Get a Birth Certificate From Hillsborough County, Florida Easily
Perhaps you need to obtain an authorized or informational birth certificate in Hillsborough County, Florida, due to certain life circumstances. Whether you live in Florida or another state, obtaining a copy of your is not always an easy process.
This article explores everything you need to know about Hillsborough County birth certificates. We’ll talk about the different types of birth records, how to get them yourself, and how easy it is to get them with DoNotPay.
The Difference Between an Authorized and Informational Birth Certificate
A lot of people get confused about two different types of birth certificates. An authorized birth certificate is one notarized by a government official, becoming your official copy to use for numerous legal matters.
An informational copy isn't notarized and merely used for information. You may need this for research or if you need a copy of the certificate of a past family member.
Getting copies of both takes considerable work, including protracted methods of contact in Hillsborough County to get a copy sent to you. Most people acquire a to help with everything from getting driver's licenses to passports.
How to Obtain a Birth Certificate in Hillsborough County, Florida
If you're going to obtain your birth certificate on your own in Hillsborough County, you need to visit the Florida Department of Health website. Here's what you need to know there to obtain your birth certificate:
- Prove your relationship with the person on the certificate. Are you the parents or another relative?
- Provide all information that proves the above relationship, including ID and other documents. This includes giving the maiden name of a newborn's mother.
- Provide information about the person requesting the birth certificate. It might be you requesting a lost certificate, requiring a picture ID. Also, provide your full name, mailing address, and phone number.
How Much Does it Cost to Get a Birth Certificate in Hillsborough County, Florida?
Based on the Florida Department of Health website, here's what you need to know about fees:
- Obtaining one copy of a birth certificate is $14, with all additional copies costing $9 each.
- A protective plastic cover for an older birth certificate will cost you an additional $3.
- You can pay by cash, money order, cashier’s check, Visa, or Mastercard (debit or credit).
- Expedited shipping to you by postal mail will be $10.
Keep in mind you can also visit in person to get your birth certificate. These locations are the State Offices of Vital Statistics.
How Long Does it Take to Get a Birth Certificate Copy From Hillsborough County?
Going by regular mail, it can take up to 5 or 10 business days before your certificate is received. A $10 expedited fee can frequently get the certificate to you the same day or after. Those of you who manage to get a valid application to the Florida Department of Health by noon on any day can expect officials to mail your certificate that same day.
Otherwise, if you bring your application in the afternoon on any day, mailings won't go out until the next business day.
Getting a Birth Certificate On Your Own in Hillsborough County, Florida
As you can see, it's possible to get a birth certificate from the Florida Department of Health. However, look at how much time is spent filling out forms and waiting on phone lines.
It's an all-time thing you probably don't have. When you're in a hurry to get a copy of a , you need something to move things along faster.
Fortunately, our DoNotPay app is the answer you're waiting for to obtain your certificate without doing anything yourself. Sure, you could go through lawyers to get your birth certificate, but imagine how much it would cost you.
Getting a Birth Certificate in Hillsborough County, Florida with DoNotPay
We utilize AI technology on our app to help you get your birth certificate with ease. We make it work using these eight simple steps:
- Go to the Birth Certificates product on DoNotPay.
- Select who the certificate is for (you or a loved one). If you are requesting a copy of someone else's certificate, enter their personal details, and upload evidence that proves your relationship.
- Enter the location you or your loved one was born in, so we can complete the form specific to your state.
- Enter the name(s) of the parent(s) as displayed on the certificate.
- Indicate what you will be using this certificate for, and choose whether you need an authorized or certified copy.
- Enter your contact information and shipping address. Upload copies of your government-issued identification, such as a driver's license.
- Choose whether you would like to electronically sign this form or not. Once we generate the form, verify that all of the information is correct.
- If you need the document to be notarized, schedule a notarization appointment using our Notary product. Otherwise, proceed to our Mail Checks product and let DoNotPay mail-in your request form with a check on your behalf.
Why You Should Use Our DoNotPay App to Get Your Birth Certificate In Hillsborough County
We have three good reasons why using our DoNotPay app is so essential to getting your birth certificate quickly:
- Our app is fast! We've simplified the process so much, that it takes a minute to get your birth certificate order set up.
- Our app is easy! No more filling out complicated forms when you're already stressed.
- Our app is successful! Millions of our customers can tell you how successful they've been in ordering birth certificates through us. We guarantee the same for you.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do for You?
Aside from , we can also assist you with the following inquiries:
Not only can we help you with birth certificates (and death certificates), but also many legal matters ranging from unpaid bills to harassment. Visit us to learn more about our app's comprehensive features.