How To Sign Up For Signal Without A Phone Number
First launched in 2018, Signal is a messaging app that touts open-sourced, end-to-end encryption to ensure the only people that see your conversations are you and your recipients. Signal has been downloaded over 125 million times worldwide and is available on Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, and Linux platforms.
But while the messaging platform itself is claimed to be safe and secure, does that mean your personal data is? According to Business of Apps, the platform isn’t making revenue, so one way corporations often recoup losses is by selling user information over to third parties.
Worried about what might appear in your inbox after signing up for Signal? We got your back! DoNotPay can show you a clever way to get on Signal without a phone number.
Why Does Signal Want My Phone Number?
Like all chat and messaging apps, Signal needs your phone number as a way for the app and other users to truly identify you from other people who are using the platform.
When sending and receiving texts, your account will display your phone number that will be visible to other users. At this time, it’s not possible to sign up without using a phone number or keep your number hidden on Signal.
Can I Use A Different Number From My Phone’s To Sign Up For Signal?
Yes, it is possible. Here’s how to make sure you don’t use your own number for Signal:
- Install and open Signal on your Android phone or iPhone.
- Enter or change the phone number you wish to use. If the number is automatically entered in the field, make sure to delete it before proceeding.
- Even if you enter a different phone number, you’ll still be able to use Signal on the phone you installed it on. It's also worth noting that changing the SIM card on your phone will not change anything about your Signal account.
Still unsure about registering Signal on your phone? You can always download Signal to your computer, register on there, then log in from the mobile app later.
Where Should I Get My Second Phone Number From?
If you’re looking to sign up for Signal without a phone number, simply turn to . While burner phones and a selection of other fake phone number apps exist, DoNotPay has many upsides to make it the premiere way to bypass any phone verification process.
Here’s a concise rundown of DoNotPay:
|Number Generation||DoNotPay can supply customers with temporary phone numbers any time they need them. These numbers are guaranteed to work for the service they need them for.|
|Security||DoNotPay will only activate the number for a brief period of time. During this window, you can register for Signal before the number deactivates. This will make the number you use for Signal untraceable to potential third parties.|
|Price||DoNotPay only costs one low, fixed monthly rate that almost anyone can afford. You have access to DoNotPay’s Burner Phone, Virtual Card, and AI Lawyer products for just pennies a day!|
|Availability||DoNotPay is available on the Google Play Store or the App store for mobile devices. Computer users can easily log onto DoNotPay from a web browser.|
How Does DoNotPay Get Me On Signal Without A Phone Number?
will get you safely registered on Signal without any extra equipment or illegal activity. Simply follow our simple 5-step process:
- Log onto DoNotPay and click on or tap the “Burner Phone” product.
- Type in “Signal” as the name of the service you’re using. Then, click on or tap “Create a temporary number”.
- Enter the phone number you receive for the Signal registration process.
- Check your phone for an SMS notification containing the validation code that the fake phone number receives.
- Enter the validation code required on Signal and complete verification.
And from there, you should be free to use Signal on any device you want, even your phone! This is a great workaround you can also show your friends and colleagues.
Can I Change My Signal Phone Number If I’m Already Registered?
If you are already signed up for Signal with your real phone number, don’t panic! You can still change it to a fake phone number while using the same phone. Here’s what you need to know about changing your number:
- You can do this by logging onto Signal and navigating through “Signal Settings”, then “Account”, then “Change Phone Number”.
- You can still use the DoNotPay Burner Phone process to switch to another number.
- DoNotPay will still send your phone the SMS message containing the validation code.
What Other Chat And Messaging Apps Can I Register Using DoNotPay?
Not only does work for many messaging apps, but it works for all kinds of websites, services, and video games that require SMS verification.
Check out other messaging apps that you can also get a DoNotPay phone number for: