How to Get a SnapGene Free Trial Securely With a Virtual Credit Card
SnapGene is a molecular biology software. It allows the user to "plan, visualize, and document molecular biology procedures," according to the website's FAQ page. The software allows you to select the DNA fragments you want to use and then designs the primers for you.
Does SnapGene Offer a Free Trial?
Yes, SnapGene does offer a for their software. It offers all the same benefits as a paid subscription and doesn't require you to enter credit card information for the free trial.
There is an academic plan, and a corporate plan, offered by SnapGene. But the academic plan can only be acquired if your group is part of a degree-granting institution or a non-profit charity.
How Can I Get a SnapGene Free Trial?
Signing up for a is relatively easy, especially since the website doesn't require credit card information in order to obtain the said trial.
To obtain a SnapGene free trial:
- Visit SnapGene's homepage on their website.
- Click on the red button that says "try for free"
- Enter your email address and click "get started"
- It will prompt you to answer two questions before you continue. You will then click "get started" once more after answering.
- You can then just download the program and get started with your free trial.
Does the SnapGene Free Trial Renew Into a Paid Subscription?
No, the does not renew into a paid subscription since there's no card information you have to input when signing up. However, it's extremely common for free trials of other websites and programs to renew into paid subscriptions once the free trial is over. It's very easy to forget you've even signed up for a free trial, and, in some cases, this can end up costing you a lot of money as some companies don't allow refunds after the subscription has been renewed.
Avoid Automatic Renewal With DoNotPay's Virtual Credit Card
Did you know you can avoid getting charged for a subscription once a free trial has ended with a virtual card? One of the many services DoNotPay offers is the chance to receive a virtual card that you can use to sign up for free trials. This way, even if you forget about a trial you've signed up for, you won't get charged for a renewal of the subscription.
All it takes to receive your virtual card from DoNotPay is three easy steps:
- Search free trial card on DoNotPay and enter the company you want a free trial for.
- We'll automatically generate a virtual credit card that you can use for that merchant. Copy the card details shown on your screen.
- Use the card to sign up for your free trial and sit back to relax and enjoy.
How Much Does SnapGene Cost After the Free Trial?
SnapGene can seem a bit pricey, but that's mostly because the subscription is renewed annually. It also depends on how many "seats" you're purchasing, and if you want to make a one-time purchase instead of an annual one.
Here are the pricing options:
Free SnapGene Course Licenses for Students
If you're a professor who has purchased an academic license for SnapGene, the company offers free course licenses for your students. This offer may not be eligible for all courses, and any course that is eligible cannot exceed a six-month period. Only course instructors can request the course licenses for their students, and the students must be part of an undergraduate course of an accredited university or high school.
What Are Some Popular Alternatives to SnapGene?
There are several alternatives to SnapGene, though it can be said the home site for most alternative programs doesn't look as modern, which may be a big selling point for SnapGene users.
Still, some of these alternatives include
- Clone Manager - $750/per license/per year (only available for Windows) - provides tools for various DNA sequence assembly projects
- DNAStar - $599/per license/per year - Sanger/ABI sequence assembly; pairwise and multiple sequence alignment with phylogeny; sequence editing and annotation
- DNADynamo - $249/per license (one-time payment) - ABI/SCF alignment; subcloning and plasmid management; sequence annotation and structure viewing
- DNApy - free/open-source - viewing, editing, and creating DNA sequences
It's not necessarily a good idea to use a free or open-source program for university studies or advanced research, but a free program may be a good starting point for some. However, most SnapGene alternatives that you need to pay for also offer free trials that you can try out one of DoNotPay's virtual cards on.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
Aside from getting you a free virtual card to use for free trials, DoNotPay can do nearly anything you want them to. It can also help you save money by:
- Claiming warranties to which you're entitled
- Assisting with the reduction of property taxes
- Appealing parking tickets on your behalf
- Requesting a chargeback or refund to your credit card
DoNotPay can do it all. Don't hesitate to try it for any issue that may come up in your daily life; you're sure to be satisfied.