How You Can Get a Postmates Refund in Just a Few Minutes
Postmates is a U.S. delivery service that cooperates with restaurants to provide on-demand meals to millions of subscribers. It operates in over three thousand cities across America. The Postmates application can also be used to deliver groceries and alcohol from specific retailers. The service uses GPS and inventory tracking to better match supply with customer demand.
Postmates Unlimited is a subscription service that the company offers to its users. Members who use Unlimited receive free delivery from all Postmates merchants.
There are many reasons why you might want to request a refund on a Postmates order. If the delivery is wrong or doesn’t include all the food you’ve ordered, you should get your money back. The service has occasionally made the mistake of overcharging customers, which is just another reason to brush up on their refund policy and consider canceling Postmates.
What Is the Postmates Refund Policy?
The Postmates refund policy states that all orders are non-refundable. The company allows for compensation in certain situations. When food is incorrectly delivered or includes contaminants, the delivery service will compensate the customer. Most of the time, the customer will receive the correct order later on or get Postmates credit points that they can use in the app.
Get a Postmates Refund Hassle-Free With the DoNotPay App
The most straightforward way to get a refund from Postmates is to use DoNotPay. You shouldn’t bother waiting for a reply from the delivery service when our handy robot lawyer app can take care of the issue within minutes. To get started, open DoNotPay in your web browser. From here, request your refund by following these steps:
- Sign in, scroll down to the Chargeback Instantly option, and click Get Protected
- Confirm your identity and the payment option used for your Postmates order
- Answer the prompts and confirm that you want to continue with the chargeback
- Enter your digital signature and submit
Once you’ve sent your chargeback request, the app will fax it directly to your bank. The request is accompanied by examples of Visa and Mastercard codes that will bolster your case. If you want DoNotPay to go the extra mile, it can also contact the merchant on your behalf to further build evidence for the chargeback.
Issues You Could Run Into When Requesting a Postmates Refund
Every delivery service will have an occasional problem with orders. Postmates has over five hundred thousand fleet members and works with thousands of restaurants. Mistakes are to be expected, but the service often refuses to refund customers.
Should customers be overcharged or receive inadequate deliveries, they have the right to demand a refund. The Fair Credit Billing Act gives users protection during disputes and allows them to challenge charges made to their accounts.
Requesting a chargeback or refund can be a time-consuming process. Use DoNotPay to simplify it and get yourself a timely refund.
How to Request a Postmates Refund on Your Own
When you cancel an order before it’s been processed with the restaurant, it will grant you a full refund most of the time. If some time has passed, the charges might not be waived. In this case, you should request a refund manually.
Depending on whether you installed the Postmates app on PC, Android, or iOS, you have to take different steps to request a refund. You can ask for a refund using:
- Your PC
- The Android app
- The iOS app
Request a Postmates Refund on PC
If you made your order on PC and want to get a refund, you should:
- Go to the Postmates website
- Click on your avatar in the top right corner
- Go to Deliveries and choose the order you want to refund
- Click on Contact Support
You will soon be redirected to a Postmates customer service representative. Chat with them and explain why you want a refund. The representative should be able to grant you a refund if they deem your reason justified.
Request a Postmates Refund on Android
You can also request a refund from your Android device. Here’s how you do it:
- Open the Postmates app in your device
- Go to Settings>Delivery
- Press Contact Support and choose which order you want refunded
- Pick from a list of reasons for why you would want a refund
- Tap Something Else and type out your reason
Request a Postmates Refund on iOS
To request a refund on your iPhone or iPad, you have to:
- Open the Postmates app
- Click on the clock icon, which will lead you to your order history page
- Select the order you want to be refunded
- Click on Items damaged, missing, or incorrect
- Choose one of the given reasons or type out your own in the Something Else option box
These are the different methods you can use to get a refund for your Postmates order:
Can You Request a Refund Via
How Long Will It Take for Receive a Refund From Postmates
If you manage to cancel your order before the restaurant receives it, the funds will be returned to your account instantly. Since the official policy states that refunds are given on a case-by-case basis, there’s no way to determine how long it will take before your request is processed. In most cases, users don’t receive a refund at all. To get around this, you should consider using DoNotPay’s Chargeback Instantly option, which will return your funds with little to no delay.
How to Check the Status of a Postmates Refund?
Since the delivery service seldom allows refunds, there’s no way to monitor your refund request’s status.
Other Things DoNotPay Can Help You Take Care Of
Whenever you need help with a refund, DoNotPay has your back. But this isn’t everything our handy robot lawyer app does. DoNotPay offers assistance with a wide array of tasks and nuisances. Need to take care of robocallers or online stalkers? Our app will show you how. If you want to sue Comcast for ripping you off and providing lackluster internet, DoNotPay makes the process a breeze. Whether you need assistance with legal matters or just want to block spam emails on your android device, our app can give you a walkthrough.
Open the app in your web browser and you can start using any of DoNotPay’s many helpful features. Take a look at a few of the tasks we simplify for users:
- Contesting parking tickets
- Dealing with bills you are unable to pay
- Getting revenge on robocalls
- Signing up for free trials risk-free
- Protecting yourself from stalking and harassment
- Dealing with issues with credit cards
- Canceling subscriptions or memberships
- Disputing traffic tickets
- Jumping the phone queue when getting in touch with customer service reps
- Fighting speeding tickets
- Helping you free yourself from spam mail forever
- Suing people and companies in small claims court
- Scheduling a DMV appointment fast and easy
- Getting compensation for delayed or canceled flights
- Getting refunds from other companies