How to Dispute a Huntington Transaction Fast
Huntington Bank customers appreciate the bank's commitment to customer service and warm, welcoming environment. When you have to deal with a Huntington transaction dispute, however, you may find yourself much less pleased with the time and effort you have to spend dealing with a fraudulent or incorrect transaction.
However, there's good news for frustrated Huntington Bank customers who have to file a chargeback. DoNotPay can make it easier to manage your Huntington transaction dispute fast, so you can secure your refund quickly.
How to Dispute a Charge Through Huntington Bank On Your Own
Trying to manage a chargeback with Huntington Bank on your own? Try one of these methods.
|By Phone||Call (800) 480-2265 to file a dispute with Huntington Bank. The representative will ask you to verify your personal information and share the same data regarding your disputed transaction.|
|By Mail||Send a certified letter to: The Huntington National Bank P.O. Box 1558, Attn: GW4W61 Columbus, OH 43216|
|In Person||Visit your local branch in person. Be sure to bring all relevant data about the fraudulent transaction, including proof of identity, and any other evidence you might have regarding the charge.|
|Online||Fill out an online dispute form at the bank and fax it to (877) 211-1631 or mail it in to the address above.|
Dealing with a dispute on your own can be a tedious and lengthy sequence of events. In many cases, you will have to wait to talk to a representative, and in some cases, this can lead to hours spent on attempting to sort out the transaction. With DoNotPay, on the other hand, you can quickly move through the process online and let our platform take care of the rest.
Huntington Bank Refund and Transaction Dispute Policies
In general, you have the right to dispute a charge with Huntington Bank if:
- Your charge includes incorrect information, including an inaccurate dollar amount or an inaccurate transaction date, such as the date of services performed.
- You received a charge for services you did not receive, or goods that did not arrive.
- You did not receive a bill for the charge in an appropriate and timely manner.
- You have previously requested a written proof of purchase on the charge, but did not receive it before the charge was filed.
- You did not receive the services that were requested (in the cases of disputes over $50). The Federal Trade Commission may require you to show proof of a good faith attempt to reach a resolution before filing a dispute.
How Long Will It Take to Receive a Refund from Huntington Bank?
After you’ve successfully filed your dispute with Huntington Bank, you have to wait for the funds to arrive back into your account. In the case of many bank disputes, it could take as long as a month, or even up to 90 days, for the funds from your chargeback to arrive.
What Challenges Could You Face with Your Huntington Bank Dispute?
Sometimes, dealing with a chargeback dispute can prove challenging. You may have to contend with:
- A business that disputes your right to receive the funds back
- A long investigation, especially in the case of large transactions — in the meantime, you may not have the funds that you need in your account
- Difficulty finding evidence to prove that you did not make a charge, particularly if the transaction occurred at an establishment that you visit regularly
- Challenges finding the right person to handle your chargeback dispute
How to Dispute a Charge Through Huntington Bank with DoNotPay
Ready to streamline your dispute with Huntington bank for quicker and easier results? DoNotPay can help! Log in and check out the "Chargeback Instantly" option in your DoNotPay account. You'll receive prompts that can help you quickly and effectively move through the information required to file a chargeback.
- Select your payment method and the name of your bank. You'll need to share your banking institution and the card or information used for the fraudulent transaction so that DoNotPay can take care of disputing the transaction for you.
- List all the information you have about the charge. When did it occur, what business made the charge, and how much was the transaction for? You should have all that information at your fingertips as you move forward with submitting your Huntington Bank transaction dispute.
- Share the evidence you have about your claim. DoNotPay will ask several questions that will clear up details about the transaction, including whether someone else could have used your card, whether you have shopped at this particular location in the past, and more.
- Verify your information. Make sure everything is accurate before you move forward.
- Finish and submit. If you want to submit the paperwork for yourself, DoNotPay will provide it for you. The platform can also submit the dispute directly to your bank, including all the VISA and MasterCard codes that can help move your transaction forward.
How Can You Check Your Refund Status?
You can contact customer service at Huntington Bank or check your account online to learn when you can expect the money to arrive back in your account.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
DoNotPay is designed to make a variety of tasks easier for our clients. We can help with:
- Burner phone numbers for verification and authentication purposes
- Securing refunds for plane tickets, unused memberships, and other services
- Providing virtual credit cards to keep your real card info secure and avoid unexpected charges linked to your primary account
We also offer many other services that can help you save time and money. Check out these other companies that you can dispute a transaction with using our “Chargeback Instantly” product: