Schedule A PA Dmv Appointment With Ease
Few things are as frustrating as needing to visit the DMV. Unfortunately, we all need to go to the DMV now and again. In Pennsylvania, you can schedule an appointment at your local DMV using their Online Driver's Test Scheduling Service, but this isn't helpful if you're not going to your PA DMV to take a driver's license test.
Even worse, scheduling an appointment with the PA DMV by phone can require you to wait on hold for over half an hour between 8 AM and 5 PM, Monday through Friday. Luckily, there's a better way to schedule an appointment with the DMV. DoNotPay can eliminate the headache of scheduling a DMV appointment by doing all of the legwork for you.
How to Book an Appointment at Your Pennsylvania DMV
|Online||If you want to make a PA DMV appointment, you may be able to go online if you qualify to schedule an appointment. However, not everyone qualifies for scheduling an online appointment. For example, you won't be eligible to schedule your appointment online if you're trying to schedule a driver's test and don't have a valid permit or need to schedule a special points test.|
|PA DMV Phone Number||You can also call to schedule a Pennsylvania DMV appointment at 717-412-5300. However, navigating the phone system to schedule an appointment isn't easy, particularly if you try to call on your lunch break.|
How to Use DoNotPay to Book a PA DMV Appointment
Suppose you don't have time to wait on hold during the workday, and you don't qualify to schedule an appointment online. In that case, DoNotPay can eliminate the headache of scheduling your PA DMV appointment. Here's what you'll need to do:
1. Decide What Type of Appointment You Need to Schedule
The first step in scheduling your DMV appointment is deciding what type of appointment you need to schedule. Among the appointments we can help you schedule are:
- Renewing your license
- Renewing your registration
- Changing your address
- Setting up a driver exam
- Getting your license
2. Choose the Most Convenient Time for You
The next step in scheduling your local DMV appointment is choosing the most convenient time to attend your appointment. If possible, select several times that work for you to make scheduling even more effortless.
3. Get All of the Forms You Need for Your Appointment
Once you have selected the type of appointment you need and the most convenient time or times, the app will ask you what kind of paperwork you will need for your appointment. Even if you don't fill out the paperwork ahead of time, you will still save time at the DMV by already having the forms.
Bring the Appropriate Forms to Your PA DMV Appointment
To save you as much time as possible at the DMV, you need to make sure you bring everything you need to your appointment. Here's what you will need to bring:
If you need to renew your Pennsylvania driver's license, you will need to bring:
- Proof of identification - current PA driver's license, passport, or photo ID card
- Debit or credit card, money order, or check for $30.50 for a four-year driver's license renewal
- Social Security card
- Form DL-143 (Non-Commercial Driver's License Application for Renewal)
To save yourself the time required to fill out Form DL-143, you can bring the Invitation to Renew (Form DL60A or DL60R) you received in the mail. Also, you must be prepared to have your photograph taken.
To renew your Pennsylvania registration, you will need to bring:
- Debit or credit card, money order, or check for $39 for a one-year registration fee or $78 for a two-year registration fee
- Notice or request for registration application
- Proof of insurance
- Vehicle title
- Registration plate information
- Odometer reading
- Lessor information, if applicable
Note, depending on the county you live in, you may be required to pay an additional $5 annual fee.
How to Avoid Long Wait Times at the PA DMV
To avoid long wait times at your local PA DMV office, you can use DNP to schedule an appointment hassle-free. You can also check to see if you can accomplish your goal online.
For instance, if you have a noncommercial driver's license, you can renew online if there are no changes or corrections to be made besides a change of address. Other available online services include:
- Renewing your photo ID
- Purchasing your driver's history
- Purchasing a duplicate photo ID
- Updating your emergency contact information
- Paying your driver's license restoration fee
What Else DoNotPay Can Help You With
Besides helping you schedule an appointment at your local Pennsylvania DMV, DoNotPay can help you:
- Dispute parking tickets
- Appeal speeding tickets
- Contest traffic tickets
- Sue anyone in small claims court
- Skip the phone queue and get a real human being at any company
- Get a virtual credit card so you will not be charged following a free trial
If you want to take the headache out of visiting the PA DMV, use DoNotPay today and have your appointment scheduled for you quickly and easily.