Quick Steps to Getting an ASOS Refund
ASOS is a British fashion and cosmetics retail company, selling mainly online. The name is an acronym for As Seen On Screen, but what if something you bought from ASOS doesn’t fit the description? You are entitled to return the item and get a refund.
ASOS has a clear return and refund policy—we’ll guide you through it so that you can get your money back in no time.
ASOS Refund Policy
At ASOS, refunds go hand in hand with returns. You have to return your purchased items to get a refund.
Condition of the Purchased Products
When it comes to returning products that don’t fit you, you don’t like, or you don’t want to keep, there are certain rules you should follow. If you want to get a refund from ASOS, you shouldn’t:
- Tear the protective seal or label on the products
- Open face and body products
- Wear underwear and swimwear
- Remove or break the jewelry’s seal
- Damage purchased items in any way
What if the item was faulty to begin with? You can still return it, but make sure to note “faulty” as your reason for the return. ASOS inspects every item upon return and will check whether the was actually faulty or worn and damaged.
ASOS Return Time
There are some time limits to take into account when you want to request a refund from ASOS. Depending on when you return the item, you will have different rights to a refund. You should know that the number of days below refers to the time period after the items have been delivered back to ASOS:
|When You Return the Item||What Will Happen|
|Within 28 days||You’ll get a full refund from ASOS|
|Between 29 and 45 days||ASOS will give you a gift voucher for the value|
|Didn’t return the item||Contact ASOS Customer support so that they can determine whether you qualify for a refund|
|After 45 days||ASOS may send the return package back to you and charge you for the delivery|
ASOS Gift Vouchers
If you send back the products you bought in the period between 29 and 45 days of the delivery, ASOS will give you a gift voucher. The voucher will be available on your account, so you can use it when you make your next purchase. Check the Gift Cards & Vouchers section once you sign in to your account.
ASOS Refund Time
You returned purchased items to ASOS in the appropriate time frame. When can you expect to receive your ASOS refund?
ASOS will inform you via email that it has received your returned items and then issue a refund. ASOS usually refunds its customers in 10 to 14 days.
Does ASOS Offer Exchanges Instead of Refunds?
No, it does not. Let’s say that you bought a piece of clothing, and it doesn’t fit—you cannot exchange it for a different size or color. ASOS exchanges are never possible. You have to request a refund and return the item. Then you can buy something else that might fit you better.
How To Return Something You Bought From ASOS
Getting your ASOS products and realizing you don’t like them can be annoying enough. On top of that, you have to return them to get your money back.
Considering that ASOS is a British company, if you are returning items from the U.S., the following rules for international returns apply to you.
You have received a returns note with your delivered goods, so make sure you don’t throw it away. If you have lost it somehow, you can download a new one from the ASOS website—scroll down and click on Download Returns.
Once you have your returns paper, here’s what you need to do:
- List the products you bought
- Choose one of the reason codes offered and write it down
- Take the printed label from the returns note and attach it to your return package
- Make sure you attach the form to the parcel
- Send the package via your local UPS
- Keep the proof of postage
- Wait for the confirmation email
If you want to return more than one order, you can send them back separately, and each parcel should have its own returns form filled out.
Did ASOS Forget About You?
If you haven’t heard from ASOS in a while, and you want to check on your return delivery, you can contact the company in the following ways:
- Phone: 0207 756 1000 (UK only)
ASOS doesn't have a large call center and only offers a British phone number, so it’s best to reach the company via other suggested channels.
If you still prefer talking on the phone, but you don’t want to spend hours waiting to be patched through, we’ve got you covered! DoNotPay helps people jump the phone queue and get things done faster. Check out how we did it for Zara customers.
DoNotPay Can Help You Get Your ASOS Refund
In case ASOS takes a lot of time to confirm your return or refund you, we can put things in motion! DoNotPay helps people request a refund in two minutes or less, no matter how small or big the company is. We have helped people get their money back from Etsy, Grailed, and Fashion Nova.
Here’s how you can request a refund with DoNotPay:
- Open DoNotPay in any web browser
- Select Chargeback Instantly and click on Get Protected
- Fill in your personal details and payment information
- Answer a few questions so we can build your case
- Confirm the request
DoNotPay will contact your bank at the drop of a hat! We can also contact ASOS if you wish to bolster your claim to get your money back.
ASOS Items Don't Fit Like a Glove? Here Are Some Alternatives!
If you want to try out other online stores and different brands, check out some of the options below:
DoNotPay Has More Solutions In-Store—Try Them On for Size!
Now that you know how easy it is to solve problems with your virtual assistant—DoNotPay—you can check out some other issues we can deal with on your behalf. We can help you cancel your ThreadBeast, Fabletics, or Stitch Fix subscription.
All you have to do is visit DoNotPay in a web browser and let us take care of business, such as:
- Disputing your parking tickets
- Dealing with bills you cannot pay
- Keeping you safe from stalking and harassment
- Handling your speeding tickets
- Getting back at annoying robocalls
- Solving your credit card issues
- Demanding refunds and compensation for delayed or canceled flights
- Canceling your subscriptions or memberships
- Suing companies or people in small claims court
- Making a DMV appointment quickly
- Stopping text spam
- Getting in touch with your incarcerated loved ones
- Applying for clinical trials near you
- Fighting your traffic tickets
- Jumping the phone queue when waiting to talk to customer services
- Protecting your work against copyright infringement
- Claiming refunds from other companies
- Starting free trials with no risks
- Helping you free yourself from spam mail forever