How to Contact Inmates at the Kinross Correctional Facility the Simple Way
The Kinross Correctional Facility (or KCF) is a mixed-security (levels I and II) correctional facility for adult males located on Michigan's Upper Peninsula.
The original Kinross Correctional Facility opened in 1977, and the entire prison moved to its current location (on the former Hiawatha Correctional Facility) in 2015. It houses up to 1,280 adult offenders at any given time, and in terms of land area, it's one of Michigan's largest prisons. It provides general education development (GED) services as well as vocational education, substance abuse education, and medical and dental care.
How do you , though? It isn't always easy. Thankfully, DoNotPay is here to help!
Where Is the Kinross Correctional Facility?
The Kinross Correctional Facility is located in Kincheloe, Michigan, which is in Chippewa County on the eastern end of the Upper Peninsula.
|Kinross Correctional Facility||4533 W. Industrial Park Dr., Kincheloe, MI, 49788||(906) 495-2282||https://www.michigan.gov/corrections/0,4551,7-119-68854_1381_1385-5164--,00.html|
How to Contact An Inmate at the Kinross Correctional Facility on Your Own
The Kinross Correctional Facility allows you to contact inmates through direct visitation, mail, email, and phone calls.
How to Visit an Inmate at the Kinross Correctional Facility
The state of Michigan requires you to fill out a visitor's application and pass a background check before you can visit anyone in a Michigan prison. Minors must also include a copy of their birth certificate with their application. This copy will not be returned. You also have to be on your inmate's list of approved visitors; this list gets updated quarterly. You cannot bring electronics into the facility.
The visiting hours of Kinross Correctional Facility vary based on the housing unit your inmate is in. For an up-to-date list of these visiting days and hours, see the Michigan Department of Corrections website.
How to Send Mail to an Inmate at the Kinross Correctional Facility
All mail sent to Michigan inmates must have your complete name and return address listed in the upper left corner of the envelope. You can send letters and photographs to Kinross Correctional Facility inmates at the following address:
- Your inmate's full name and MDOC number
- Kinross Correctional Facility
- 4533 W. Industrial Park Drive
- Kincheloe, MI 49788
Note that all mail sent to inmates is subject to inspection, and you cannot send more than five 4x6" photos at a time.
How to Email an Inmate at the Kinross Correctional Facility
The Kinross Correctional Facility participates in the JPAY program, allowing you to buy virtual stamps to send and receive emails from your inmate. Visit the JPAY website to get more information and to set up an account.
How to Talk on the Phone with an Inmate at the Kinross Correctional Facility
Incoming phone calls to inmates are not accepted at the Kinross Correctional Facility. All phone contact has to be initiated by the inmate. In addition, you need to be on the inmate's Personal Allowed Numbers (PAN) list, which is updated quarterly. Inmates can make collect calls to people on their PAN list, or you can set up an AdvancePay GTL account to prepay for calls.
Steps to Take Before Contacting Your Prisoner
There are a few things you need to do before you contact any inmate. The most important thing when contacting an inmate is to know where they are and what their MDOC number is. If you don't have this information, don't fret! DoNotPay's Connect with an Inmate function allows you to find Michigan inmates in seconds following three steps:
- Open the DoNotPay app on your web browser
- Go to the "Connect with an Inmate" tab and select "Locate Someone"
- Provide the inmate's full name and state
And that's all! You'll have the location and prisoner number of your loved one in seconds.
Why Use DoNotPay to Get in Touch with Imprisoned Loved Ones
DoNotPay is by far the easiest way to reach out to loved ones and friends in prison. With the Connect with an Inmate product, you don't have to worry about how to address the envelope or what photos you aren't allowed to include. DoNotPay takes care of the hard parts for you, so you can just focus on keeping in touch!
DoNotPay Can Help You Locate Your Imprisoned Friend
Whether it's a family member, a friend, or a prison pen pal, is one of the best things you can do for any prisoner. DoNotPay makes it easy to maintain that contact, no matter where in the system your loved one is. There are five simple steps to follow:
- Locate the Connect With an Inmate service on DoNotPay.
- Choose whether you want to locate a loved one, create a virtual mailbox, or send a personalized letter.
- If you want us to find your loved one, provide his or her personal details and the state they are located in. We'll then conduct a search on the appropriate state database.
- If you want to create a virtual mailbox, just provide your full name! We'll set one up for you so you can easily receive incoming mail from your loved one.
- If sending a personalized letter, tell us which facility your loved one is located in and what you would like to say to them. You can even include a photo! Your letter will be delivered automatically - just wait 10 days for it to arrive to your loved one!
What Else Can DoNotPay Do for You?
DoNotPay can do much more than help you . As the world's first robot lawyer, it can help you:
- Sign up for services without phone verification
- Get chargebacks and refunds from any company
- Sue anyone in small claims court
- Get compensated for delayed flights
And much more! Find out what DoNotPay can do for you today.