How to Request a Discover Chargeback
Discover is a financial services company that offers everything from credit cards to loans to online banking. While you surely use your Discover financial products carefully, there may come a time when you find a charge on your credit card that you feel is in error. If that should occur, you'd want to request a chargeback from Discover. A chargeback refers to the credit card company providing a credit to your account for the erroneous charge.
Requesting a chargeback can often be a pain. The good news, though, is that DoNotPay can make the process much simpler.
How to Request a Chargeback Directly from Discover?
If you see a charge on your Discover account that you didn 't make, you are charged an incorrect amount, or you receive faulty goods or services, it's always best to begin your dispute with the merchant itself. Often, they will fix the mistake and offer a refund once they are made aware of the problem.
If the merchant refuses to issue a chargeback, however, you can also take the issue directly to Discover. While the issue is under investigation, the FTC gives you the right to withhold payment on the portion of your bill that is under dispute. Discover expects customers to dispute any charges on their account within 60 days of the date it was made.
|Online||To request a Discover chargeback online:
1. Log into your Discover account.
2. Go to the Activity and Statement page and click on the transaction you wish to dispute.
3. Select the "Dispute Charge" link.
4. If you have documentation to support your case, you can submit it through the Disputes page by expanding the "Upload Documents" section. Supporting documentation may include delivery confirmation of returned items, copies of correspondence between you and the merchant, or confirmation emails relating to cancellations, for example. Note that photos of merchandise cannot be accepted as evidence.
|By Mail||You can also dispute a Discover charge in writing by sending a letter to Customer Service at P.O. Box 30945, Salt Lake City, UT 84130-0945.|
|By Phone||To dispute a charge on your Discover account by phone, call 1-800-DISCOVER (1-800-347-2683).|
How Does the Discover Chargeback Investigation Process Work?
After you've submitted your dispute, Discover will do the following:
- Contact the merchant
- Review the information that you provided
- Review the information provided by the merchant
- Communicate with you regarding the status of your dispute through the Disputes page on your account
- Send a communication with the final results of the investigation at the end of the process
How Long Will It Take for a Discover Chargeback to Appear on My Account?
According to Discover, disputes generally tend to take 30 to 60 days to be resolved. If the dispute is complex, however, it may take more time for you to receive your refund.
How to Request a Discover Chargeback Using DoNotPay?
While contacting Discover directly is one option that you have when you want to dispute a transaction on your Discover card, you also have another option for someone to handle the process on your behalf: DoNotPay.
DoNotPay takes the hassle out of requesting a chargeback by handling the process for you. To request your Discover chargeback using DoNotPay, simply do the following:
1. Log into DoNotPay and head to "Chargeback Instantly." This section allows you to dispute a transaction with nearly any financial institution.
2. Indicate that you are disputing a credit card transaction with Discover.
3. Indicate all the relevant information about the charge. Who was the merchant? When did the charge in question occur? How much was it for? Make sure you have all this information handy before beginning the process to keep your time with DoNotPay as efficient as possible.
4. Explain in detail the evidence that you have regarding the dispute. What is your history with this merchant? How have you already communicated with them about this issue, if at all? What were the results of those conversations? These are the sorts of questions you will want to be able to answer here.
5. Verify and submit. Once you're sure your information is correct, you're good to go. DoNotPay will take it from there, freeing you up from the hassle of continuing to deal with Discover directly. Or if you prefer, DoNotPay can provide you with prefilled paperwork that you can submit to Discover yourself.
How Else Can DoNotPay Help?
If a company declines to issue a refund, use DoNotPay to get a chargeback on the transaction. We can help with chargebacks such as
- Zelle chargeback
- Cash app refund
- Vanilla gift card refund
- Amazon refund without return
- Doordash refund
- Lyft refund
- PayPal friends and family refund
DoNotPay provides a wide range of services for the consumer who needs assistance with various sorts of small claims. In addition to providing help with chargebacks, DoNotPay can also:
- Provide burner phone numbers for verification and authentication purposes when you don't want to provide your actual phone number.
- Obtain refunds for plane tickets.
- Obtain refunds for unused memberships and other services.
- Provide virtual credit cards to enhance your security when you're making online purchases.
If you find yourself in any of these sorts of minor financial disputes, or if you're simply trying to increase your security around financial transactions, DoNotPay is here to help.