A Guide to Starbucks Gift Card Cash Out
If you have a Starbucks gift card but don’t like coffee, you probably have no use for it. Maybe you’re wondering whether you can submit a Starbucks gift card cash out request. You’re in the right place! DoNotPay will explain how to file a gift card cash back request and help you turn your gift card into money in a few clicks.
Starbucks offers both physical and digital gift cards. The gift card value can go from $5 to $500. You can use the gift card to buy anything in a Starbucks coffee shop. You can redeem your Starbucks gift card online and in stores.
The best part about Starbucks gift cards is that you can use them outside of the U.S. too. For example, if you purchase an item with an American Starbucks gift card in the U.K., the money on your gift card will be converted to pounds automatically.
You can submit a request for cash back if your Starbucks gift card balance meets the criteria. Starbucks has a gift card cash redemption portal, which you can visit to file your request. Officially, the company offers this option only to residents of California and Oregon. California residents can get up to $9.99 from their gift cards, while Oregon citizens can receive up to $4.99.
To file your cash back request with Starbucks, follow the steps below:
- Go to the Starbucks Gift Card Cash Redemption Program
- Click on Gift Card Cash Redemption
- Enter your Gift Card Number and PIN
- Select your state and enter your ZIP Code
- Tap on Continue
- Enter your customer details
- Press Submit
You can check the status of your request in two ways:
- On the Starbucks website
- By calling Starbucks’ customer support
Consult the following table for more details:
|Steps to Checking Cash Out Request Status Online||Steps to Checking Cash Out Request Over the Phone|
Even if you don't live in California or Oregon, you might be able to get your money back anyway. By law, Puerto Rico and 11 states—including CA and OR—have cash back policies. This means that companies in these places must issue reimbursement to customers who have a certain amount of money left on their gift cards.
Apart from California and Oregon, the states with a cash back policy are:
- New Jersey
- Rhode Island
Filing a cash back request in these nine states is possible over the phone only. You can call Starbucks customer service and request your money back.
If you don’t live in one of the mentioned states, don’t worry because DoNotPay can help you out anyway! Sign up for our app and find out how!
You can rely on DoNotPay to get your cash back instantly and effortlessly. You don’t have to go through the complex process of filing the request by yourself—we’ll do it for you! All you need to do is sign up for DoNotPay and follow the steps below:
- Open our Gift Card Cash Back product
- Enter all the necessary information, such as the gift card number, remaining balance, your email, and similar
- Click on Sign and Submit
DoNotPay will automatically check if you live in a state with a cash back policy. If you don’t, we’ll locate a Starbucks office in one of the above-mentioned states and submit your request right away. You should get your money back within 14 business days.
If you have a Starbucks gift card that contains more than a few bucks, you can:
- Buy something at Starbucks—If you don’t enjoy coffee, you can buy a mug or baked goods at Starbucks and spend some money before you can file a cash out request. Once your remaining balance is proper, you can submit your cash back request
- Sell the gift card—If you don't want to use the funds on your Starbucks gift card, you can sell it for cash. You’ll find a lot of websites that buy new or partially used gift cards. The downside is that you probably won’t be able to get the full value of your gift card
- Exchange the card—Another approach you can take is exchanging your Starbucks gift card for a card from a different brand online
If you have any other questions regarding gift cards, DoNotPay’s learning center is the right place for you. We will provide information on how to:
- Get free gift cards
- Return gift cards for cash
- Check balance on your other gift cards, including:
Our platform provides a multitude of useful tools, products, and services that anyone can benefit from. DoNotPay is a proper virtual assistant that can minimize your paperwork, protect your consumer rights, increase your productivity, or keep you safe online.
The best part is that we keep adding more awesome features all the time—all available for a small subscription price. Take a peek at a small part of our portfolio in the table below:
|Online Safety||Customer Protection||Administration Shortcuts|
With your DoNotPay subscription, not only do you get a powerful weapon to fight boring and annoying daily tasks, but you also get a great resource for earning more money.