How to Get Your Gaston County Birth Certificates in 5 Minutes
Your birth certificate is very crucial in helping prove your identity. It also allows you to apply for official documents such as ID, driver's license, and passport and comes in handy when enrolling in a school. It's normal to misplace the record, but when you do, you should ensure you've obtained a copy of it to have at all times. DoNotPay can quickly, easily, and successfully help you get a .
The Difference Between Authorized and Informational Birth Certificates
There are two different types of birth certificates, namely:
When obtaining a copy of your , you may get issued either an informational document or an authorized copy. Here's how to tell the two apart.
- An authorized birth certificate has your local register or health department's seal and signature. You can use this copy to apply for a driver's license, passport, or marriage license.
- As the name suggests, an informational copy is used to provide you with information regarding yourself. The document contains details about a person's birth event, including their name and place of birth. It doesn't have a signature or seal and can't be used for legal purposes.
Who Can Get a Birth Certificate Copy?
When applying for a birth certificate, you'll most likely be issued an informational copy, as authorized ones are difficult to obtain. Here are some people who can get a Gaston County birth certificate:
- The person whose name is on the certificate
- Legal guardians
- Adult siblings
- Adult children
- Organizations on official business
- Legal representatives of the individual
How Much Does It Cost to Get a Birth Certificate in Gaston County?
Every state has different charges for obtaining birth certificates. Some states charge as less as $10, while some charge as much as $60. To get a certified copy of a you must part with $10.
- The county also charges $20 for Delayed Birth Applications and $24 for out-of-county births starting from 1971.
- You will have to part with $5 for any extra copy of the certificate you request.
What Documents Do I Need to Get a Copy of a Birth Certificate in Gaston County?
You will be required to provide a copy of your valid ID or a valid passport to get a copy of your Gaston County birth certificate.
How to Get a Copy of Your Birth Certificate by Yourself?
You can use any of the following methods to obtain a copy of your on your own:
|Online||Gaston County uses a third-party vendor for all birth certificate-related services. You need to download the Application For Certified Copy of Vital Record form, fill it out, and submit it to the vendor online. It's important to note that using the third-party vendor will see you get charged a $3.50 Service Fee in addition to the copy fees.|
|In-person||Fill out the Application For Certified Copy of Vital Record and drop it at Gaston County Courthouse 325 Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Way, formerly 325 N. Marietta Street Gastonia, NC 28052.
The county only accepts checks or money orders for mail requests and cash or credit cards for in-person applications.
|After filling out the form, mail it to Gaston County Register of Deeds PO Box 1578 Gastonia, NC 28053.|
Get a Copy of Your Birth Certificate With DoNotPay Help
It's easy to get frustrated with the long documents and several requirements. Missing any required steps will force you to start all over again. If you need a quick, effective way of obtaining the document, DoNotPay offers exactly that.
DoNotPay can ensure you get your Gaston County birth certificate in eight strokes of a button without tracking down a records office or finding a notary. Here's how it works:
- Go to the Birth Certificates product on DoNotPay.
- Select who the certificate is for (you or a loved one). If you are requesting a copy of someone else's certificate, enter their personal details, and upload evidence that proves your relationship.
- Enter the location you or your loved one was born in, so we can complete the form specific to your state.
- Enter the name(s) of the parent(s) as displayed on the certificate.
- Indicate what you will be using this certificate for, and choose whether you need an authorized or certified copy.
- Enter your contact information and shipping address. Upload copies of your government-issued identification, such as a driver's license.
- Choose whether you would like to electronically sign this form or not. Once we generate the form, verify that all of the information is correct.
- If you need the document to be notarized, schedule a notarization appointment using our Notary product. Otherwise, proceed to our Mail Checks product and let DoNotPay mail-in your request form with a check on your behalf.
DoNotPay Works Across All Entities With the Click of a Button
DoNotPay can help you handle any birth certificate-related actions. Aside from helping you obtain your Gaston County birth certificate, we can also help you learn about:
- Birth Certificates
- Where to Get Birth Certificates
- Online Birth Certificates
- Applying for a Birth Certificate
- Birth Certificates for Newborn
- Replacing a Lost Birth Certificate
- Getting a Birth Certificate for Passport
- Getting Birth Certificate Fast
- Finding Birth Certificates
- Birth Certificate Processing Time
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
DoNotPay services extend outside certificate-related services such as Gaston County birth certificates. With DoNotPay, you can:
Want a quick and effective way of solving your bureaucratic issues? Try DoNotPay today!