The Fastest Way to a PayPal Shipping Refund Is With DoNotPay!
PayPal is an online service that facilitates transferring money between individuals and businesses on the internet. PayPal also acts as a payment processor for e-commerce and online auction sites, like its former owner company eBay.
According to Statista, there are around 325 million active PayPal users at the moment. To put this figure in perspective, a mindblowing 87.5% of online buyers worldwide use the service.
If you’re frequently using this service to send or receive money, you should learn the nuts and bolts of the Paypal refund policy and rules regarding PayPal chargebacks. If you only wish to request a refund for your shipping cost, keep on reading.
About the PayPal Return Shipping Refund Policy
According to PayPal’s Terms and Conditions, the company will accept your refund if you comply with a few criteria. You will have to activate the Return Shipping option if you wish to reimburse any return shipping costs.
Signing up for the service is free. Bear in mind that it is not retroactive, which means that you can only make a request for items that you bought and returned if the service was active at that time. In other words, you cannot opt into Return Shipping and then demand a refund for an item you purchased before you enrolled in the service.
You will also need to make sure that:
- Your PayPal account isn’t suspended or limited
- Your PayPal account is registered in the United States
- You have paid for the item in question with the funds in your PayPal account
- You are eligible for a refund according to the seller’s return policy
You will have 30 days from the day you returned the product to the seller—or 150 days since you bought the product—to submit your shipping refund request.
For any questions about the Return Shipping service, send an email to PayPal’s service provider, Telus International, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to Get a Refund for Shipping on PayPal by Yourself
There are several ways to go about your PayPal shipping refund. Check the table below for additional details:
Can You Request a Refund Via
Yes / No
If you decide to handle the return shipping refund on your own, follow these steps:
- Log in to your PayPal account
- Press the Activity tab in the top blue banner
- Find the transaction you’re requesting a shipping refund for
- Click on View Details
- Select Request a Return Shipping Refund in the Transaction Details section
- Provide proof of your return
- Submit the request
You will receive an email from PayPal within five business days of submitting the request if they need additional information. If so, you will have 14 calendar days to submit the missing document(s).
Get a PayPal Shipping Refund With DoNotPay
Not everything will always go as planned when you’re returning a product and requesting a shipping refund for your purchase. Luckily, DoNotPay has found a way to make this process much more manageable. With a few clicks, you’ll get your PayPal shipping refund in no time.
All you have to do is:
- Log in to DoNotPay using your web browser
- Select the Chargeback Instantly option
- Provide answers to our chatbot’s questions (full name, bank information, merchant’s data, and payment information)
- Verify your signature
- Click on the Submit button
DoNotPay will contact your bank and request a refund. We will also cite the relevant Visa/Mastercard codes to support your case. It’s really that easy!
How Many PayPal Shipping Refunds Can You Request?
PayPal states that anyone is eligible for 12 shipping refunds per year.
Only one refund is allowed per transaction, so if you decide to return several items at once, PayPal will view this as a single return. The shipping refund is capped at $30 per transaction.
When Will PayPal Refuse to Give You a Refund?
There are several instances in which you will not be entitled to a shipping refund by PayPal. They are the following:
- A purchase paid with cash or another form of payment that isn’t related to PayPal
- A purchase paid only partially by PayPal
- A transaction in which the seller already covers shipping expenses
- A purchase that involves services or intangible goods
- A damaged item upon return
How To Check the Status of Your PayPal Shipping Refund
You will receive an email from PayPal informing you that your refund is accepted. You will then get the funds back on your PayPal account. The entire process might take up to ten business days.
To check the status of your refund, do the following:
- Log in to your PayPal account
- Click on the Activity tab
- Select the transaction related to the item you returned
- Hit the View All Return Shipping Refund Request link
Take PayPal to Small Claims Court With DoNotPay and Get Justice
With DoNotPay, you can now sue anyone in small claims court in a way that’s easier than ever before. If, for instance, your PayPal seller refused to issue a refund you’re eligible for and PayPal didn’t take your side, you can start a small claims lawsuit against both of them.
Sign in to DoNotPay in your web browser, and start chatting with our clever chatbot. Our app will then do the following:
- Confirm if the case is suitable for small claims court
- Compose a demand letter to send to the merchant
- Generate and fill out the required court forms
- Serve the seller
- Prepare a script that you can use in court
You can forget about expensive lawyers when you have an AI-fueled powerhouse app by your side. The industry has already recognized our efforts to increase access to legal services—DoNotPay has been awarded the 2020 Louis M. Brown Award for Legal Access by the American Bar Association.
DoNotPay Identifies the Services You’re Not Using
You’re likely using PayPal to pay for various recurring subscriptions and memberships, but how many of these services are actually worth the price?
You can now find that out in a few simple steps with DoNotPay. When you connect your email or bank account to our app, we will immediately identify the services and subscriptions you are paying for but not using enough (or at all). We’ll come up with a list of recommended cancellations and even handle them on your behalf if you wish.
Introducing the Life-Changing Features of DoNotPay
Earning money requires hard work for most people. When finances are tight, it’s all the more important to keep a close eye on your finances and cut down on costs where you can.
Thankfully, our app has automated many processes that find you savings in unexpected places and help you win compensation or settlement money. You can easily obtain an eBay refund or a Western Union refund with our app—to name just a couple of examples.
Open DoNotPay in your web browser if you need a hand with:
- Resolving credit card issues
- Protecting yourself from stalking and harassment
- Dealing with bills you’re unable to pay
- Getting refunds from other companies
- Disputing parking tickets
- Appealing traffic tickets
- Getting revenge on robocalls
- Skipping phone queues when contacting customer service reps
- Getting compensation for delayed or canceled flights
- Challenging speeding tickets
- Setting up an appointment with the DMV fast
- Canceling any subscription or membership
- Suing people or companies in small claims court
- Starting and canceling free trials
- Fighting spam emails