Connecting With a Valley State Prison Inmate
once operated as a women's facility. Central California Women's Facility is now across the street, and Valley has been transformed into a men's institution. Though the original jail opened in 1995, the conversion to a men's unit did not occur until 2013.
When you're ready to reach out to an inmate at this facility, DoNotPay can help. We'll assist with finding the correct information for you to send your correspondence or send letters on your behalf for an easier process.
Valley State Prison Contact Information
Landon Bird became the new warden near the end of 2021. This general population facility focuses on those in Level 2 and offers Sensitive Needs Yard Placement. The Enhanced Outpatient Program also operates out of this prison building. contact information is as follows.
|Physical Address||21633 Avenue 24, Chowchilla, CA 93610|
|Phone Number||(559) 665-6100|
In-Person or Video Visitation
You have the option to attend in-person visits or see your loved one via video. Those on restrictions may only be allowed video visits, and these types of visits are also presented during times of rampant illness in the prison.
Many of the California facilities allow visiting hours between 7 am and 4 pm on weekdays and 7 am and 7 pm on weekends. However, these times may vary, and you will need to make sure to get your appointment on the schedule in advance. Send an email to VSPVideoVisiting@cdcr.ca.gov.
The above email is where you should request your visitation date and time. You can also utilize the Visitation Scheduling Application online. You will need the following for both:
- The inmate's first and last name
- The inmate's ID number
- Your first and last name
- Your date of birth
- Your ID number from your approved application, if applicable
- Your relationship to the incarcerated individual
- Your email address and phone number
How Do I Send Mail?
You can send a letter to a loved one or take part in a prison pen pal program. Either way, it's important that you have their legal first and last name and ID number, so it gets sent to the appropriate person. Address your letter to Inmate Name and ID number, P.O. Box 92 Chowchilla, CA 93610-0092.
What Are the Mail Restrictions?
You can only send basic cards and letters. You can add photographs to your envelope, but you must not submit any pictures that depict nudity, sexual acts, violence, or paraphernalia. Your letter cannot include:
- Descriptions of sexual activities, especially those that refer to bondage or violence
- Descriptions of drug use
- Descriptions of violence or threatening circumstances
- Anything deemed inappropriate by the mail inspectors
What About Packages?
You cannot send packages yourself to the inmate. However, you can make a purchase with an approved vendor and have it shipped to the inmate. The general vendor's list includes:
- 1 Stop Value Pack
- Access Securepak
- Aramark iCare
- Mike's Better Shoes
- The Vitamin Outlet
- Union Supply Direct
You can find certain snacks, clothing, personal care items, and more to send to your loved one.
The Process for Sending Money
You can send a money order to P. O. Box 94, Chowchilla, CA 93610-0094.
The inmate's name and ID number, as always, need to be included. This is the only way to ensure it gets added to the correct person's account. You never know when two people may have the same or a similar name within the facility. JPay is also an option.
DoNotPay Can Help You Reach Out
Valley State Prison allows you to send mail and communicate as long as you know the inmate's ID number. When you don't know it, let DoNotPay help you discover what it is and help you reach out to your loved one easier.
- Locate the Connect With an Inmate service on DoNotPay.
- Choose whether you want to locate a loved one, create a virtual mailbox, or send a personalized letter.
- If you want us to find your loved one, provide his or her personal details and the state they are located in. We'll then conduct a search on the appropriate state database.
- If you want to create a virtual mailbox, just provide your full name! We'll set one up for you so you can easily receive incoming mail from your loved one.
- If sending a personalized letter, tell us which facility your loved one is located in and what you would like to say to them. You can even include a photo! Your letter will be delivered automatically - just wait 10 days for it to arrive to your loved one!
DoNotPay Can Help in Many Other Ways
DoNotPay does more than help you connect with inmates at Valley State Prison and elsewhere. We also assist you with:
- Claiming a warranty on your Sony PS4 controller
- Getting documents notarized
- Removing your video from YouTube
- Appealing a banned account decision
and much more!