Set Montana DMV Appointment Fast
Most of us have experienced the dreaded Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) line. What should be a quick visit typically turns into a day lost standing in crowded lines waiting to be helped by frustrated employees.
Making an appointment via the telephone can be equally stressful, navigating through endless queues that make it nearly impossible to speak with a customer service agent. In Montana, the average on-hold wait time is 45 minutes. Worry no more!
DoNotPay has found a way to simplify the entire process, saving you time and providing much-need peace of mind. Scheduling a Montana DMV appointment directly from your web browser is fast, efficient, and easier than ever before.
How To Book an Appointment at Montana DMV
|In Person||Walk-in customers are discouraged at the Montana DMV offices. Most transactions require an advance appointment.|
|Telephone||The Montana Department of Justice has a Customer Care Center that handles all telephone requests for Montana DMV appointments. Contact (406) 444-1772 during regular business hours.
Customers are advised to call on Wednesday or Thursday, when call volume is typically lower.
|Online||The Montana DMV utilizes an online appointment scheduling system. To use the system:
How to Book a Montana DMV Appointment with DoNotPay
DoNotPay can streamline the process, making it simple and easy to confirm your Montana DMV appointment. The days of sitting on hold until a live person picks up the phone are gone. To get started:
- Enter the issue you are trying to resolve and DoNotPay will determine what type of appointment is necessary. If the matter can be handled online, it will let you know immediately, eliminating wasted time. Whether you are trying to renew your license, set up a driving exam, or obtain a vehicle registration, DoNotPay can help you determine the fastest way to get it done.
- Next, let us know what time works best for your busy schedule. DoNotPay will find a time that reflects your needs, making it easy to get in and out of the DMV without waiting in endless lines.
- Once the appointment is confirmed, DoNotPay will tell you what paperwork is required for your specific situation. No more showing up at the DMV without the correct documentation, only to be sent home and having to return on another day to try again. DoNotPay takes the guesswork out of Montana driver's services, making it as easy as possible to get what you need taken care of quickly and efficiently.
What Kind of Appointment Can You Book at Montana DMV?
Residents of Montana can make an appointment for the following services:
- Driver license services
- Vehicle registration renewals
- Motorcycle endorsements
- Medical and eye evaluations
- Identification cards
- Change of name or address requests
- Veteran designation on a driver license or ID card
- VIN inspections
- Identity confirmation for a driver license or ID card
- Organ, eye, and tissue donation program
- Montana driver license reciprocity with Taiwan
- Real ID credential services (deadline extended until May 3, 2023)
DoNotPay can help set up a Montana DMV appointment, contest traffic and parking tickets, help with filling out various forms, and much more. The app is quick and easy and can be accessed directly from your web browser.
What Documents Should You Prepare Before Your Appointment?
There are three steps to providing proper documentation at the Montana DMV, which include:
- Present a certified US birth certificate or valid, unexpired US passport to prove your full legal name, date of birth, and authorized presence.
- Provide a certified marriage license, divorce decree, or court order for all name change requests.
- Present two documents with your name and address to establish legal Montana residency. A utility bill, phone bill, school transcript, vehicle registration or title, rental agreement, or first-class mail with a postmark is acceptable.
Keep in mind that all certified documents must have an official stamp or seal from the state where it was issued. Photocopies, pictures, and church-issued certificates are not valid. Affidavit of common law marriage is not accepted, and all foreign documents must be translated.
What Is The Best Time to Visit the Montana DMV Office?
The best time for an in-person Montana DMV appointment is as soon as the office opens. During the middle of the month and Tuesday through Thursday are typically not as busy. Avoid lunch hours, as the staff is limited and wait time tends to be longer.
What Can You Do to Avoid Long Wait Times When Making An Appointment at the Montana DMV?
The Department of Justice website states, "Driver license exam stations tend to get busier in the afternoon. People who come into an office in the late afternoon may find that the staff does not have sufficient time to administer the required test."
They recommend that "if you do not have an appointment, please try to arrive at least two hours before closing time to allow adequate time for testing."
DMV Locations in Montana
There are several types of driver license exam stations in Montana.
Most driver-related transactions require an appointment for the fastest service. Renewals must be done in person as online options are currently not available. Here are a few of the full-service Montana DMV locations:
- Butte DMV: 3611 Wynne Avenue, Butte, MT 59701 / (406) 444-1772 / Open Monday 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. and Tuesday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Great Falls DMV: 916 13th Avenue S, Great Falls, MT 59405 / (406) 454-0125 / Open Monday 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and Tuesday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Kalispell DMV: 1325 Hwy 2 W, Suite E, Kalispell, MT 59901 / (406) 257-2127 / Open Monday 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and Tuesday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Carter, Garfield, Golden Valley, Jefferson, Judith Basin, Madison, Petroleum, Prairie, Treasure, and Wibaux counties do not provide driver license services.
The county treasurer's office will accept payment for all vehicle registration and driver license renewals. You will receive a prepaid receipt to give to the driver examiner at a full-service DMV station.
Montana residents temporarily residing outside the state can renew by mail.
DoNotPay can eliminate the hassle of finding out exactly which office to contact to resolve your driving-related issues. You can set up an appointment with the right Montana DMV office in no time directly from your web browser.
What Else Can DoNotPay Help With?
DoNotPay has a vast amount of great features to help you:
- Sue anyone in small claims court
- Skip the phone queue and get a real human being at any company
- Virtual credit cards to stop free trials from charging you
- Appeal speeding tickets
- Contest traffic tickets
DoNotPay is ready to help you with all your driver-related needs. Through this, it makes your experience scheduling a Montana DMV appointment less stressful.