How to Connect With your Loved One at Philips State Prison
is a medium-security men's prison of the Georgia Department of Corrections. It's located in Gwinnett County, Buford, Georgia. It holds 918 inmates and is situated northwest of Partial Lake.
Chosen inmates can engage in work crews that provide labor for different agencies around the county. Inmates are also able to learn various vocational skills, which include:
- Auto body and auto repair
- Food preparation
- Building and custodial maintenance
Inmates may also engage in worship/prayer services and religious studies and receive counseling through the Chaplains office.
Philips State Prison Contact Information
2989 West Rock Quarry Road
Buford, GA 30519
How to Contact Inmates at Philips State Prison
Visitation hours are on Sat, Sun, and state holidays from 9 AM to 3 PM. Be sure to contact your inmate or the prison to ensure you are an approved visitor.
To send an inmate mail, you need to check the regulations and rules of Philips State Prison. They have strict policies since they maintain tight security at all times. To get details for your inmate loved one (i.e. prisoner ID and full name), contact the facility. When you send mail, it's required that you reference the accurate information.
Inmate Name, ID Number
Philips State Prison
2989 West Rock Quarry Road
Buford, GA 30519
The Philips State Prison provides inmates with a jail mail account where they can send mail and receive mail. Families must contact the prison to sign up for this service and to receive their inmate's ID. It's simple to sign up, and the prison ensures your inmate receives all mail from you without delay. However, they do have the right to detain any messages deemed inappropriate and block anyone for security reasons.
Smart Jail Mail
This service connects families with their loved ones through online communication instead of waiting for the mail to be sent and received by the inmate.
Philips State Prison inmates aren't allowed to receive phone calls, but they can make calls during specific hours. For families to receive inmate calls, they'll need to be on the inmate's approved call list. The facility monitors all calls for security reasons. You'll need to contact the prison to learn about their particular service provider and get a prepaid phone account set up.
How to Send Money to Inmates at Philips State Prison
You will need to use MoneyGram or JPay to send your loved one money at the prison. The fees you pay for this service will depend on how much money you send and which service you use.
How to Send Packages to Inmates at Philips State Prison
Inmates at Philips State Prison can receive books, magazines, and newspapers, but they must come directly from an approved publisher such as Walmart or Amazon.
Difficulties Contacting your Loved One at Philips State Prison
Some challenges you may come across when trying to contact your loved one are:
- Difficulty locating them
- Strict rules and mandatory steps to contact your loved one
- Mail or emails being rejected (not with DoNotPay)
The Easier Way to Get in Touch With Your Loved Ones via DoNotPay
Sending your loved one a letter while they're in prison is no easy feat. All it takes is one small error (i.e. using the wrong envelope), adding an incorrect unit number, or forgetting their inmate ID, and your letter gets rejected. On top of that, you have the inconvenience of having to go to the post office to send a letter that might not make it into your loved one's hands in the first place. It's no surprise why many individuals stop trying to send letters or even stay in touch with their loved ones in prison. Fortunately, DoNotPay takes this type of hassle away from connecting with your loved one.
DoNotPay is an easy, quick way to connect with your loved one at Philips State Prison. You'll find our "Connect With An Inmate" prison product through our DoNotPay app that is fast and convenient to use. You'll need a few things first. You'll need:
1. Your loved one's first and last name
2. The prison name
3. Your loved one's Inmate ID or Booking number
4. Your loved one's unit
Then you simply decide how you want to connect with them, whether it's through a virtual mailbox or sending a letter.
DoNotPay Can Help You Locate Your Imprisoned Friend
- Locate the Connect With an Inmate service on DoNotPay.
- Choose whether you want to locate a loved one, create a virtual mailbox, or send a personalized letter.
- If you want us to find your loved one, provide his or her personal details and the state they are located in. We'll then conduct a search on the appropriate state database.
- If you want to create a virtual mailbox, just provide your full name! We'll set one up for you so you can easily receive incoming mail from your loved one.
- If sending a personalized letter, tell us which facility your loved one is located in and what you would like to say to them. You can even include a photo! Your letter will be delivered automatically - just wait 10 days for it to arrive to your loved one!
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
Other services DoNotPay provides along with their Connect With an Inmate product, include:
- Getting a refund for a canceled or delayed flight
- Fighting parking tickets
- Handling bills you can't pay
- Stalking and harassment protection
- Getting company refunds
- Signing up for risk-free, free trials
- Dealing with credit card issues
Connecting with your loved one at Philips State Prison can't get any easier with the . Don't waste hours of your time with stringent rules and regulations or risk your letters or emails being rejected. DoNotPay will handle the entire process for you to ensure you connect with your loved one.