All You Need To Know About The Scotland Correctional Institution
The is a high-security prison for male inmates. The prison is located in Laurinburg, North Carolina and houses about 1,756 inmates.
The facility opened in stages. The first stage opened in September 2003. It was a Close Custody unit with a 1,000-bed capacity. Another 500-bed capacity medium-security unit opened in March 2011, and finally, a 250-bed facility of minimum security opened in July of 2011.
Inmates at this correctional center can receive visitors and mail from family and friends. But like other prison facilities, it takes some work and due processes and regulations involved in visitation and sending mail to an inmate. Approval is never guaranteed. DoNotPay makes the process of getting in touch with an inmate easier and improves your chances of getting letters to an inmate getting you approved for visitation.
Where is Scotland Correctional Facility Located?
There are several ways to get to the Scotland Correctional Facility. You can take the U.S. 1 to Southern Pines from Raleigh. Take the U.S. 15-501 south, heading towards Laurinburg for about 25 miles. At the Old Wire Road, turn left. Head to the Stop sign and turn right, then to Airbase Road, where you will turn left. You should see the prison on the right after taking the McGirts Bridge Road for about 5 ½ miles.
You can also take the US 401 from Fayetteville. Head south towards Laurinburg through Wagram. Turn left on Airbase Road, head down to McGirts Bridge Road for about 5 ½ miles, and turn right.
Other routes to get to the prison include from Lumberton taking the U.S. 74, and from Rockingham using the U.S. 74 East.
22385 McGirt's Bridge Rd.
Laurinburg, NC 28353
How to Contact an Inmate at Scotland Correctional Facility By Yourself
There are several ways to contact an inmate at the Scotland Correctional facility, which include:
- In-person visits
- Making phone calls
- Sending money
Visitation at the prison is by appointment only. The appointment can be made two weeks in advance but not less than 48 hours in advance. The facility accepts appointment calls Monday through Thursday from 9.00 a.m. to 4.00 p.m. Appointment calls are not accepted on Friday, Saturday, or Sunday.
Offenders are allowed one visit per week. No visiting on holidays and special visits must be approved by the warden or the assistant warden.
Close Custody visits are Wednesday through Saturday only. Non-contact visits are Monday and Tuesday from 9.00 a.m. to 10 a.m. or from noon to 1.00 p.m. Medium custody visits are Wednesday through Saturday.
Inmates incarcerated in North Carolina can make outbound phone calls to approved phone numbers. You cannot call an inmate directly. Reach out to the facility or the inmate to get your number added to the list.
Sending Money and Mail to Inmates at Scotland Correctional Institution
You can send your loved one or prison pen pal at the Scotland Correctional Institution money or letters. The North Carolina Department of Public Safety has changed how inmates receive mail.
Letters to inmates at the Scotland Correctional Facility are now sent through a private company called TextBehind. All mail to the inmates should be addressed appropriately, or they will be returned. Mail to inmates should be addressed in this way:
Offender Name and OPUS Number,
P.O. Box 247
Phoenix, MD 21131
However, TextBehind does not accept packages or legal mail. For legal mail, you can contact the facility to arrange delivery.
DoNotPay can help you write a letter to an inmate at Scotland Correctional Institution without having to deal with the above hassles.
Inmates at the Scotland Correctional Facility can receive money to purchase snacks, games, toiletries, or other items from the commissary. However, the inmate doesn't receive the money directly. The commissary keeps track of the accounts and debits. You can give money directly to the commissary or send it through Moneygram.
Steps to Take Before Contacting an Inmate
Inmates get moved around. They may not be in the facility that you think. It’s important to know where they are before attempting to contact them. Following these steps can ease the process and make it more predictable.
- Ensure you know where the inmate is located before accepting inmate phone calls. Interstate phone calls are often more expensive than intrastate ones. If you don't know how to find an inmate, DoNotPay has an incredible feature called Connect With an Inmate. This feature can help you locate an inmate in any correctional facility in the U.S. You can try out this feature by opening a DoNotPay account in your Web browser and;
- In the Connect with an Inmate tab, select Locate Someone.
- Provide the inmate's name and the state they're in.
- Submit the request.
The DoNotPay platform will give you the inmate's current location within seconds.
Difficulties You May Experience Contacting Inmates at the Scotland Correctional Facility
Contacting an inmate at the Scotland Correctional Facility is not easy. You may face a lot of challenges and setbacks, including;
- Close monitoring of the communications
- Limited communication and visitation hours
- Expensive telephone rates
- Postponement and cancellation of your visitations
- Mail does not reach the inmate
- Mail or packages are denied
DoNotPay Has Streamlined the Process for Contacting Scotland Correctional Institution Inmates
DoNotPay can make connecting with an inmate at Scotland correctional facility easier. You just need to follow these five steps:
- Locate the Connect With an Inmate service on DoNotPay.
- Choose whether you want to locate a loved one, create a virtual mailbox, or send a personalized letter.
- If you want us to find your loved one, provide their personal details and the state they are located in. We'll then conduct a search on the appropriate state database.
- If you want to create a virtual mailbox, just provide your full name! We'll set one up for you to easily receive incoming mail from your loved one.
- If sending a personalized letter, tell us which facility your loved one is located in and what you would like to say to them. You can even include a photo! Your letter will be delivered automatically - just wait 10 days for it to arrive for your loved one!
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
There's a lot more than DoNotPay can help you with, including;
- Helping you schedule appointments with the DMV
- Protecting your work against copyright infringement
- Finding unclaimed funds, you're entitled to
- Helping you get refunds from airlines
- Disputing parking tickets, speeding, and traffic tickets
Let DoNotPay simplify your life today!