this service works:
- Visit DoNotPay in your web browser and pick the Claim Warranty option
- Select Warranty on a Purchased Item
- Enter Motorola as your warranty provider, provide your purchase details, and describe the issue you are experiencing
Your work ends here—we take care of the rest! Our app will generate a warranty claim letter according to the details provided and send it to Motorola. Not sure about your warranty plan details? We will create a claim based on implied warranty laws and help you have your device repaired in no time.
Our knowledge base is invaluable for learning more about home warranties across the USA and understanding the importance of home warranty reviews. We are here to lend you a helping hand when it comes to canceling your current extended warranty plan or dealing with your motorcycle warranty.
Ways To File a Motorola Warranty Claim on Your Own
The company allows you to raise a warranty claim via chat, phone, or online form.
Whichever method you choose, you can opt for one of two available service methods:
- Mail-in—the company sends you a label to return the faulty device for a repair
- Premium mail-in—you pay $24.99, and the company sends you a replacement device to use while their technicians fix the faulty one
Claiming Motorola Warranty via Online Form
The first method you can use is submitting an online form. To file a claim this way, proceed as follows:
- Navigate to the Motorola support page and log in to your account
- Click on Find out more under the Returns & repair service
- Select Submit for Repair
- Complete the form with the necessary details
- Submit your claim
Claiming Motorola Warranty via Phone
Another option is to call Motorola customer support and file a phone claim. Here’s how you can do it:
- Dial (800) 734-5870
- Inform the representative about the problem with your device and tell them you want to file a warranty claim and schedule a repair
- Choose the preferred service method and wait for further instructions
The call center work hours are Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. and from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. on weekends.
Claiming Motorola Warranty via Chat
If you want another real-time solution, get in touch with Motorola chat agents during their business hours. You can do it by following the steps below:
- Go to the Motorola support page
- Click on the Contact Us tab
- Select Chat Now and enter your first name and email address
- Type your query in the chat window and follow the instructions you get from the agent
How Long Does It Take To Have Your Device Fixed After Claim Filing?
If you opt for the standard mail-in option, the company will fix your device and ship it back within four days. Should you choose the premium method, the repair may take a bit longer, but you will receive your replacement device within four business days.
How To Appeal a Rejected Motorola Warranty Claim With DoNotPay
In case Motorola denies your warranty claim, you can use our Claim Warranty feature to file an appeal and get another chance. To use this service, follow these steps:
- Open DoNotPay and navigate to the Claim Warranty section
- Select Appeal a Denied Warranty Claim
- Pick Product Manufacturer or Extended Warranty Provider, depending on the type of warranty
- Submit a digital copy of your denied claim
We will forward your appeal to the company. All you need to do is wait for Motorola customer support representatives to reach out and discuss the matter with you.
Discover More Non-Warranty Features DoNotPay Offers
Our services don’t stop here—access our portal from your preferred web browser and learn everything about other non-warranty features we offer. Our learning center includes handy tips and tricks for:
- Eliminating spam texts for good
- Filing lawsuits in small claims court
- Fighting against stalking or harassment
- Contesting traffic tickets easily
- Handling your credit card problems
- Fighting against robocalls and getting money off them
- Getting free trials without disclosing your credit card details online
- Terminating unwanted subscriptions or memberships
- Saving your work from copyright violation
- Registering on various services without phone verification
- Requesting college application fee waivers
- Making appointments at the DMV fast and easy
- Appealing speeding tickets in no time
- Demanding refunds from numerous merchants and companies
- Finding ways to handle bills you can't pay at the moment
- Putting an end to spam emails once and for all
- Fighting parking tickets
- Locating and contacting incarcerated family or friends
- Demanding a refund and compensation for a delayed or canceled flight
- Skipping the queue when contacting customer care representatives
- Signing up for various clinical trials in your vicinity
- Passing any government test with flying colors
- Raising any insurance claim in a snap
- Searching for unclaimed funds you forgot about and retrieving them
- Filing any other warranty claim in no time