Leave Ancestry.com in the Past! Get an Ancestry Refund With DoNotPay!
Ancestry is a genealogical and historical records platform offering DNA testing to its three million subscribers and allowing them to access the world's largest online genealogy database.
The service is subscription-based and lets you choose between several plans, but it is also known for being quite expensive in the long run.
If you're looking for a way to terminate your Ancestry subscription, you probably want to know how to get your money back in the process. We can help you figure that out!
What Is Included in the Ancestry Refund Policy?
Ancestry allows refunds under specific conditions, but the rules vary depending on whether you are trying to get a refund for a package you ordered or for a terminated subscription.
Can You Get an Ancestry.com Refund for a Canceled Package?
If you want to cancel the package you ordered and get a refund, you can do this within 30 days of placing your order. The amount that will be refunded depends on whether you have returned your DNA sample to AncestryDNA or not:
- If you cancel before returning a DNA sample, you will get a refund equaling the price of the package you bought reduced by $25
- If you cancel after you have returned a DNA sample, you will get a refund equaling the price of the package minus $50
Can You Get an Ancestry.com Refund for a Canceled Subscription?
Ancestry has different refund rules for different types of subscriptions. Here are the basics:
- Monthly subscriptions are non-refundable
- Prepaid subscriptions longer than a month are eligible for a full refund, as long as you cancel them within 30 days of the sign-up
- Monthly-billed subscriptions are not eligible for a refund
- Some auto-renewals can be canceled within seven days of the renewal date and you can receive a full refund. The details depend on the subscription type
- If you signed up for an Ancestry free trial and forgot to cancel it before it switched into a full subscription, you don’t qualify for a refund, but you should check your eligibility in your account
Possible Methods To Request an AncestryDNA Refund
There are several methods you can use to request a refund from Ancestry.
Can You Request a Refund Via
|Yes / No|
How To Get an Ancestry Refund Over the Phone
If you want to request a refund from Ancestry, you have to get in touch with the Ancestry Support team. One of the methods to do this is making a phone call.
You can contact the Support team at 1-800-615-6560, every day from 9 a.m. to 11 p.m.
How To Get an Ancestry Refund Via Live Chat
This is another option to get in touch with the Ancestry support team.
To reach an agent via Live Chat follow these steps:
- Go to the Ancestry website
- Scroll down until you reach the footer
- Click on the Support Center link
- Scroll down until you reach the Support section with six circles
- Click on the Ancestry Account circle
- Scroll down and click on the Contact Us button
- Click Ancestry Account
- Click Chat With Us
- Provide the chatbot with your name and email
- Follow the prompts to request a refund
How To Get an Ancestry Refund by Sending an Email
You can also try contacting customer support via email.
You can send your refund request, together with the proof of the purchase and reason for canceling an order or a subscription to email@example.com.
How To Get an Ancestry Refund on the Company Website
Most Ancestry plans can be canceled online. If your subscription is eligible for a refund, it will be issued automatically as soon as your account is canceled. The funds will be sent to your original payment method.
To cancel your account and get a refund, follow these steps:
- Go to the Ancestry website
- Click Sign In in the top right corner
- Select Cancel membership in your Membership section
- Select a cancellation reason from the bottom of the page
- Click Continue
- Click Cancel My Membership at the bottom of the next page
If you are eligible for a refund, your membership will discontinue immediately and you will get your money back. You will also get a confirmation email from Ancestry.
If you are looking for a simpler way to terminate your account, DoNotPay will help you cancel Ancestry in a few clicks.
How To Get an Ancestry Refund With DoNotPay
As the first robot lawyer in the world, DoNotPay is specialized in managing chargebacks and can help you dispute charges from Ancestry.
Here is how to do it:
- Access DoNotPay from your web browser
- Tap the Chargeback Instantly feature
- Provide your bank details to our chatbot
- Type in Ancestry as the name of the merchant
- Follow the guidelines to build up your case
When you complete the steps, DoNotPay will fax a dispute letter to your bank and we can contact Ancestry and ask them for a refund on your behalf.
We will also provide you with a letter containing relevant Visa and Mastercard codes to help you build up your case.
How Long Does Ancestry Take To Process a Refund Request?
It depends on whether your refund request is automated or not.
If you cancel your account and are eligible for a refund, it will be issued automatically. The exact time when the funds will be in your account depends on your original payment method since refunds are issued to the same source of payment.
Your bank might take anywhere from ten days to a month to finalize the payment.
In case you are not eligible for an automatic refund and send your request to the Support team, it might take longer to process your request.
If you use DoNotPay, you should have access to your funds as soon as your bank disputes the charge.
How Do I Check the Status of My Ancestry.com Refund Request?
There is no method to track your request online.
If you requested an automatic refund, you should receive a confirmation email immediately.
If not, you can contact either the customer service by email or over the phone to inquire about the details. You can also check in with your bank for any pending transactions.
Free Yourself From Bureaucracy With DoNotPay!
DoNotPay is a virtual assistant that helps people tackle administrative and money-related issues.
Our app can get you a refund from Netflix, Postmates, FedEx, or any other company. We can also provide you with a virtual credit card that signs you up for free trials with no risk of automated subscriptions.
To check other tasks we can take over, access DoNotPay from your web browser!
We can help you with:
- Dealing with high bills
- Defending yourself from stalking and harassment
- Acquiring refunds from any company
- Dealing with credit card issues
- Getting refunds and compensation for delayed or canceled flights
- Disputing parking tickets
- Freeing your inbox from spam mail
- Canceling various subscriptions or memberships
- Disputing traffic tickets
- Skipping customer service phone queues
- Fighting speeding tickets
- Getting revenge on robocall scammers
- Taking people and companies to small claims court
- Booking a DMV appointment in any city
- Signing up for free trials risk-free
- Blocking spam text messages permanently