How to Get Your PrivacyGuard Free Trial With a Virtual Credit Card
In this day and age, it's very important to safeguard your privacy and your financial information. So if this is something that you would like to take charge of in your life, you can opt for the . Like many other apps and online platforms, Privacy Guard gives you the option of trying it out before you commit to paying for it each month.
The problem with many free trials is that you need to provide a credit card number to sign up for them. And then, if you forget to cancel the subscription before the end of the trial period, you end up getting charged for at least a month, even if you never intended to continue using that platform.
This is why it makes sense to use DoNotPay which can help you to generate a virtual credit card number. This number is good for one use, but you can generate as many of them as you want and sign up for several free trials. Since the virtual credit card number doesn't have a line of credit to back it up, you will not end up getting charged at the end of the month.
What Can PrivacyGuard Do for You?
PrivacyGuard, as the name suggests, works to protect your privacy. It has three plans which you can sign up for, with different features. Getting is made easier with DoNotPay.
PrivacyGuard credit protection
- This plan costs $19.99 per month.
- You'll get monthly credit reports from three credit bureaus as a part of this plan.
- You'll also be able to track your credit daily to see if there have been any changes.
- You'll get the PrivacyGuard app as well as emails and text alerts.
- A fraud resolution agent will be assigned to you, in case there is any evidence of fraud in your reports.
- You'll get a secure browser and a secure keyboard.
- You'll also get a credit score simulator and will be able to call a credit information hotline
PrivacyGuard Identity Protection
- This plan costs $9.99 per month.
- PrivacyGuard scans the dark web, where people's identities are often bought and sold, to make sure that this is not happening with your identity.
- It monitors your social security number, driver's license, and passport.
- It also monitors your bank account, your debit card, and your credit card.
- It can verify your USPS address change as well as any ID applications and public records.
- It will also monitor your email, phone, name, date of birth, and any public records about you.
- As with the PrivacyGuard credit protection plan, you'll get the app, emails and text alerts, a fraud resolution agent, a secure browser, and a secure keyboard.
- Additionally, you'll also get a million dollars in identity theft insurance and protection for a lost or stolen wallet.
PrivacyGuard Total Protection
- This plan is a combination of the above two plans and costs $24.99.
- It gives you monthly credit reports from three credit bureaus and also monitors your credit daily.
- It scans the public and dark web to make sure your identity is not being stolen.
- It monitors your social security number, driver's license, and passport.
- It monitors your bank account, debit card, and credit card.
- It will verify USPS address changes and ID applications.
- It will monitor your name, email, date of birth, and phone number.
- It also monitors your public records and your children's social security numbers.
- You'll get the PrivacyGuard app as well as emails and texts.
- You'll get help with fraud resolution, a million dollars in ID theft insurance, and protection for lost/stolen wallets.
- You'll also get reduced pre-approved credit card offers, a credit card simulator, and a credit information hotline.
- You'll get neighborhood reports, and you'll be able to locate registered offenders.
- You'll get reimbursed for emergency travel and medical records.
Can You Try PrivacyGuard Without Paying the Full Amount?
PrivacyGuard does give you the option of trying any of its services for the low price of $1 for 14 days. To do this, you will have to give them your credit card number, and you will be charged $1. And if you forget to unsubscribe during those 14 days, then your credit card will automatically be charged for the plan that you originally signed up for.
Although PrivacyGuard does give you the option of trying its services for a nominal fee, you do run the risk of paying more later, unless you remember to unsubscribe. Unfortunately, most people tend to forget to unsubscribe, or they assume that they will receive some kind of notice before their credit card will be charged, which is not the case.
So if you sign up for the , you might end up being charged a minimum of $9.99 and a maximum of $24.99 at the end of it, depending on which plan you signed up for. And if you didn't find it all that useful, then that will be a waste of your money.
How Can I Get a Free Trial and Avoid Getting Charged on My Own?
It is easier to forget to cancel your free trial and end up paying for a subscription service you don't enjoy. Here are a few ways you can cancel a free trial and avoid getting charged:
|Cancel payment once you sign up for the free trial.||If you cancel a free trial after signing up, you will still use it for the entire trial period without getting charged. It is one of the best and easiest ways to ensure you don't get billed.
However, remember that not all free trials operate in the same manner. Some services will stop your trial immediately you unsubscribe, e.g., Hulu and Apple Music.
|Set a reminder a few days before your trial period ends.||Don't wait until your free trial ends to cancel your subscription. That's because you may take forever to find instructions on how to unsubscribe, and this could push you past your deadline.
Another reason why you shouldn't wait till the last minute is that most services will still charge you if you cancel less than 24 hrs before your free trial period ends.
|Go virtual.||If you signed up with a free virtual credit card and forgot to cancel your subscription before your trial period ended, you can never get charged.
DoNotPay’s Virtual Credit Card works by generating temporary credit cards that expire when you please. Some advantages of virtual credit cards include:
|Speak with Customer Support.||Do not disregard how powerful personal appeal can be. If you thought you canceled your subscription before your free trial ended or your request was unsuccessful, you can contact Customer Support to help you out. Just ensure you remain humble and courteous in your request.|
Why Should You Sign Up for Free Trials With DoNotPay?
Whenever you sign up for a free trial for an app, software, or some kind of online platform, you will be asked for your credit card number. And at the end of your trial period, you will be charged, unless you remember to unsubscribe.
Instead, it makes a lot more sense to sign up for a free trial with DoNotPay. Here's how it works:
- DoNotPay will generate a virtual credit card number which is good for one use.
- You can generate multiple virtual credit card numbers and sign up for as many free trials as you want.
- The platform will accept this virtual credit card number just as it would accept a real credit card number.
- Since the virtual credit card number doesn't have any credit to back it up, you will not be charged at the end of the free trial. You will automatically be unsubscribed.
What Else Can DoNotPay Help You to Do?
If you've used the virtual credit card option and are satisfied with it, think about all the other ways in which DoNotPay can simplify your life. Here are some of the things that DoNotPay can help you to do:
- DoNotPay can help you with scheduling a DMV appointment
- DoNotPay can protect you from stalking and harassment
- DoNotPay can help you with bills you are unable to pay
- DoNotPay can get you compensation for delayed or canceled flights
- DoNotPay can help you contest parking tickets
There are several apps and online platforms available to make your life better, and it makes sense to try them all. However, it makes no sense for you to be charged at the end of a free trial when you've decided not to use that service. So it's best to use DoNotPay's virtual credit card number to sign up for your free trials. And if you're satisfied with the result, you can also try out DoNotPay's other products which can help to simplify your life.