How to Sign Up for an onX Free Trial Without Using a Credit Card
Do you love hunting or engaging in other outdoor activities such as hiking? If so, you must have heard of the onX app and how resourceful it is. You may also be wondering about the possibility of an onX free trial. Here is a comprehensive overview of this app and how you can use it for free with the help of .
Does onX Offer a Free Trial?
onX offers something better than a free trial: unlimited usage for free via its onX Basic plan. As such, you don't have to worry about your free trial period ending and incurring automatic charges. However, it is worth noting that the basic plan comes with a limited range of features, including:
- GPS tracking
- Base maps
- Complimentary layers
- Up to 50 waypoints and markups
It is worth mentioning that these features are considerably limited compared to the app's full potential, especially if you are using it for hunting. onX is available on iOS, Android, and web browsers.
How Can I Get an onX Free Trial?
Anyone in the U.S. can sign up for the onX free plan in minutes via the app's parent website. Here is a step-by-step guide on how to go about it:
- Go to the onX parent website and navigate to the plans page.
- Click on the tab labeled "Sign Up" under the basic/free trial plan (it is also classified as an Off-road Account).
- Provide an active email address and develop a fool-proof password for your account.
- Verify your application via your email and start using your onX account.
You can also sign up for the basic plan using your Facebook profile. Fortunately, you don't need to provide your credit card information when signing up for the free trial.
Does the onX Free Trial Automatically Renew Into a Paid Subscription?
No, the onX free trial doesn't automatically upgrade or renew into a paid subscription for two reasons:
- You can use the free plan for unlimited periods – the catch is that you forego some of the app's best features.
- The platform doesn't ask for your credit card information when signing up for the free trial.
However, you can always upgrade your basic plan to a premium one (and later downgrade it to the free plan) whenever you want to. You can also cancel the free or premium subscription with ease.
Avoid Automatic Renewal With DoNotPay Virtual Credit Card
The onX free trial doesn't automatically upgrade to a premium one. However, this is a valid concern with many other apps that offer limited free trial periods. Fortunately, DoNotPay has a fool-proof solution to any app that may make automatic charges to your credit card after your free trial ends: the virtual credit card.
How Does a Virtual Credit Card Work?
Essentially, a virtual credit card is a disposable contactless card that you can use as a way to protect yourself against fraud. It isn't tangible and doesn't need to be–besides, online platforms only ask for the important details about your credit card.
A virtual credit card contains its own unique credit card data, including the credit card number, CVV digits, and expiration date, and can be used only once. However, these digits are anchored to your real credit card, which makes the virtual credit card credible when signing up for any free trial.
The concept here is simple: the platform cannot deduct money from an account that doesn't exist. As such, you don't have to worry about tracking your free trial periods.
How Much Does onX Cost After the Free Trial?
As explained, you can always upgrade to an onX premium account in a second. The platform offers two premium options: onX Premium and onX Elite. Here is an overview of what each option costs and offers:
|Aerial, hybrid, and Topo Maps
|Saved Offline Maps
What Are the Most Popular Alternatives To onX?
onX is one of dozens of hunting and tracking apps. Some of the most popular alternatives to this app include:
- MotionX GPS
- BaseMap: 3D Hunting GPS Maps
- X-GPS Monitor
- Global Maps Live
- Hunt GPX-Deer Tracker
It is worth noting that onX is designed by experienced hunters and claims to offer the best hunting experience. However, this app's price is higher than the industry average.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
Do you have any other issues you would like solved? DoNotPay is a one-stop-shop for help with a wide range of legal issues and everyday problems, including:
- Resolving issues with your credit cards
- Signing up for risk-free free trials
- Canceling unwanted subscriptions
- Fighting traffic, speeding, and parking tickets
- Claiming compensation from airlines
- Claiming refunds and chargebacks from companies
- Blocking spam text messages
- Expediting DMV appointments
- Making fast contact with customer care representatives
- Suing people and companies in small claims courts
- Blocking spam mail
- Blocking robocalls
- Dealing with unpayable bills
- Protecting you from stalking and harassment
DoNotPay works across all platforms and states to deliver the best results. Visit the platform today to learn more about how DoNotPay can help!