DoNotPay Offers a Better Way To Get a BetterHelp Refund
BetterHelp is the online counseling platform focused on mental health and therapy. It matches its users with licensed therapists and counselors and enables private sessions through web-based interaction, including phone and text communication.
They have counselors specialized in specific issues, including but not limited to:
- Sleeping disorders
- LGBT matters
- Family conflicts
BetterHelp was founded in 2013 by Alon Mattas and acquired by Teladoc, Inc. in 2015.
BetterHelp Refund Policy Explained
If you encounter an issue with payments sent to BetterHelp or think that you’re not getting the right value for your money, a refund request is the first weapon in your arsenal. Evaluating results and client satisfaction with therapy sessions is not an exact and easy task, which might explain why BetterHelp’s refund policy in their Terms and Conditions is rather vague.
Refund requests and other concerns involving bills and payments are resolved on a case-by-case basis. The possible solutions presented in the document include:
- Providing you with a new counselor
- Extending the subscription at no extra cost
- Issuing partial or full refunds when applicable
The specifics of situations to which refunds apply are not stated, but multiple Reddit reports state that refunds were issued upon cancellation of their BetterHelp accounts, with varying degrees of satisfaction.
How To Ask for a Refund From BetterHelp
As stated in BetterHelp’s Terms and Conditions, the best way to initiate your refund request is by email. Due to the obscurities of their refund policy, you might want to check other ways to contact their customer service and ensure that you can get your money back:
Can you request a refund via
Yes / No
Request a BetterHelp Refund in an Email
The official email address of BetterHelp’s customer service is email@example.com. If you want to request your money back using this communication channel, make sure to state your intentions clearly, and provide all required information upfront to reduce the email traffic. Include your contact info and the profile number, which will help representatives locate your account and resolve the issue faster.
Request a BetterHelp Refund Over the Phone
Emails can be easily ignored, and customer support representatives take too long to answer them. In case you want things handled faster, the better way to contact BetterHelp is by phone:
- Prepare your account information in advance
- Dial 888-688-9296
- Use DoNotPay to avoid long waiting times when contacting any customer service
- Have a chat with an agent and request a refund
The business hours of the BetterHelp customer support center are not stated online. You can try ringing them up several times during the regular business hours on a workday.
Request a BetterHelp Refund Online
Another possibility to get in touch with BetterHelp’s customer service is to fill out a contact form on their website:
- Include your name and email address
- Type a message requesting a refund
- Pick I have a billing-related question under Type of contact
- Click on Submit when you’re done
The answer from customer support should go directly to your email inbox.
Request a BetterHelp Refund in a Letter
Although requesting refunds via snail mail usually takes the longest, you can contact BetterHelp by sending them a refund request in a letter. Their physical address is 990 Villa Street,
Mountain View, CA 94041.
When you finish writing your refund request, make sure to send it via certified mail so that you have proof that it was mailed. We recommend making a copy of your letter so it can serve as evidence if the situation escalates.
Potential Issues With BetterHelp Refunds
Many Reddit users claim that their experiences with BetterHelp refunds were not the best. One of them had their profile deleted upon requesting the money back and didn’t receive a refund until they filed a dispute with PayPal.
Since this company doesn’t seem to be too eager to part with your money, even when they do wrong, you can use DoNotPay to avoid wasting time on conversations with customer service that lead nowhere.
How To Get a BetterHelp Refund With DoNotPay
If you’re not satisfied with the service, you should get your money back—that’s what DoNotPay stands for. Our mission is to fight the unwarranted charges and companies with obscure or no-refund policies.
In 1974, the Fair Credit Billing Act was introduced, allowing customers to dispute credit card charges 60 days after the purchase. DoNotPay incorporated its legacy into our method for requesting refunds with no fuss:
- Create your DoNotPay account in a web browser
- Select Chargeback Instantly when you log in
- Answer several questions about your bank and the charge you want to dispute
- Verify your identity and sign the dispute request
As soon as you click on that Submit button, DoNotPay will create a custom-made dispute letter and forward it to your bank. You can focus your attention elsewhere and wait for the resolution. If there is a need for additional support to your claim, our app will provide you with a compendium of relevant Visa and MasterCard codes and regulations that work in your favor.
If Push Comes to Shove, Sue BetterHelp With DoNotPay
In case BetterHelp proves to be too adamant about withholding your funds, DoNotPay won’t leave you helpless. When you decide to take your case to small claims court, our app will provide invaluable help every step of the way.
If you’re skeptical about the prowess of an AI lawyer bot, you should know that our app received the Louis M. Brown Award for Legal Access, awarded by the American Bar Association.
The features available with DoNotPay that will make all the difference when you make a court appearance include:
- Letter addressed to BetterHelp which proves you attempted to settle the dispute out of court
- Properly prepared and organized paperwork
- The script that you can use when you appear in front of a judge
Bureaucracy Ruining Your Day? Let DoNotPay Handle It!
Fighting administration without proper knowledge and expertise can be difficult. You might have given up on exercising your rights in the past because it entailed expensive legal assistance. You won’t have to do it anymore because the world’s first robot lawyer is ready and available.
DoNotPay will help you save money by securing refunds from companies like Disney and FedEx or canceling unnecessary subscriptions like Streamlabs and DirecTV. Managing your finances will be easier when you use DoNotPay to lower that cable bill and your monthly gas expenses.
Access our tools for fighting various bureaucratic issues from any web browser. Once you log in, you will learn how to:
- Cancel subscriptions or memberships
- Challenge traffic tickets
- Reduce the waiting time when contacting customer service centers
- Fight speeding tickets
- Schedule a DMV appointment fast and easy
- Serve revenge to robocall scammers
- File lawsuits against people and companies in small claims court
- Sign up for free trials risk-free
- Protecting your work against copyright infringement
- Get compensation or refunds for delayed or canceled flights
- Contest parking tickets
- Find a way to pay bills that are too high
- Protect yourself from stalking and harassment
- Get refunds from other companies
- Solve credit card issues
- Stop dangerous spam mail for good
- Put an end to text spam
- Applying for clinical trials