How To Cancel BasicTalk Subscription With Zero Hassle
BasicTalk is a home phone provider introduced by Vonage in 2013. The service activation requires a Wi-Fi connection and the BasicTalk Box, which connects the router and the phone. The BasicTalk Box is the only membership plan this company offers, with a monthly fee of $9.99.
How To Cancel BasicTalk Membership With DoNotPay
You might realize that you don’t really use your membership package or that the amount paid for the monthly subscription fee could be used for other purposes.
DoNotPay has a special feature that functions as a subscription management tool, which can terminate BasicTalk membership in no time. This process doesn’t require any contact with the company—we play the role of mediator.
Here’s how starting a cancellation procedure with DoNotPay looks like:
- Open DoNotPay in your and log in to your account
- Select the Find Hidden Money category
- Put BasicTalk as the name of the service
Once you confirm your request, we will start the cancellation procedure. A confirmation email will be sent to you as soon as the process is completed.
Connect DoNotPay with your bank account and email address, and we will scan the list of your current subscriptions and end the ones you choose.
How To Cancel BasicTalk Membership on My Own
The only way to cancel an active BasicTalk membership is over the phone. Bear in mind that, as per Trustpilot reviews, the customer care line is usually busy, which means waiting on hold for a while. Some of the reviews also state that the reps don’t cancel the service right after the call and that the company keeps charging the users.
How To Cancel BasicTalk Over the Phone
To get in touch with a representative, follow these steps:
- Dial 1-866-382-3770
- Tell the representative you would like to cancel your BasicTalk Box package
- Provide the rep with the required personal or account details
The phone service is available on business days from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. (Eastern Time). Be aware that the representatives are trained to do everything in their power to deter you from canceling the service. This means that you might need a lot of patience and persistence.
|Can You Cancel With||Yes/No|
Can I Pause My BasicTalk Box Membership Instead of Canceling It?
BasicTalk doesn’t offer the possibility of pausing the membership plan. If you decide to stop it, permanent cancellation is the only available option.
The Company Doesn’t Want To Cooperate? Sue Them With the Help of DoNotPay!
If BasicTalk is unresponsive and keeps billing you, you can use another DoNotPay’s handy feature that helps you take them to small claims court.
Our app is also a virtual lawyer that makes it easier for you to gather the necessary evidence for the case and assists you in suing any company that wrongs you or owes you money. DoNotPay received the American Bar Association Louis M. Brown Award for Legal Access for protecting customer rights.
What Are the Alternatives to BasicTalk?
Bearing in mind the main features BasicTalk offers, we have compiled a shortlist of solid alternatives to this service that might work better for you. See the suggestions in the following table:
Square Accounts With Various Service Providers With DoNotPay
Not happy with your TV, phone, or internet provider? DoNotPay supports you by canceling AT&T, Metro, Comcast, DirecTV, Verizon, Verizon Wireless, or Consumer Cellular subscriptions, as well as services such as Hulu, Netflix, or HBO NOW in your stead. Our practical features will enable you to report harassing phone calls or pay your cell phone bills in a hassle-free way.
You can open our app in any and start flipping through a huge base of useful articles and tips for:
- Dealing with credit card issues
- Fighting speeding tickets
- Applying for clinical trials
- Getting revenge on robocalls
- Getting refunds and compensation for delayed or canceled flights
- Jumping the phone queue when getting in touch with customer service reps
- Contesting parking tickets
- Dealing with bills you are unable to pay
- Protecting yourself from stalking and harassment
- Scheduling a DMV appointment fast and easy
- Getting refunds from companies
- Signing up for free trials risk-free
- Canceling other subscriptions or memberships
- Suing people and companies in small claims court
- Protecting your work against copyright infringement
- Disputing traffic tickets
- Getting rid of spam mail forever
- Stopping text spam