DoNotPay Helps You Navigate the GoDaddy Refund Policy!
GoDaddy Inc. is a company from Scottsdale, Arizona, that serves as a domain registrar and provides web hosting services. With over 19 million customers and offices from San Francisco to Belgrade, GoDaddy has a domain marketplace named GoDaddy Auctions, where you can bid for a domain you want. GoValue is another tool that can calculate the value of any given domain name.
This company is no stranger to controversies, ranging from the backlash it experienced for supporting Stop Online Piracy Act (SOPA) in 2011, shutting down websites like RateMyCop.com and being involved in several animal rights scandals. If you’re looking for a way to get your money back from GoDaddy, DoNotPay can help!
What Should You Know About GoDaddy Refunds?
According to the GoDaddy Refund Policy page, any products you buy from this company must be canceled within the refund window to qualify for money returns. Standard refund terms refer to:
- Annual plans
- Monthly plans
Annual plans can be refunded if canceled within 30 days after the purchase is completed. If you want to cancel a monthly plan and get your money back, you should do it within 48 hours after the purchase date. Monthly plans refer to all plans shorter than one year.
GoDaddy is a giant in the web hosting world, and it offers a vast variety of tools to its users, but the most popular services are domain registrations and renewals. Many of their tools and services have special refund terms, so here’s the overview of GoDaddy domain refund policy:
|Five days (120 hours)|
45 days (1080 hours)
|Five days (120 hours)|
Five days (120 hours)
Since GoDaddy has a huge number of different products and services, many items will have special refund conditions which you can check out on their official Refund Policy page. Some of the products with special refund terms are:
- Ad Spend
- Assisted Service
- Auction Featured Listings
- Expert Services
- Get Started Services
- GoDaddy IT Services
- Professional Web Design Services
- Purchased Product With Free Domain
- SEO Services
How to Get a GoDaddy Refund?
If you want to get your money back for a GoDaddy product or service, you will have to go through two separate steps:
- Cancel the product or service
- Contact customer support and request a refund
Canceling a Product on GoDaddy
The first part of getting your money back successfully is to cancel the product you no longer want. Here’s how to do it:
- Log into your GoDaddy account
- Open the Renewals & Billing page
- Find the item you want to cancel and click on Cancel Renewal
- Confirm by clicking on Delete My Product
- Check the box that says To complete my request, I acknowledge that I must open the email and select ‘Yes, I want to delete.’
- Open the email from your inbox and click Yes, I Want to Delete!
- You will be redirected back to your GoDaddy account where you should click on Delete product
- Leave feedback about why you decided to cancel (optional)
Requesting a Refund on GoDaddy
After you cancel a product or service you no longer need, if you qualify for a refund, you will need to contact GoDaddy customer support. Refund requests are possible only through:
- Live chat—Go to GoDaddy Contact page and click on the Chat Now box, if available
- Phone—Dial 480-463-8390 free of charge when calling from the United States
While their Contact page claims that customer support is available 24/7, some Reddit threads report extremely long waiting times. If they experience high volumes, live chat won’t work. To avoid wasting your time, try using DoNotPay to secure your GoDaddy refund, or check how DoNotPay can help you jump the queue when you have to reach out to customer support.
Can You Request a Refund Via
|Yes / No|
|Website (Live Chat)||
What Is the Usual GoDaddy Refund Time?
Once you submit your refund request, if you honor all the rules and regulations, and it’s deemed eligible, it should be processed within ten business days. When you’ll see your money back in your account also depends on your form of payment, as banks and credit cards take a bit longer than, say, PayPal refunds.
Even though refunds are usually processed to the original form of payment, there have been reports within GoDaddy’s online community that the money was returned in the form of store credit. In case you need to close your account and cancel all items, store credits will be useless. That’s a reason more to use DoNotPay to go about GoDaddy refunds, as our app works directly with your bank!
Potential Issues With GoDaddy Refunds
Besides issues with long wait times to reach customer support or confusion about where your refunded amount will end up, you might experience problems with trying to refund some of their products. The list of non-refundable items includes:
- Auctions Memberships
- Configuration Add-Ons
- Discount Domain Club (if you use it for purchase)
- Cloud Servers
- Hosting Connection paid Apps (after they’re set up)
- Merchant Accounts
- Office Max Bundles
- Premium Domain Names
- Redemption Fees
- Successful Transfers
- Domain: Auctions, Buy Service, Consolidation or Monitoring
Use DoNotPay to Deal With GoDaddy Refunds!
GoDaddy refund policy looks confusing for an average user, and it takes forever to research what products qualify for getting your money back. If you shiver at the thought of dealing with call centers, their annoying music, and even more annoying wait times, we get you. If you don’t have time to waste, DoNotPay is the way to go.
DoNotPay’s virtual legal team will help you claim your refund from GoDaddy in a matter of moments. You won’t have to leave your home or roll your eyes at automated call center messages. You just need to create your profile on DoNotPay’s website in your web browser.
Once you log in, follow this simple and user-friendly procedure to reclaim your money:
- Pick Chargeback Instantly from the homepage
- Fill out your bank details
- Provide information about the GoDaddy purchase in question
- Answer a few more questions to confirm your identity
That’s it! Once you click Sign and Submit, DoNotPay’s AI legal assistant will send a dispute letter to your bank. If necessary, DoNotPay will provide additional support to your refund claim by sending out a letter with relevant Visa and MasterCard regulations. While you wait for your money, check out what other issues you can fix with DoNotPay.
DoNotPay Can Get Your Money Back and Then Some!
Do you need a refund from Best Buy for that gadget that didn’t live up to its price? Want to know what Target’s refund policy is? Are you struggling to get a refund for a canceled order on Amazon? DoNotPay has the answer to those questions, and it doesn’t stop there!
Do you need help with canceling Office 365 or your Gold’s Gym membership? Not a problem! DoNotPay will help you with that in no time. If you want to try out a new subscription, but you’re worried about forgetting to cancel within the trial period, use DoNotPay’s free-of-charge virtual credit card!
Using DoNotPay to solve various legal and bureaucratic issues is easy and straightforward. Start improving your life today by setting up a DoNotPay profile in your web browser. Once you do, get ready to explore other things DoNotPay can assist you with:
- Protecting yourself from stalking and harassment
- Contesting speeding tickets
- Getting refunds for delayed or canceled flights
- Jumping the phone queue when getting in touch with customer service reps
- Getting revenge on robocalls
- Suing people and companies in a small claims court
- Dealing with bills you are unable to pay
- Getting rid of unwanted subscriptions or memberships
- Dealing with traffic tickets
- Requesting refunds from other companies
- Challenging parking tickets
- Fixing issues with credit cards
- Scheduling a DMV appointment fast and easy