How to Get Your Lane County Birth Certificate Stress-Free
Are you about to enroll your child in school? Or maybe you want to adopt a young one in your home? Or perhaps you're applying for your passport or marriage certificate? If you answered yes to any of these questions, it means you need to have your or your loved one's ready.
However, in case you've lost your birth certificate or have not yet applied for one, it may cause delays in getting the services you want, such as registering your child for school or formalizing a marriage.
But worry not. DoNotPay's efficient online application process is your best bet. DoNotPay will help you expedite a birth certificate request and save you the hustle of filling out long forms, mailing checks, or queuing for long hours.
Who Can Get a Birth Certificate Copy in Lane County?
Here's a list of persons that can apply for a birth certificate in Lane County:
- Spouse or domestic partner
- Parent, stepparent, legal guardian, grandparent, great grandparent,
- Child or stepchild
- Legal representative
- Authorized representative
- Government agencies
- A court
What is the Cost of Birth Certificates in Lane County?
The average cost of one copy of a is $25. The cost varies depending on the application method that you choose as per below.
|Online||$43.25 for one copy and $25 for additional copies|
|Telephone||$44.95 for one copy and $25 for additional copies|
|Regular mail||$25 for one copy, $25 for additional copies, and $30 for full image copies|
|Rush mail||$25 for one copy, $25 for additional copies and $30 for full image copies|
|DropBox||$25 for one copy, $25 for additional copies, and $30 for full image copies|
|In-person||$28 for one copy, $25 for additional copies, and $33 for full image copies|
Lane County accepts payments in:
- Money Orders
- Credit Card (Visa, MasterCard, Discover, Paypal, UnionPay)
Lane County does not accept cash payments via mail. But you can envelop the money when delivering the application in person.
How Long Does it Take To Receive Your Birth Certificate in Lane County?
The amount of time it takes to process a depends on the application method.
|Regular Mail||5 to 8 weeks|
|Rush Mail||3 to 5 workdays|
|Drop Box||5 to 7 workdays|
|In-person||Some full image records and amendments are not available on the same day you submit an application|
What Documents Should You Present When Applying for a Birth Certificate in Lane County?
Lane County requires you to provide the following when applying for a birth certificate:
- A complete order form
- A copy of your identification document
- Payment in the form of a check or money order
- A valid photo identification that includes current address; if photo identification does not have a current address, please include separate proof of address
How to Get a Lane County Birth Certificate by Yourself
Where you get your birth certificate in Lane County depends on the age of the child (even if they were born in Lane County).
Lane County Vital Records provides birth certificates for newborns and babies who are 5 months and 28 days. For babies above five months and 28 days, place an order for the birth certificates from Oregon State Vital Records in Portland. Below are the steps you need to follow when getting your by yourself:
- Prove your eligibility
- Provide your legal identification document
- Fill out the information requested on the form
- Pay the fees
Getting a Lane County In-Person
If you choose to drop the application in person, you can do so at the:
DROPBOX outside the Vital Records office on the fifth floor of the Health & Human Services building (151 W. 7th Ave. #520).
Remember, you can include cash payment in the envelope when dropping off a physical application.
If you prefer to do it electronically, send an email to: email@example.com
Ordering birth certificates online is not currently supported by Lane County Vital Records website at the moment. The Portland Oregon State Vital Records office recommends that you use Oregon's contracted vendor, Vital Check to make an online order.
You can place an order by calling VitalChek at 1-888-896-4988, which is available 24/7 and is toll-free.
Let DoNotPay Get Your Lane County Birth Certificate For You
With other daily activities to do, you don't want to add the stress of getting a birth certificate on your plate. The process can take a long time and much of your energy as you find lawyers, queue, mail checks and so much more.
Luckily, DoNotPay's robot lawyer makes the process seamless and quick. Here's is how you can apply for your Lane County birth certificate online in 8 easy steps:
- Go to the Birth Certificates product on DoNotPay.
- Select who the certificate is for (you or a loved one). If you are requesting a copy of someone else's certificate, enter their personal details, and upload evidence that proves your relationship.
- Enter the location you or your loved one was born in, so we can complete the form specific to your state.
- Enter the name(s) of the parent(s) as displayed on the certificate.
- Indicate what you will be using this certificate for, and choose whether you need an authorized or certified copy.
- Enter your contact information and shipping address. Upload copies of your government-issued identification, such as a driver's license.
- Choose whether you would like to electronically sign this form or not. Once we generate the form, verify that all of the information is correct.
- If you need the document to be notarized, schedule a notarization appointment using our Notary product. Otherwise, proceed to our Mail Checks product and let DoNotPay mail-in your request form with a check on your behalf.
DoNotPay is the Best Option to Get Your Lane County Birth Certificate
Yes, you need to apply for a birth certificate urgently, but you are short of time, and maybe you don't know where to start. It's time to let DoNotPay do it for you quickly, easily, and successfully.
All you need is to on DoNotPay and sit back as we order your birth certificate, make the payment, and get a virtual notarization stamp. In a fraction of the time it would take when making the application yourself, you'll receive your Lane County birth certificate stress-free!