How to Get Your Treasure Island Resort Fee Waived Easily
Treasure Island Las Vegas Hotel & Casino is an award-winning resort located on the world-famous Las Vegas Strip in Nevada. Featuring convenient pedestrian bridge access to the Grand Canal Shoppes and Fashion Show Mall, this Radisson Hotel has much to offer any Vegas vacationer, including restaurants, cocktail lounges, a full spa, fitness center, swimming pool and cabanas, the interactive Marvel Avengers S.T.A.T.I.O.N., and an on-property theater featuring Mystère by Cirque du Soleil.
But what can you do when a hotel like Treasure Island decides to mandate cumbersome resort fees and surcharges?
Resort fees have been used by hotels more frequently in recent years to charge their consumers outside the upfront booking price for additional amenities and services offered. This is called partitioned pricing, and many people view this as dishonest and deceptive business practice. If you overpaid on your recent Treasure Island Las Vegas visit, DoNotPay knows how to get your .
What Types of Fees Are Charged by Treasure Island?
Like most resorts, in Las Vegas has certain rules and regulations in place that may incur fines if violated. For example, Treasure Island is an animal-free hotel, and guests who break the rules by sneaking in a non-service animal may be subject to a cleaning fee of at least $300. This is mostly to protect their assets. Of the more common fees, there are two that are worth knowing ahead of time that is more likely to impact your stay:
- First, hotel guests will be charged additional fees starting from $30 + tax for early check-in and late check-out options.
- Secondly, a mandated $39 + tax resort fee per day applies to all bookings. Treasure Island claims this daily fee "provides hotel guests with several of the most commonly requested additional services at a package price."
What Does the Resort Fee for Treasure Island Cover?
It's hard to know exactly what this "package price" covers, because Treasure Island boasts so many of their services as free for registered guests, like valet parking and access to the pool. According to their website, the daily resort fee at Treasure Island Hotel & Casino provides guests with:
- High Speed (up to 20 Mbps) WiFi Internet Access for Unlimited Devices
- Daily Use of the Fitness Center (Thurs-Mon)
- 2-for-1 Cocktail (one per stay)
- Newspaper at Guest Services
- In-Room Local/Toll-Free Calls
- Airplane Boarding Pass Printing
- Copies & Faxes (up to 10 pages)
Is the Treasure Island Resort Fee Optional?
Treasure Island claims its resort fees are required in addition to your normal room rates and are subject to change at any time. The hotel believes there are only two kinds of eligible customers for whom the resort fees may be considered optional:
- Radisson Rewards and/or MyTI Members who book online using an exclusive TV Ad Special
- Qualified TI Players Club casino members who book on select dates
Treasure Island doesn't want its hotel guests to know that you can refuse to pay your resort fees in Las Vegas. That's because resort fees are in direct violation of Nevada's Deceptive Trade Practices Law and are therefore illegal. You are not obligated to pay Treasure Island resort fees, and although it can be difficult, you can and should refuse to pay them.
How to Ask Treasure Island Las Vegas to Waive Your Resort Fee:
Convincing management at Treasure Island to waive your resort fees can be tiresome and will require some persistence on your part. Prepare yourself ahead of time by understanding your consumer rights and learning which steps may be necessary to receive credit for these unnecessary fees. Consider the following options for pursuing a refund for your Treasure Island resort fees:
Negotiate With the Manager
Your first and perhaps easiest option when negotiating your hotel bill should be to simply ask for a resort fee waiver from the Treasure Island front desk. Speak nicely with a manager and attempt to convince them as to why you believe your resort fees should be waived. You can increase your chances of a successful negotiation with the following arguments:
- The resort fee was not disclosed during the booking, especially if you arranged your reservation over the phone or on a hotel booking site.
- The amenities, features, and facilities covered by the resort fee are unavailable, broken, or unfit for use.
- You are not able to use the amenities covered by the resort fee for some reason, such as a limiting health condition.
Dispute the Resort Fee Charge With Your Credit Card Company
If you can't get your Treasure Island resort fees waived upfront, you can dispute unnecessary and illegal resort fees with your credit card company after they have been charged. Remember that your credit card company may require proper documentation to prove that there was no exchange of services for the hotel resort fee. Remind them that resort fees are illegal in the state of Nevada.
File a Consumer Complaint
If the previous two methods fail, you can escalate the issue by filing an official consumer complaint with:
|The Nevada Attorney General's Office
|Although the Nevada Attorney General is responsible for enforcing state laws, your complaint regarding resort fees may go unnoticed due to aggressive campaigning from casino and hotel lobbyists. You may also need to file your official complaint with your home state's Attorney General's Office to receive compensation.
|The Better Business Bureau
|Filing a formal complaint with the Better Business Bureau should be your last option to collect a resort fee refund before attempting to take Treasure Island to small claims court. As a business accredited with the BBB, Treasure Island may be more likely to take your grievance seriously and acquiesce to your request to avoid a negative rating.
How to Get Treasure Island Las Vegas to Waive Your Resort Fee With DoNotPay:
The truth is, Las Vegas hotels and casinos intentionally make it difficult to waive resort fees, hoping the majority of people will get fed up and pay them without complaint. If the complicated process of disputing your Treasure Island resort fees has you about to throw in the towel, you must be thinking, "Isn't there an easier way to get rid of my resort fee?" The answer lies in the Negotiate Hotel Bill product from DoNotPay, which fully automates the entire process of drafting a refund demand letter on your behalf!
Skip wasted time arguing with a front desk manager and ditch the headache of filing complaints by lowering your hotel bill with DoNotPay. We've got you covered in 4 easy steps:
- Go to the Hotel Bill Negotiations product on DoNotPay.
- Answer a few questions about your hotel bill, which charges you want to have refunded, and the details of your reservation.
- Tell us whether this is for a past reservation or you're still at the hotel (this helps us decide whether negotiation or chargeback is a better option for your case).
- Choose whether you want us to contact the front desk or general manager (if you've already tried contacting the front desk already).
Negotiate All Your Hotel Bills With DoNotPay
Once you see how easy and effective DoNotPay's Negotiate Hotel Bill is for , you'll wonder how you didn't know about us sooner! Now you can always be armed to fight unjust fees imposed by hotels everywhere—that's because DoNotPay can help you target almost any hotel with just the click of a button.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
Want to learn how to do more than how to contest resort fees? DoNotPay is the world's first robotic lawyer that uses intelligent software to help you solve a huge assortment of everyday problems. Be sure to explore more of the helpful services and products offered by DoNotPay:
- How To Fight Unjust Parking Tickets
- How To Cancel Any Subscription or Service
- How To Create Passport Photos
- How To Create Travel Consent Forms for Minors
- How To Apply for a Tourist Visa