Request Your Shenmue 3 Refund Fast and Save Money
Shenmue 3 is the third part of the popular adventure, open-world game. The first two parts of the game were developed by Sega AM2, and Ys Net developed the third. The funds for Shenmue 3 were collected through a Kickstarter campaign.
Shenmue 3 Refund Policy Explained
Shenmue 3 is available for purchase only on the Epic Games Store and the PlayStation Store. If you want to request a refund, you should do it through one of those companies, depending on where you purchased the game.
Epic Games Store Refund Policy
If you request a refund within the first 14 days of purchasing a game or a product from the Epic Games Store, you’re eligible for a refund. Another condition is that you don’t have more than two hours of gameplay on that product.
You will also get an Epic Games refund for all in-game objects and content bought through their store, but only if that content hasn’t been used, changed, or transferred.
If a product is marked as “non-refundable,” you won’t be able to get a refund.
You should receive your refund to the payment method you used when buying the game. If that isn’t possible, Epic Games will offer an alternative.
PlayStation Store Refund Policy
If you want to cancel your purchase and request a refund through the PlayStation Store, these are the conditions:
- You can ask for a refund if you cancel the service in the first 14 days of buying it. If you haven’t started downloading or playing it, you will be eligible for a refund
- In case you start downloading or streaming the game, you will get a refund only if the product is faulty
- When it comes to the in-game content, you’ll be able to cancel them in the first 14 days from purchase only if you don’t launch the game in the meantime
- If you purchase the in-game content while playing, it will be automatically delivered, and you won’t be eligible for a refund
PlayStation will credit your refund to the original payment method. If that’s not possible, the refund will be credited to your PlayStation Now wallet.
How to Get a Shenmue 3 Refund With DoNotPay
Are you looking for the fastest way of requesting a Shenmue 3 refund? DoNotPay is the best solution for you. We will also fax the request to your bank automatically.
Here’s which steps to follow:
- Log in to your DoNotPay account from a web browser
- Click on “Chargeback Instantly”
- Verify your account
- Answer all of the questions
- Click “Submit”
Other than faxing the request to the bank, DoNotPay will also send a letter with Visa or Mastercard codes. According to the Fair Credit Billing Act, you should also create evidence and contact the merchant. DoNotPay can do that for you as well.
DoNotPay can help you request a refund for many other companies such as:
Request a Shenmue 3 Refund by Yourself
In case you want to request your Shenmue 3 refund on your own, you have a couple of options, depending on the store you purchased the game from.
Can You Request a Refund Via
Yes / No
PlayStation Support Live Chat
Epic Games Website
How to Request a Shenmue 3 Refund via PlayStation Support Live Chat
If you’ve bought the game through the PlayStation Store, you can request a refund by contacting their customer support reps via live chat, and here’s how:
- Go to the PlayStation contact page
- Click “Contact Support” in the footer of the page
- Choose “Request a Refund”
- Click on the “Chat” icon under the “Contact us” section on the right side of your dashboard
How to Request a Shenmue 3 Refund Through the Epic Games Website
Did you purchase Shenmue 3 through the Epic Games Store? You can request your refund by contacting the customer support like this:
- Go to the Epic Games Store help page
- Click on “Contact us”
- Log in to your account
- Follow the directions
You can also request a refund online by yourself for some games and products:
- Sign in to your Epic Games account
- Click on “Account”
- Select the “Transactions” tab
- Click the game title—in this case, “Shenmue 3”
- Click the “Refund” button to start the process if possible
Not all games are eligible for an online refund request.
Problems You Could Encounter When Requesting Your Shenmue 3 Refund
You won’t come across any problems requesting a refund now, but in September 2019, the Shenmue 3 developer team made a lot of gamers super angry.
2019 Shenmue 3 Kickstarter Refund Controversy
The Ys Net developers have been crowdfunding Shenmue 3 via a Kickstarter campaign since 2015. At that time, they were also offering a Steam copy of the game for the gamers who wanted to support them and purchase Shenmue 3 for Windows through the Steam Store.
In 2019, the developers decided to make the game exclusive to the Epic Games Store on PC, which made the backers who already paid for the Steam copy annoyed.
Kickstarter offered them two options and only 14 days to decide:
- To switch to the PS4 game version
- To wait for the refund instructions
A lot of backers decided to go with the PS4 version of the game due to the lack of refund information. They were unpleasantly surprised after finding out that they wouldn’t be eligible for a Kickstarter refund because they had already chosen to purchase the PS4 version.
How Long Do I Have to Wait to Receive My Shenmue 3 Refund?
For the Epic Games Store users, the amount of time between your refund request and the day you receive it will depend on your chosen payment method.
If you request a refund through the PlayStation Store, you will probably receive it in eight to ten days. If you don’t receive your refund after two weeks, contact your bank or payment provider to see what’s blocking it.
Is It Possible to Check the Status of My Shenmue 3 Refund Request on the Website?
It’s not possible to check the status on the website—you can only contact your bank or payment provider to check your refund request status.
DoNotPay Has Got Your Back for Other Issues Too
Other than making the refund request process quick and simple, the world’s first robot lawyer can handle various other administrative issues that can be annoying and time-consuming. If you rely on DoNotPay’s assistance, you’ll solve all of those problems fast and hassle-free.
Open your DoNotPay account from a web browser and count on us to assist you in:
- Resolving issues with bills you can’t pay
- Getting refunds from any firm
- Handling problems with credit cards
- Getting rid of unused and unwanted subscriptions or memberships
- Contacting customer service reps fast and easy
- Fighting speeding tickets
- Setting up a DMV appointment
- Disputing traffic tickets
- Getting compensation and refunds from airlines for delayed or canceled flights
- Contesting parking tickets
- Protecting yourself from stalking and harassment
- Suing agencies and individuals in small claims court
- Keeping your inbox and mailbox spam mail-free
- Signing up for free trial periods without the risk of being charged
- Getting revenge on robocalls