How to Schedule a Utah DMV Appointment Fast
Scheduling a Utah DMV appointment can be stressful and time-consuming. Visiting the Utah DMV offices by yourself can take you a whole day to be served. Although there is an online option for scheduling appointments, it requires you to be tech-savvy.
The start and end of the month are by far the worst times to go to the DMV since many people notice their licenses or registrations are about to expire early in the month and are in a hurry to get them renewed. The DMV is a place where few people like to spend time. It may appear that there are long queues stretched all around the facility every time you visit the DMV. Nobody likes to deal with a driving license or state identification card renewal for an entire day.
The average scheduled wait time at the DMV is 23 days for all regularly booked appointments. That is a significant amount of time to await a single appointment. Imagine having to juggle multiple DMV appointments. DoNotPay, however, will help schedule an appointment quickly and save you a lot of time.
How to Schedule an Appointment at Utah DMV
There are three ways of booking a Utah DMV appointment:
|Online||You can schedule a DMV appointment online. All you need to do is utilize the DMV website on a smartphone or computer. The following steps will guide you:
When scheduling a test drive appointment, for example, keep in mind that you have the option of choosing your favorite road test location. You will also choose when you want to take the exam.
In Utah, there are around 29 DMV offices that provide online scheduling. If your local DMV office does not provide online scheduling, you will need to arrange an appointment in person. Nevertheless, you can go to a different location that accepts online appointment bookings.
The online reservation is the best option if you are particularly vulnerable to the Covid-19 outbreak. Other times, the day you want is already booked, and there isn't a spot available, and in that scenario, you might go to the office in person.
|Phone Call||You may also make a reservation by phoning the Utah DMV hotline (1-800-DMV-UTAH (800-368-8824). You then describe the best time and location for the service you've requested. You may also phone the same hotline to withdraw or postpone your appointment. You can book an appointment by phone call from 8 a.m. to 4.30 p.m.|
|In-Person||To schedule an appointment, head to the local Utah DMV office. Physically scheduling a Utah DMV appointment may be handier than reserving online or by phone if you live near their office.
You need to plan ahead of time to avoid wasting time asking questions at every turn. When you show yourself, the typical waiting period is more than an hour; that's before you even get the opportunity to speak with an agent about scheduling an appointment. Additionally, you will be transferred from one window to the other once you have explained your goal.
What Kind of Appointment Can You Schedule at Utah DMV?
The Utah DMV appointments you can schedule include:
- Change of name or address
- Paying Utah DMV service fee
- Enrolling in a driving class
- Paying traffic tickets
- Checking driving license tickets or ordering a copy
- Renewing driver's license or vehicle registration renewal
- Requesting registration fee estimates
- New car registration
How to Schedule a Utah DMV Appointment With DoNotPay
Scheduling a DMV appointment in Utah might be time-consuming. Most of the time, you'll need to plan earlier. Fortunately, DoNotPay can assist you in obtaining an appointment much more quickly. All you have to do now is follow the steps below:
- Open the DoNotPay website.
- Choose a service that you want to schedule.
- Choose your available time and date.
You need to make sure that you have all your documents with you for DoNotPay to make a reservation.
What Documents Should You Prepare for a Utah DMV Appointment?
You must bring the following original or certified proof documents to the office:
- Proof of identity, such as your passport.
- You must provide your genuine social security card, permit, or ID card. You should have your Social Security Card or a document from the Social Security System office establishing your revocation of a social security number if you don't have a Utah State driving license or identity card. If you've misplaced your Social Security card, you'll need to acquire a copy before visiting the DMV.
- Date of birth proof.
- U.S citizenship proof, permanent legal residency, or temporary legal status in the United States.
- Two distinct proofs of residency in Utah State. Suppose your license and permit application form name do not resemble your identity. In that case, you must present government-issued proof documenting the events that caused you to change your name, such as marriage certificates, adoption papers, litigation decrees, or judicial order documents.
The DMV must also take a fresh photo as part of the application procedure.
What Is the Best Time to Visit the Utah DMV Office?
The best time to schedule an appointment is in the middle of the week, avoiding the start and end of the month because many people tend to visit the DMV at these times.
What Can You Do to Avoid Long Wait Times When Making an Appointment at Utah DMV?
To avoid long lines at the DMV, visit during the middle of the week or use DoNotPay services to avoid the hassle of doing it yourself.
What Else Can DoNotPay Help With?
DoNotPay has a ton of great features to help you:
- Sue anyone in small claims court
- Skip the phone queue and get a real human being at any company
- Dispute parking tickets
- Virtual credit cards to stop free trials from charging you
- Appeal speeding tickets