How to Easily Transfer Qantas Points
As Australia's largest and most popular airline, Qantas offers an extensive global itinerary with a reputation for outstanding service and an impressive operation and safety record.
Like most airlines, Qantas offers a frequent flyer program that enables travelers to earn points by simply booking flights, hotels, and car rentals. Qantas also has an extensive list of partner airlines in the program, which gives members even more options to choose from.
From flight upgrades to electronics and appliances, program members have thousands of choices to redeem their points. One perk of the Qantas frequent flyer program is the ability to transfer points to family members, as well as between a business account and any other Qantas frequent flyer member.
However, transferring Qantas points can sometimes be a tedious procedure. This is where DoNotPay can help with their efficient three-step process that can quickly and easily help you transfer Qantas Points.
How the Qantas Points Program Works
Becoming a member of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program will entitle you to earn points.
- When flying Qantas, earn 800-1,400 points depending on the flight class booked.
- Booking on OneWorld alliance airline partners also earns points.
- Earn more points as your membership tier moves up with status bonus rewards. Silver members earn 50% more points, gold members receive 75% more points, and platinum earns 100% more points. The number of credits earned is dependent on your fare and destination. Qantas' website has a calculator to find out how many points and status credits you can earn on a flight.
- Earn classic flight rewards that upgrade your class on Qantas and OneWorld airline alliance flights.
- Use a combination of points and payment for your flight with Qantas Points Plus Pay.
- Sign up with a credit card that earns Qantas points to add to your program. However, these points must be transferred from the credit card to the Qantas points program.
How Much Money are Qantas Points Worth?
Qantas Points do not have monetary value and cannot be converted to cash. In fact, Qantas forbids the sale of frequent flyer rewards points. However, the value of Qantas' points is calculated by how they are redeemed.
- Points used in the Qantas store are worth approximately half a cent each.
- Here is how Qantas points compare to other popular airlines:
|Airline Reward Program||Miles||Standard Mileage Value (in Dollars)||Priority/Business/First Class Mileage Value (in Dollars)|
|American Airlines AAdvantage Miles||1||$0.012||$0.025|
|Southwest Rapid Rewards||1||$0.014||$0.015|
Reasons to Transfer Qantas Points
There are several reasons why you shouldn't delay redeeming your points.
- Points can be devalued by the airline and be worth less the longer you hold them.
- The points are subject to expiration if not used in a timely manner.
- Surcharges for using the points may rise the longer you hold onto them.
- You have a family member that has a greater need to use the points.
How to Transfer Qantas Points to Travel Partners
Qantas points do not have to be transferred to travel partners as they can be easily redeemed for the following rewards on the respective websites:
- Use points for accommodations with Qantas hotels and Airbnb.
- Use points for shopping and gifts from the Qantas online rewards store.
- Purchase or renew your Qantas Club membership or partly pay for Qantas Insurance premiums.
How to Transfer Qantas Points to a Family Member on Your Own
Qantas points can be transferred to family members who are also on the Frequent Flyer program by doing the following:
- Transfer 5,000-600,000 points online through your Frequent Flyer log in.
- Contact Qantas support for assistance if you are unable to log in to your account.
How to Transfer Qantas Points From Your Business Account
If your business uses the program, you may transfer a minimum of 3,000 points to any Qantas Frequent Flyer account.
- Log on to your account and go to the Transfer Points page.
- Select a saved recipient from the drop-down menu or add a new name and their Frequent Flyer number.
- Enter how many points you are transferring.
- Answer the security question that you set up when you opened your account.
- Verify your identity with a One Time Pin (OTP). This will be generated and sent to the email address on the account.
- The recipient will receive an email notifying them of the transferred points. The points may be redeemed immediately.
How DoNotPay Can Help You Transfer Your Qantas Points Easily
The above procedures can be time-consuming and tedious. Additionally, if you need to contact an agent, there may be a prolonged hold time. Fortunately, DoNotPay can help you transfer your Qantas points quickly and easily without filling out web forms or contacting airline representatives.
- Search "points" or "rewards" on DoNotPay, and select the rewards program you're a part of / the type of points you have.
- Choose whether you want to check your points balance, transfer your points, or sell them for cash.
- If you selected one of the first two options, DoNotPay can check your points balance or transfer your points for you. Otherwise, we can help you find the best deal through third-party vendors.
For example, if you are a Marriott Rewards member, you can transfer your points to airline miles or find discounted hotel rates to redeem the best value. If you want to sell your points, we can help you find the best deal through third-party vendors. Lastly, we can also help you check your latest points balance automatically.
Why Use DoNotPay to Transfer Qantas Points
Here are the benefits of using DoNotPay to transfer your Qantas points:
- It's fast since you don't have to log in to a special account, especially if you forget your credentials.
- There are no tedious forms or steps involved in transferring the points.
- DoNotPay can find the best deals to redeem your Qantas points.
What Other Points Programs Can DoNotPay Help With?
DoNotPay can help you buy and sell points with many other travel companies.
|Transfer Southwest Airlines points||Transfer American Airlines Miles||Transfer Hilton Points|
|Transfer Chase points||Transfer United Airlines Miles||Sell United Airlines Miles|
|Transfer Marriott points||Sell Marriott Points||Sell Delta Airlines SkyMiles|
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
We don't just assist with transferring and redeeming frequent flyer account points. Here are just a few other ways DoNotPay can help you.
- Help with bills
- Find unclaimed money
- Get a virtual credit card
- Free raffle tickets
- Deal with parking tickets
- Jump the phone queue for any company
- Gift card cash back
DoNotPay simplifies many other everyday tasks. We're here to help you cut through red tape with our step-by-step guides and innovative solutions.