Lakin Correctional Center: Your Guide to Getting in Touch
The Lakin Correctional Center and Jail is situated in West Columbia, West Virginia. It's in an unincorporated area of Mason County along the Ohio River. As the state's only female correctional institution, it houses inmates of all security levels. It has a capacity of 543 offenders, and is currently managed by Superintendent J.D. Sallaz.
Lakin Correctional Center Address and Contact Information
The Lakin Correctional Center is located on West Virginia Route 62, approximately 6 miles north of Point Pleasant. No mode of public transportation is available in the immediate area. As such, you will need to provide your own transportation to and from the facility.
Since getting there by car can be difficult, contacting staff by phone or email is highly recommended. Contact information for LCC personnel is as follows:
11264 Ohio River Road, West Columbia, WV 25287
How to Contact Inmates at Lakin Correctional Center
You have several options for staying in touch with someone at the Lakin Correctional Center. The most common methods are by phone or mail, and here is all the information you need to know.
Those housed at the Lakin Correctional Center can receive general correspondence via U.S. Mail. Any mail should be limited to only postcards, greeting cards, and letters. Do not send stickers, photographs, brochures, etc. Address your letter as follows:
Name of inmate, Inmate's DOC#
Lakin Correctional Center
11264 Ohio River Road West
Columbia WV, 25287
The West Virginia Department of Corrections has partnered with ICS Corrections, a division of CenturyLink, for its phone service. Through ICS Corrections, you may either establish your own prepaid account or set one up on behalf of an offender. With a prepaid offender account, an inmate may call anyone approved by the facility.
In-person visits have been suspended for the time being. Currently, attorneys are the only ones who have direct access to those housed at the Lakin Correctional Center.
Sending Money and Packages to Lakin Correctional Center Inmates
All inmates benefit from money. They can use it to buy books, snacks, crafts, etc. Birthday, Christmas, and other special occasions could call for more than just a letter or phone call. When you want to provide a little something extra, knowing the rules for sending money and packages is a must.
Upon entry, a trust account is established in each offender's name. Friends and family members may deposit money into that account in any of the following ways:
- By visiting an offender banking website, either ConnectNetwork.com or Jailatm.com.
- Calling 888-988-4768 and providing the Site ID of 179
- Downloading the ConnectNetwork app on your Apple or Android device
Access Securepak Packages
Inmates at the LCC are authorized one care package each quarter from Access Securepak. After creating an account, you can browse through items that have been pre-approved by the facility. Care packages are limited to $100 worth of merchandise. A $6.95 processing fee along with a 6% West Virginia sales tax will be added to each order.
Steps To Take Before Calling or Writing an Inmate
Is there anything else you should know before calling or writing a prisoner or prison pen pal? There are actually a few things you should keep in mind, including the following:
- Before accepting any inmate phone calls, you should first know where he or she is located. If that person is out of state, the cost of a phone call could be significantly higher than it would for an intrastate one.
- If you would like to know how to find an inmate, DoNotPay can help. Our app includes an incredible product known as "Connect With an Inmate" that can locate any offender within the U.S. Try it for yourself by opening a DoNotPay account in your own web browser and then:
- Open the Connect with an Inmate tab, then choose Locate Someone.
- Enter the offender's full name and state where he or she is incarcerated.
- Hit the submit button.
That's all it takes to find an inmate's current location using DoNotPay. In just a few seconds, you will have the information you need right at your fingertips.
What Challenges Could I Face when Contacting a Loved One in Lakin Correctional Center?
Since all mail is screened, it can take up to 72 hours for delivery. The wait time is even longer during weekends and holidays, as personnel may not be available to process mail. And phone call rates can be through the roof, depending on where you are located. Even getting to the facility once visitation opens back up could be a challenge due to its very remote location.
Get in Touch With Your Incarcerated Loved Ones Using DoNotPay
Are you ready to get in touch with your loved one at the Lakin Correctional Center? If so, DoNotPay provides the perfect solution for doing so. Through our incredible web app, you can easily connect with an inmate by providing us with some basic information such as the person's name, Inmate ID number, and name of the prison.
DoNotPay: Helping People Locate their Imprisoned Friends
Maybe it's been some time since you last spoke with your loved one. It's easy to lose track of someone when you don't see or hear from that person often. However, there's no need to worry, because DoNotPay has got you covered.
- Locate the Connect With an Inmate service on DoNotPay.
- Choose whether you want to locate a loved one, create a virtual mailbox, or send a personalized letter.
- If you want us to find your loved one, provide his or her personal details and the state they are located in. We'll then conduct a search on the appropriate state database.
- If you want to create a virtual mailbox, just provide your full name! We'll set one up for you so you can easily receive incoming mail from your loved one.
- If sending a personalized letter, tell us which facility your loved one is located in and what you would like to say to them. You can even include a photo! Your letter will be delivered automatically - just wait 10 days for it to arrive to your loved one!
What Other Things Can DoNotPay Do?
Once you connect with an inmate using DoNotPay, you'll then want to learn more about their other products and services. As the world's first robot lawyer, we can help you manage a variety of everyday tasks, and are designed to streamline them for maximum efficiency. A few of the other things we can assist you with include:
- Handling credit card issues
- Canceling a membership or subscription and stop recurring charges
- Moving to the front of the line during customer service calls
- Getting even with robocallers
- Filing a small claims lawsuit
- Getting a DMV appointment quickly
- Making airlines refund you for cancelled or delayed flights
- Challenging a parking ticket
- Getting help when you can't pay the bills
- Ensuring your safety against harassment and stalking
- Getting the refund you deserve
- Enrolling in free trials and avoiding risk
- Making spam email go away for good
- Eliminating spam texts
- Filling out applications for clinical trials
- Ensuring you don't fall victim to copyright infringement
- Reaching a friend or family member behind bars
- Signing up for services without going through phone verification
- Finding any unclaimed monies in your name
DoNotPay: Helping you Reach Inmates in the Lakin Correctional Center
Are you trying to reach someone inside the Lakin Correctional Center? If so, you don't have to get bogged down trying to make sense out of all the rules. Get with DoNotPay instead so that we can help you facilitate the process with ease.