How To Cancel HostGator Stress-Free
HostGator is a Houston-based company founded in 2002. They offer a variety of services to their 800,000 users in over 200 countries. Some of them are:
- Web hosting
- VPN hosting
- Reseller hosting
If you’re not happy with the company’s services, we’ll show you the most efficient method to cancel HostGator.
With three plans to choose from, it’s easy to find something that fits your needs. It’s also super-simple to sign up for a service you don’t like and end up paying for it anyway. Why? HostGator auto-renews your plans, which means that once you subscribe, the company will keep charging your account each month.
You can turn off the auto-renewal in the My Account tab on the Customer Portal, but why bother? If you do not like the service, DoNotPay can cancel it for you in minutes with minimal effort on your part.
Save your precious time and energy—let DoNotPay handle the mess of cancellation for you in no time at all. Here’s all we need you to do before you leave the matter in our hands:
- Sign up for DoNotPay
- Click on Find Hidden Money
- Choose Manage Subscriptions
- Enter HostGator as the service you wish us to cancel
We will initiate the termination process immediately and inform you via email once it’s done.
DoNotPay helps you keep all your subscriptions in check! Connect your email or bank account to DoNotPay, and we will scan all your subscriptions and suggest canceling the ones you don’t use.
Here are some subscriptions you might consider canceling:
If you don’t want to go with DoNotPay, you can pick a longer path. All packages share the same cancellation procedure except the Optimized WordPress Blog package.
Here is an overview of all the ways you can cancel HostGator:
|Can You Cancel Hostgator Via||Yes/No|
Canceling HostGator on their website can be confusing and time-consuming, but if you decide to do so on your own, these are the steps to take:
- Visit HostGator
- Log in to your Customer Portal
- Select Hosting from the menu on the left
- Find the package you want to cancel in the Hosting Packages section
- Click on Manage
- Click the Cancel Package button in the Billing tab
- Submit the Cancelation Form as written proof of your decision to cancel—HostGator will not cancel your package without this form
- Check the I give permission to terminate the plan above on the scheduled renewal date checkbox
- Click Cancel Package
The support team will email you within one hour of submitting the request to confirm they received it. They will try to verify your identity and will proceed to process your request in the following 48 hours. If you get charged again, you can call them or submit a support ticket through their LiveChat.
To cancel the WordPress Blog package, you need to:
- Sign in to the HostGator Customer Portal
- Select the Hosting tab
- Select WordPress Blog from the list of your active blogs and then choose Manage
- Opt for Delete WordPress Blog
- Mark the Yes, I give permission to delete my installation and files checkbox
- Hit the Delete Installation button
HostGator’s Terms of Service seem crystal clear, but when you want to cancel their services, things get interesting.
HostGator will continue to charge you for any registered domains even if you close your account or cancel a package.
Clients mention HostGator demanding a phone call or LiveChat to complete the cancellation. Not only do you have to call them, but no one can guarantee how much time you’ll spend waiting for someone to answer. If you mention canceling services in the LiveChat, they might disconnect you.
The company offers a 45-day money-back refund for first-time clients. To be eligible for the refund, you need to successfully cancel your account within 45 days of creating it.
For any other refunds, HostGator has sole discretion, so there are no guarantees you will get your money back.
We live in the age of the internet, so there are millions of hosting services to choose from. To help you out, we have selected a couple of alternatives to HostGator:
If you need protection from stalkers and harassers, we know what to do. Whether you want to deal with a rude or noisy neighbor or fight workplace discrimination, DoNotPay has got your back. Even spammers don’t stand a chance against our AI-powered app—both the texters and the robocallers.
If your situation takes a turn for the worse, you may need to take the issue to court. In this case, the world’s first robot lawyer swoops in to help! You can count on DoNotPay to assist you every step of the way, regardless of whether you need to take a person or a company to small claims court.
Dealing with paperwork doesn’t have to be tedious. With DoNotPay’s help, cutting through red tape is fast and easy. With a few clicks in our app, you’ll be able to:
- File insurance claims
- Fax documents online
- Submit warranty claims
- Apply for a college fee waiver with ease
- Create child travel consent forms fast
- Mail letters without going to the post office
- File a FOIA request with our guidance
- Draw up various legal documents without hiring pricey lawyers