Get Your Los Angeles County Marriage Certificate Effortlessly
When you get married you are usually more focused on the ceremony and the love shared between each other than the actual paperwork. Keep your Los Angeles marriage certificate safe with your important papers like your birth certificate.
If you can't remember what happened to your marriage certificate during the moving and hurry of the new life change, you can obtain your marriage certificates from the clerk of court. can guide you through obtaining marriage certificates, reduce processing times, and help you replace marriage certificates quickly. It is important to keep legal copies of your certificates for a passport, loans, and other legal matters.
Do You Need a Marriage License, Certificate, or Informative Copy?
Did you know that there are three separate forms of a marriage license? You will go through the process and receive:
- The marriage licenses
- The marriage certificates
- The informative (or decorative) copy
The license is used to apply for the union. Certificates are given as certified copies that the union is legal and valid. Informative copies will have all of the pertinent information, but not be able to be used as a legal copy.
Marriage Certificate Copies in Los Angeles County
You will need your marriage certificate throughout the stages of your adult life, to prove your union. You will need to provide proof for passports, home loans, car loans, and other legal matters. Only certain people can request a certified copy of a marriage certificate. This can include.
- The couple
- A representative with a court order
A government ID, birth certificate provided to a newborn, valid passport, and court-ordered documentation will need to be present. The documentation will need to be examined and copied to be turned in with the application. In Los Angeles County No other parties request a copy of the marriage certificate.
The cost isn't very high compared to other states and counties. You can receive both a confidential marriage certificate and a public marriage certificate for $17 plus the $9 handling fee for credit cards.
Los Angeles County Recorder Contact Details
|For Vital And Real Estate Records Requests, Emailemail@example.com|
|The Los Angeles County Registrar-Recorder/County Clerk Address||12400 Imperial Highway
Norwalk, CA 90650
|Registrar Of Voters||(800) 815-2666|
|Vote Center Information||(800) 815-2666, Option #1|
|Recorder/County Clerk||(800) 201-8999|
|Reminder||We are closed on all Federal Holidays|
How Long Does it Take to Get a Copy of a Marriage Certificate in Los Angeles County?
Processing time to obtain a marriage certificate will be no less than 20 working or business days. This will include the time it will take to mail the result to the requesting party. A notarized certificate of identity will be required when submitting the application, which is only taken online. VitalChek will assist you with completing the online form.
How to Los Angeles County Marriage Certificate on Your Own
Filling out online forms can be tough and confusing, especially when you have to jump through hoops to prove you are who you say you are. Skip the long and tortuous online form and allow DoNotPay to get the tedious work done for you. Follow the easy steps below to get started.
With just seven simple steps, you can easily obtain a copy of your :
- Go to the Certificates of Marriage product on DoNotPay.
- Select whether the certificate belongs to you or a relative/loved one. If it belongs to someone else, enter the details of both people on the certificate, and select/upload evidence that proves your relationship with them. If the certificate is yours, enter the details of your spouse.
- Enter the city, state, and county where the marriage certificate was issued as well as the date it was issued.
- Indicate what you will be using this certificate for, and choose whether you need an authorized or certified copy.
- Enter your contact information and shipping address. Upload copies of your government-issued identification, such as a driver's license.
- Choose whether you would like to electronically sign this form or not. Once we generate the form, verify that all of the information is correct.
- If you need the document to be notarized, schedule a notarization appointment using our Notary product. Otherwise, proceed to our Mail Checks product and let DoNotPay mail-in your request form with a check on your behalf.
That's it. All you have to do is wait for the copies to be processed and mailed to you. DoNotPay even sends them the money quickly and easily. Now you can focus on more important things, like your spouse.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
Before you think that DoNotPay has outlived its usefulness, check out the myriad of ways DoNotPay can help you out. This list isn't everything either. DoNotPay helps with much more including complaints, passport photos, and much, much more.
- Chargebacks and Refunds
- Airline Flight Compensation
- Item Return Requests
- Child Travel Consents
- Defamation Demand Letters
- Free Raffle Tickets
- How to Cancel Services and Memberships
will work with any company in any state. Simply search the site for the topic you need help with.