The Best Way to Get an Idaho Birth Certificate
Birth certificates are essential documents you cannot do without throughout your life. At times, you may not know where to start looking for one. And if you're in Idaho, the Bureau of Health Statistics and Vital records lacks a public counter. This means requests for certified copies of the Idaho birth certificate are submitted by mail or online. Consequently, several third-party vendors charge unnecessary and excessive fees for copies of these vital documents.
For the fastest and most economical processing, customers can order certified copies from Idaho-Bureau-of-Vital-Records online or by mail. In this article, we discuss how to instantly get your Idaho birth certificate with the help of DoNotPay.
Reasons You Need an Idaho Birth Certificate
In the United States, birth certificates are proof of citizenship status, an individual's age, and identity. Here are some instances where you need a state of Idaho birth certificate:
|Access to education||Birth certificates are necessary documentation when enrolling in publicly-funded schools.
Lack of birth registration will keep children from school participation.
|Affordable healthcare||Unregistered children may not access healthcare. They may succumb to otherwise preventable diseases, or you will have to pay more for health care.|
|Protection||Without identification, the state has no documentation of the child's existence. Consequently, the law cannot protect children from abuse and crimes. Effective birth registration provides and protects children with their legal rights.|
|Inheritance claim support||With birth registration, children have legal evidence of family ties. When parents of unregistered children pass away, this serves as legal proof of relationship in inheriting family property.|
|Permanent Record||Should disaster strike, children who separate from their families need a reunion. Without proper identification, accounting for children will be a challenging process.|
|International travel||You need an original copy or certified birth certificate from Idaho to apply for a passport and travel to other countries.|
|Marriage||In some states, you need to prove your identity with a birth certificate to receive a marriage certificate.|
Idaho Birth Certificate Essential Requirements
To obtain a birth certificate copy in Idaho, complete your application and mail it to the Vital Records Office. Besides the application form, applicants should include copies of the documents below:
- The State's driver's license
- I.D. card from the state of Idaho
- Driver's license from another state
- S. passport book
- Tribal identification card
- Concealed weapons permit
- Prison I.D. card
How to Get an Idaho Birth Certificate on Your Own
T here are several ways you can obtain birth certificate copies in Idaho.
Request a Copy Online
- Visit the vital records website.
- Under the heading "order online," click the link to the VitalChek website.
- Provide information in the VitalChek, i.e., proof of identity and accurate information for a birth certificate. You may also fax other necessary documents to VitalChek.
- Make payments, and wait for the certificate by mail. The charges are $23.50 by credit card, including an additional $19.50 for shipping. Typically, the processing time is up to one week, excluding the shipping time.
Request a Copy by Mail
- Visit the vital records website. Find the "certificate request" link and print it out.
- You can contact 208-334-5988 for alternative means to acquire the form.
- Provide information as indicated on your certificate request form. You can use the same document to request a record of death, stillbirth, divorce, or marriage. The requested details include the date of birth, full names, and names of parents. Provide a photocopy of the acceptable proof of identity.
- Alternatively, you may submit forms that include your I.D. and a list including vehicle registration, social security card, hunting license, student I.D., pay stub, traffic ticket, and auto insurance, among others.
- Send your payment, proof of I.D., and application. Make payments to the Idaho Vital Records at the cost of $13 plus $5 shipping. The processing is up to one week, excluding shipping time.
How to Get a Birth Certificate in Idaho Using DoNotPay?
- Go to the Birth Certificates product on DoNotPay.
- Select who the certificate is for (you or a loved one). If you are requesting a copy of someone else's certificate, enter their personal details, and upload evidence that proves your relationship.
- Enter the location you or your loved one was born in, so we can complete the form specific to your state.
- Enter the name(s) of the parent(s) as displayed on the certificate.
- Indicate what you will be using this certificate for, and choose whether you need an authorized or certified copy.
- Enter your contact information and shipping address. Upload copies of your government-issued identification, such as a driver's license.
- Choose whether you would like to electronically sign this form or not. Once we generate the form, verify that all of the information is correct.
- If you need the document to be notarized, schedule a notarization appointment using our Notary product. Otherwise, proceed to our Mail Checks product and let DoNotPay mail in your request form with a check on your behalf.
Why Use DoNotPay to Get Your Birth Certificate
An ID birth certificate may take longer to process due to unresolved issues or incomplete orders. The good news is that DoNotPay offers an easy online process that saves you the post office trip. Besides, we offer check mailing services and virtual notaries to guarantee successful applications. Sign up today for our birth certificate product!