Fitness Pals With Downsides—How To Cancel MyFitnessPal Using DoNotPay
MyFitnessPal is a smartphone app that helps users track their diet and fitness progress. While it doesn’t always keep people running on treadmills, it does keep running up their bill. The company is notorious for making it difficult to cancel their premium subscription. Their business dealings sometimes alienate users, who get charged even after canceling the app.
DoNotPay knows how to deal with companies that won’t let you cancel. We can help you cancel any subscription and walk away without being billed again. Use our Find Hidden Money feature to get rid of MyFitnessPal Premium within minutes.
How To Cancel MyFitnessPal on Your Own
The MyFitnessPal app is available on iOS and Android devices, each of which has different policies when it comes to canceling an app subscription. You can cancel the MyFitnessPal Premium auto-renew feature through these channels:
- Google Play Store
- Web browser
Cancel MyFitnessPal on iOS
All iTunes purchases are handled by the platform, so there’s no need to contact MyFitnessPal. To cancel on iOS, follow these steps:
- Open the Settings tab on your device
- Tap iTunes & App Store
- Hit your Apple ID and then tap View Apple ID
- Press Manage
- Disable auto-renew for MyFitnessPal
Keep in mind that users have been charged even after canceling on the iTunes store. Contacting the company seldom works unless you start threatening chargebacks. You can use DoNotPay’s Find Hidden Money feature to cancel the subscription for good.
Cancel MyFitnessPal on Android
The Google Play Store manages subscriptions purchased on Android devices. Here’s how you cancel MyFitnessPal:
- Open the Play Store menu
- Go to Subscriptions and select MyFitnessPal
- Press Cancel Subscription at the bottom
Cancel MyFitnessPal in a Web Browser
You can also manage your subscription through the MyFitnessPal website. Follow these steps to cancel:
- Log in to your MyFitnessPal account
- Navigate to My Home and select Premium
- Click on Subscription Settings
- Opt-out of premium by switching to Off on the auto-renewal menu
Here’s an overview of the different methods you can use to cancel MyFitnessPal:
|Can I Cancel With||Yes/No|
|Google Play Store||Yes|
Does the MyFitnessPal Premium Free Trial Auto-Renew?
If you signed up for the app’s free trial, you should know that it will auto-renew into a paid subscription. To avoid being charged after the trial, make sure you cancel at least 72 hours before the start of the next billing period.
The company claims you should cancel 24 hours beforehand but mentions elsewhere that requests may take up to three days to process.
You can avoid risking your money on free trial auto-renewals by using DoNotPay’s virtual credit card generator. It works by creating a card that will work during the signup process, even though it doesn’t contain any funds. Once the free trial is over, you don’t have to worry about being charged.
Feel the Burn With Other Fitness Apps
Once you’ve shaken your MyFitnessPal subscription, you can start looking for a replacement to help track your fitness routine and diet. The good news is that there are plenty of alternatives to choose from. Take a look at these examples and see if they fit your needs better than MyFitnessPal:
|Fitocracy||$4.99 per month||
|Jefit||$39.99 per year||
Does MyFitnessPal Offer Prorated Refunds?
After canceling MyFitnessPal Premium, you will not receive a refund for unused time in the subscription. You may continue using the app until the next billing period. If you cancel a free trial, you can’t continue using the subscription.
Use DoNotPay To Cancel MyFitnessPal Asap
To avoid having to check repeatedly if MyFitnessPal has canceled your account, use DoNotPay to terminate your subscription once and for all. When you use our app to cancel a subscription, you can be sure that they won’t send you any bills afterward. Here’s how you cancel using DoNotPay:
- Access our app from your web browser
- Switch to the Find Hidden Money tab
- Type in MyFitnessPal in the text box
DoNotPay will take care of everything else. We’ll cancel the subscription and inform you once the process is finalized.
If you’re wondering whether you have unused paid subscriptions that you aren’t aware of, connect your email or bank account to our app. We’ll show you a list of the services you pay for and let you cancel them on the spot.
DoNotPay Is a Problem-Solving App
Our app can make canceling any service a breeze. If you’re trying to take a break from Gold’s Gym or Planet Fitness, we’ll help you cancel their memberships from the comfort of your couch. You won’t have to worry about customer support hanging up when you try to cancel Vivint, Ready Refresh, or OrangeTheory. You can point to a subscription you no longer want—and we’ll cancel it immediately.
All of these features become available once you open our app in your web browser. Here’s a list of tasks we’ll simplify:
- Dealing with credit card issues
- Jumping the phone queue when calling customer service reps
- Fighting speeding tickets
- Getting revenge for robocalls
- Canceling various subscriptions and memberships
- Scheduling a DMV appointment with ease
- Suing others in small claims court
- Dealing with bills you can’t pay
- Contesting parking tickets
- Disputing traffic tickets
- Getting refunds from any company
- Freeing yourself from spam emails
- Getting in touch with loved ones in prison
- Signing up for services without phone verification
- Finding unclaimed funds under your name in any state
- Signing up for free trials without risk
- Protecting yourself from stalking and harassment
- Applying for clinical trials
- Protecting your work against copyright infringement
- Getting refunds and compensation for delayed or canceled flights
- Avoiding spam text messages