The Easy Way to Get a Forsyth County, NC Birth Certificate
There are many options for getting a . Some are more straightforward, and some are more complicated. When you want a copy of your or someone else's birth certificate, you must know which option to choose and how to apply so you avoid delays and denials.
Having to start applying all over again is not only frustrating, but you could miss the deadline you wanted the certificate for. To avoid these delays, denials, and frustrations, DoNotPay will apply for the correct Forsyth County birth certificate for you.
Who Can Get a Forsyth County Birth Certificate?
Under North Carolina law, some people are entitled to a certified copy of a birth certificate, and others are not.
People Who Are Entitled to a Certified Forsyth County Birth Certificate
You may apply for a certified copy (one with a raised seal) if you are:
- The person named on the birth certificate.
- The parent, spouse, or sibling of the named person.
- A child or step-child of the named person.
- The step-parent, or grandparent of the person named.
- An authorized representative, agent, or attorney legally acting on behalf of the applicant.
- Someone who needs a certified copy to determine property rights.
What About an Unofficial Copy of a Forsyth County Birth Certificate?
Anyone is entitled to receive an unofficial copy. Unofficial copies of birth certificates do not have a seal, so they cannot be used for proof of identity.
Why Do You Need a Certified Copy (with Raised Seal) of a Birth Certificate?
There are many reasons to get a certified copy of a . You may just be at the stage of wanting to learn more about where to get a birth certificate, as well as how, in general, to apply for a birth certificate. They include:
- Enrolling in school, getting a driver's license, applying for Social Security, registering to vote, getting a job, or joining the military.
- You may need to replace a lost birth certificate.
- If you never had a birth registered in Forsyth County, you must apply for a Delayed Birth Certificate (we explain that process below.)
- You may be searching for family history reasons, and first, you need to know how to find a birth certificate.
- You want a birth certificate for a newborn baby.
- You need a birth certificate to get a passport.
- You wish to change the Gender Marker on a birth certificate (from male or female to non-binary.) DoNotPay will handle that for you.
How Do You Request Forsyth County Birth Records?
There are only three ways to get a . Email and fax requests will not be answered. You may make the request:
- In-Person - Bring a government-issued photo ID, plus other documentation if you are not requesting your own birth certificate copy. You may pay with cash, cashier check, money order, credit, or debit card. No other form of payment is acceptable.
- By Mail - Download the application form and fill it out. If it does not download, you may handwrite or type your own form, but make sure you include everything on the official form. If you prepare your own application form, you must include:
- The person's full name at birth.
- Their date of birth.
- The full names of both parents.
- Who you are (the person named on the certificate, spouse, mother, father, stepparent, child/stepchild, etc., as listed above, to show you are entitled to a certified copy.)
Before signing your name, add the following statement: "I hereby certify that all of the above information is true to the best of my knowledge and belief." (Making this statement if you know it to be untrue counts as a Class I felony.) Sign the document, date it, and add your telephone number and mailing address. Enclose a copy of your ID and authorization (if required.) Include a self-addressed, prepaid envelope. Cash, personal checks, counter checks, and checks are drawn on a foreign bank are NOT acceptable.
- Online - Select whether you are applying for yourself or someone else, then follow the instructions.
DoNotPay has provided additional, general information about applying for a birth certificate online.
|Physical Address||Vital Records
201, N. Chestnut St.
Winston-Salem, NC 27101
How Do You Get a Forsyth County Delayed Birth Certificate?
If you were born in Forsyth County, but the birth was not registered, there will not be a certificate on file. If the person is at least one year old, a responsible adult may apply for a Delayed Birth Certificate. Follow these steps:
- Contact NC Vital Records in Raleigh.
- Ask them to carry out a statewide search to prove the birth was not registered elsewhere.
- If no record is found, you will receive a "No Record Found Letter."
- Contact the Register of Deeds in Forsyth County, and they will give you further instructions.
How Long Does it Take to Get a Certified Copy of a Birth Certificate?
For Forsyth County Birth Records, it takes 30 business days from receiving the request to completing the search and processing.
You will find this background information on processing time to receive a birth certificate useful since many people who want a birth certificate need to contact more than one vital records office. If time is short, these ideas on getting a birth certificate fast will also help.
How Much Does it Cost to Get a Forsyth County Birth Certificate?
If you, the applicant, are 62 years or older, you are entitled to one free certified copy of your own birth certificate. Everyone else must pay. The fees, currently, are as follows:
- A certified Forsyth County birth certificate copy costs $10.
- An uncertified copy costs 50 cents.
- A $14 search charge is payable for each search made (some applicants make errors in their request.)
- Online requests, paid by credit or debit card, cost $15 per certified copy and $4 per uncertified copy. Online requests are made and paid via Forsythrod.permitium
- A Delayed Birth Certificate costs $24 to search, plus $10 for the certificate.
Ask DoNotPay to Get Your Birth Certificate for You
Requesting a certified, uncertified copy or a delayed birth certificate from Forsyth County takes time and attention to detail. Even if you do everything perfectly, you will wait at least 30 business days before the certificate is mailed out. One error and the time goes out, and the cost goes up.
The easiest and least frustrating way of getting the certificate is to follow these 8 steps, and to have DoNotPay arrange everything, so all you have to do is sit back and relax. The 8 simple steps are:
- Go to the Birth Certificates product on DoNotPay.
- Select who the certificate is for (you or a loved one). If you are requesting a copy of someone else's certificate, enter their personal details, and upload evidence that proves your relationship.
- Enter the location you or your loved one was born in, so we can complete the form specific to your state.
- Enter the name(s) of the parent(s) as displayed on the certificate.
- Indicate what you will be using this certificate for, and choose whether you need an authorized or certified copy.
- Enter your contact information and shipping address. Upload copies of your government-issued identification, such as a driver's license.
- Choose whether you would like to electronically sign this form or not. Once we generate the form, verify that all of the information is correct.
- If you need the document to be notarized, schedule a notarization appointment using our Notary product. Otherwise, proceed to our Mail Checks product and let DoNotPay mail-in your request form with a check on your behalf.
And that is it; simple, straightforward, and accurate. Just ask DoNotPay to do it all for you!