The Most Efficient Way to Request a Cengage Unlimited Refund
Cengage is an education platform dedicated to students with higher education. It offers digital and paper books, manuals, and coursewares.
With Cengage’s digital subscription—Cengage Unlimited—users have access to the complete library that offers more than 14,000 online textbooks, courses, and various study tools.
If you’re wondering how to request a refund for the Unlimited subscription or any other Cengage service, keep on reading.
How to Refund Cengage Unlimited With DoNotPay
Requesting a refund for Cengage products and services can be complicated because the process is different for each product.
If you want to avoid navigating the Cengage website trying to find how to request a refund by yourself, you can rely on DoNotPay. We will make sure you finalize your request in a matter of minutes.
Here’s how to request a Cengage Unlimited refund with DoNotPay:
- Log in to your DoNotPay account from a web browser
- Scroll down and find the “Chargeback Instantly” option
- Click on “Get Protected”
- Answer all of the chatbot’s questions
- Select “Sign and Submit”
Your refund request will be automatically sent to your bank. Rest assured that DoNotPay will do everything that’s requested by the Fair Credit Billing Act, including sending Visa and Mastercard “laws/codes,” providing evidence, contacting the merchant, etc.
How to Get a Cengage Refund by Yourself
You can request a refund from Cengage on your own in a few ways:
Can You Request a Refund Via
Yes / No
How to Request a Cengage Refund Through Their Website
The process of returning the goods and requesting a chargeback from Cengage will depend on the product or service you bought. Requesting a refund through the website is available only for:
- Cengage Unlimited
- Print rentals
Cengage Unlimited Subscription Refund Request
To get a refund for Cengage Unlimited, you should cancel the service in the first three days after purchasing it. Here’s how:
- Sign in to your Cengage Student Dashboard
- Click your name in the sidebar
- Go to “My Subscriptions”
- Choose “Cancel”
Cengage MindTap Refund Request
If you’ve purchased MindTap, but you want to drop a class and get a refund, here’s how you can do it:
- Sign in to your Cengage Student Dashboard
- Go to “My Orders”
- Find the order you want refunded and click “Refund Request”
- Choose the reason behind your refund request in the “Platform/Service” section
- Type in the order number and ISBN if needed
- Provide the company with additional comments in the “Description” section
- Click on “Submit”
You’ll receive your case ID that you should save if you need to get in touch with the customer service reps regarding the refund.
Cengage Print Rentals Refund Request
To receive a refund for print rentals, you need to cancel the rental online and return the products in the first 30 days. Request your refund for print rentals by following these steps:
- Access your Cengage account
- Go to “My Rentals”
- Select the rental you want to cancel
- Click on “Cancel”
- Select the reason why you want to cancel
- Click on “Print Label”
- Pack your rental product and include the UPS label
- Bring the package to the closest UPS drop-off location
It’s crucial to include the UPS label if you want to receive a refund.
How to Request a Cengage Refund Over the Phone
To request a refund for any other Cengage service or opened and damaged products, dial 800-354-9706 and talk it over with the customer support reps.
DoNotPay can help you get in touch with Cengage customer care agents in no time by holding the line for you and notifying you as soon as someone picks up the phone.
We can also help you contact many other companies, such as:
What You Should Know About the Cengage Refund Policy
The honest answer is that Cengage has a complicated refund policy because the company has different conditions for different services and materials you purchase.
Cengage Unlimited Refund Policy
You’re eligible for a refund if you unsubscribe from your Cengage Unlimited membership in the first three days after purchasing it.
To be eligible for a print rental Cengage refund, you should request it in the first 30 days after the purchase.
Access Codes Refund Policy
Some products on Cengage’s offer have a grace period, and you will be eligible for a refund only if you request it during the grace period. Those products are:
- 4LTR Press Online
You can request a refund within 14 days after the purchase of the products that don’t have a grace period. Another condition is that you haven’t already received a refund for that same product.
Cengage eBook Refund
If you want to request a Cengage ebook refund, you should fulfill these three conditions:
- You have read or printed less than 10% of the text
- You are requesting a refund within 14 days of purchase
- You haven’t been refunded for the same title in the past
Print Textbooks and Physical Media
You need to return these products in the perfect condition, in the original packaging, and with the intact seal if you want to request a refund. If the packaging or the product is damaged, you should contact the customer support first and follow their directions.
Send the product to:
10650 Toebben Dr.
Independence, KY 41051
You will have to pay the charges for return shipping.
How to Check the Status of Your Cengage Refund Request
You can check the status of your refund request on the support page or by contacting their customer support at 800-354-9706.
How Long Will It Take to Receive Cengage Refunds
Users usually receive a refund three weeks after requesting it, but it sometimes takes longer than that. You can always contact the Cengage customer service and ask when you can expect to receive your money back.
Potential Issues When Requesting Your Cengage Refund
The most annoying issue would be the confusion when trying to determine which refund request method to use. That’s why DoNotPay is the best and the simplest solution.
Two other problems are:
- Lack of transparency when it comes to the form of refund payment
- Overly strict rules regarding print textbooks and physical media packaging condition that needs to be perfect if you want to request a refund. Even though you can call Cengage customer support and give them the heads up, it’s still not guaranteed that you’ll be eligible for a refund once the package is opened.
Count on DoNotPay to Help You With Other Bothersome Problems
Make sure to rely on DoNotPay when you want to solve various administrative issues fast and easy. After you log in to your account from a web browser you can count on DoNotPay to help you:
- Solve credit card issues
- Cancel unwanted subscriptions or memberships
- Dispute parking tickets
- Get revenge on robocalls
- Get in touch with customer service reps effortlessly
- Fight speeding tickets
- Sue all companies and individuals in small claims court
- Make a DMV appointment fast and easy
- Handle bills you are unable to pay
- Get compensation for delayed or canceled flights
- Contest traffic tickets
- Get rid of spam mail forever
- Protect yourself from stalking and harassment
- Sign up for free trials risk-free
- Get refunds from any company