How to Cancel AT&T Service Fast?
The company is the largest landline service provider in the US, but apart from fixed phone services it offers WiFi, internet, cell phone, digital television, and pay-TV services.
DoNotPay Will Cancel Your AT&T Service With Just a Few Clicks
The AT&T website can be a nightmare, and you can get lost trying to find your way to the Cancel page. Don’t waste your time—use DoNotPay to end your subscription in minutes.
Here are the steps:
- Open DoNotPay in your web browser
- Tap Find Hidden Money
- Enter AT&T as the name of the service
- Wait for the app to confirm your service has been canceled
You can also link your email and bank account to DoNotPay to track down all your active subscriptions and cancel those you don’t use.
Alternative Approaches to Canceling AT&T Services
AT&T services can be canceled online or over the phone. The method depends on the type of service since not all of them are eligible for online cancelation.
Can You Cancel With
Yes / No
Cancel AT&T Over the Phone
All AT&T service subscriptions are eligible for withdrawal over the phone, as long as the account owner makes the call.
If you choose this method, make sure to prepare the following first:
- Personal identification number
- Account number
- Info on the type of service you want to cancel—if you are using different AT&T services you might not want to cancel all of them
You can reach AT&T customer service at 1-800-288-2020 or 1-800-331-0500.
Cancel AT&T Online
Residential DSL High-Speed Internet and Traditional Home Phone are the only two services that can be canceled via online form.
Here is how to do it:
- Go to the AT&T website
- Click Support in the top menu
- Scroll down and click on the Bill & Account box
- Pick the Move, Change, Suspend and Cancel Service box
- Click on the Cancel and Suspend option when the textbox expands
- Go to the Solution option under the Cancel Your Service heading
- Scroll down and click Show More
- Click on Submit an Online Cancel Request link
- Log in and submit your cancel request once you are taken to your Account page
Can You Get a Prorated Refund from AT&T?
As of January 14th, 2019, the company is not granting prorated refunds for the following services:
- U-verse TV
- AT&T Phone
- AT&T Internet
- Fixed Wireless Internet
When you cancel any other wireless service with the company, which may also include the purchase of a device, you will have to pay the Early Termination Fee. The total amount of the fee will depend on the type of service you are canceling and the time you have remaining based on your service commitment.
Is There Auto-Renewal for the AT&T Service?
It depends on the contract and the payment options. If you have a yearly contract, your subscription will be auto-renewed each month. Your card won’t be auto-charged unless you choose the Auto-Pay option.
Can You Suspend Your AT&T Subscription?
You may suspend your service temporarily, but there might be a fee associated with it:
Reason for Suspension:
Fee for Suspension?
|Natural disaster relief||
Does AT&T Offer Free Trials?
AT&T does offer a 14-day free trial which, if you are not happy with the service, you can just cancel without any fees. If you forget to cancel, your account will be charged for your chosen package’s full amount.
Our Virtual Credit Card Manages Your Free Trials for You
With DoNotPay’s virtual credit card, you can sign up for AT&T or any other free trial knowing that your card won’t get charged if you forget to cancel it. The app generates a random credit card number and related info that you can use as your payment method. If anyone tries to charge the card, they will fail since there is no money source connected to it.
If AT&T Is Being Difficult, DoNotPay Can Help You Sue Them!
DoNotPay is the first robot lawyer in the world and has been acknowledged by the American Bar Association Louis M. Brown Award for Legal Access.
If AT&T is non-responsive and you have trouble getting through to them, you can use our app to sue AT&T in small claims court.
Just access DoNotPay from your web browser, and let us guide you through this process.
DoNotPay—Pocket-Sized Virtual Helper
DoNotPay is the ultimate virtual assistant for helping you deal with various day-to-day tasks. We can help you take on anything—paying bills, reporting cyber harassment, stopping spam emails, or dealing with robocalls.
Open DoNotPay in your web browser and check some of the tasks we help you with:
- Contesting parking tickets
- Skipping the phone queue with customer service
- Fighting speeding tickets
- Managing credit card issues
- Getting refunds from robocalls
- Suing anyone in small claims court
- Booking a DMV appointment date fast
- Getting compensation from airlines
- Protecting yourself from stalking and harassment
- Getting refunds from merchants
- Disputing traffic tickets
- Handling bills that are too high
- Blocking spam emails
- Dropping different subscriptions or memberships