How to pass your Florida DMV practice permit test the first time
Are you excited to get behind the wheel but worried whether you will do well on your permit test? No need to worry because the DoNotPay practice tests will help you pass your Florida DMV permit test the first time!
There are so many different tests on the Internet. How to pick the best one? Start with the DoNotPay tests! Other online tests don’t guarantee you will pass, but with our tests, you can pass the official one so much easier! And they are entirely free!
The official test for a Florida driver’s license has 50 questions on road signs and driving rules. To pass it, you have to score at least 80% or to answer 40 out of 50 questions.
How many correct answers?
Florida Driver License Handbook can help you prepare for the test. But, our practice permit tests are modeled after the ones presented in the handbook. So wait no longer, ace your permit test on the first try!
What documents should you prepare before your test?
Adults who want to get a driver’s license have to bring:
- Your unexpired US passport or an original US birth certificate to confirm your full name and date of birth. Florida DMV doesn’t accept copies, so make sure to bring a certified copy, if not an original document.
- A bill, lease agreement, credit card statement, or any document that has your full name and valid address in Florida. You will need two different proofs of residence, so don’t forget to bring them. Otherwise, your application will be incomplete.
- Your social security card or a W-2 to verify your social security number.
- In case you changed your name recently, your marriage certificate, divorce papers, or court order to prove the change of your name.
- A proof you have completed the obligatory TLSAEC (Traffic Law & Substance Abuse Education Course)
Having submitted this, you will proceed to your vision and hearing test. After that, you can take the knowledge test, and once you pass it, the road test.
What should you bring to the DMV for a driver’s test if you are a non-citizen?
Non-US citizens may also apply for a Florida driving license. All you have to bring is:
- One valid and original document to verify your identity, such as employment authorization card, an unexpired foreign passport with a valid US visa, or I-571 travel document
- Two separate documents to confirm your address in Florida, such as a utility bill, lease agreement, or a bank statement.
- Proof of social security, it can be either a paycheck or a social security card.
Until the authorities verify your documents, you will be given a temporary permit to use. When they complete the verification of the documents, foreigners will get their original driver’s license within 60 days.
What should you bring to the DMV for a driver’s test if you are a minor?
In Florida, minors can apply for a learner’s permit and an intermediate license depending on their age. Teens who just turned 15 can request a learner’s permit. For that, you need the following documents:
- Social security card with a valid social security number, if the Social Security Administration issued one to your name
- Proof of identity, such as US citizenship, US birth certificate, or a valid US passport
- Two proofs of Florida residence, such as a medical card or school records from the current school year. In case you don’t have any document of such sort to your name, you can submit a valid address from your parents or legal guardians.
- Consent form signed by a parent or a legal guardian
- Proof that the minor has completed the DATA course (Drug and Alcohol Course)
After submitting these documents, you can move on to a vision and hearing test before taking the official road rules and road signs test. You can take exams either online or in-person at the local DMV.
Only minors who are 16 years old and have had a learner’s permit for at least a year can apply for an intermediate license. You have to bring the following:
- Their learner’s permit
- A written statement signed by your parents that you have completed a supervised driving course of at least 50 hours, out of which ten were conducted during the night
Aside from these two documents, you will have to take another driving test to verify your knowledge of the driving laws and road signs.
Free Florida DMV Permit Test
DoNotPay also helps you ACE your written exam
DoNotPay can also help you study for your written exam with a free practice test. Drivers that do well on our practice tests are guaranteed to do well on the written exam. If you have an upcoming practice test, make sure you pass by using our free DMV practice test.
- Florida Practice Test
- Arizona Practice Test
- Nevada Practice Test
- California Practice Test
- New York Practice Test
- North Carolina Practice Test
- Michigan Practice Test
What else can DoNotPay help with?
Our app can also help you to solve some of the most annoying everyday problems such as:
- Beat speeding tickets
- Seek compensation for delayed flights
- Dispute parking tickets
- Jump the phone queue for any company
- Contest traffic tickets
- Get virtual credit cards to avoid unnecessary charges
- Sue companies and people in small claims court
- Get an appointment with the DMV faster
- Cancel any service or subscription