How to Get Your MGM Resort Fees Waived Easily
MGM is known for their superior hotels, lively casinos, and a wide array of restaurants that range from fast food to five stars. Arguably, their most notable hotel is located on the strip in Las Vegas. Every year, millions of people fly in from around the world to stay at MGM Las Vegas.
Sometimes those rooms are “comped” or “free.” But even “free” bookings usually include some resort fees at MGM. The good news is that you don’t always need to pay MGM resort fees. You can fight them on your own, or with DoNotPay.
This article covers four main points:
- Typical resort fees charged by MGM, including MGM Las Vegas
- How you can fight these fees by yourself
- How to fight them with DoNotPay
- And a few other services DoNotPay provides
Right now, you’re concerned about some unwanted charges and resort fees showing up on your credit card statement. Read on to learn how to fight and waive fees from MGM.
Typical Resort Fees Charged by MGM Resorts
Per their website, MGM Las Vegas charges “A $39 Daily Resort Fee plus applicable tax on the resort fee is applied to each hotel reservation and includes amenities that are sure to enhance your experience at MGM Grand Las Vegas.”
The table below explores some standard MGM resort fees, and some less-common ones.
|MGM Resorts Fees Usually Include||
|Other Fees that Might be Included||
Now that you know which fees are common at MGM, let’s talk about getting them waived by yourself.
How to get your MGM Resort Fees by Yourself
It’s really difficult to get MGM to waive their resort fees, if not wholly impossible. You’ll need to contact customer service, wait on hold, explain yourself (super politely), wait for a manager, and get the runaround.
Some good reasons to ask for a refund are:
- You didn’t use any parking or valet parking at the hotel
- You didn’t use any internet services at any time during your stay
- You didn’t use the gym, fitness center, pool or spa
- You were disappointed in the cleanliness of the room
- The front desk clerk or reservation agent didn’t make you aware of any fees when taking your reservation
Then you’ll need to provide documentation, take it up the customer service support ladder, speak to more representatives and send some emails. Is it really worth it? Most people end up giving up. But DoNotPay makes it much easier to get your MGM resort fees waived and refunded.
DoNotPay Can Get Your MGM Resort Fees Waived
Nothing is as frustrating as dealing with a customer support rep who doesn’t want to help. You’re at their mercy, and if they had a bad day, you won’t be getting your refund. That’s why you should turn to DoNotPay.
If you intend to reduce your MGM hotel bill but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has got you covered. Follow these four easy steps to get started.
- Go to the Hotel Bill Negotiations product on DoNotPay.
- Answer a few questions about your hotel bill, which charges you want to have refunded, and the details of your reservation.
- Tell us whether this is for a past reservation or you're still at the hotel (this helps us decide whether negotiation or chargeback is a better option for your case).
- Choose whether you want us to contact the front desk or general manager (if you've already tried contacting the front desk already).
And that's it! DoNotPay will draft a demand letter with your refund request and send it to the front desk or general manager. You will hear back from them directly with more details regarding your request.
Do you see how easy that is? You don’t need to wait on hold for two hours, or bounce around in a phone system, or deal with someone who doesn’t speak English.
And remember, you can use DoNotPay to tackle resort fees at any hotel or resort.
DoNotPay Can Waive Fees at Any Resort
You can use DoNotPay to fight fees at any hotel. Use it for:
- Marriott fees
- Ceasar’s fees
- Bellagio fees
- And anywhere else you stay
And that’s not all you can do with the app. Any time you feel like a major hotel chain is taking advantage of you, make DoNotPay your first resource. We can help you fight and waive fees, we can also help you sue someone in small claims court, and report infractions to the local government. Sign up today!