How to Connect With an Inmate at New Castle Correctional Facility
The New Castle Correctional Facility is a state-owned but privately run prison. The prison was opened in 2002, but in 2005, the state signed a contract with the CEO group. Since the partnership, the facility has become one of the US's largest state-owned, privately run prisons.
The facility is a male prison classified as a minimum-medium security complex. It also has a maximum security annex and a psychological unit. The facility also houses offenders with special needs.
Expensive and time-consuming visits can limit the contact time with an inmate. However, you can save time and other resources by using DoNotPay to .
Where Is New Castle Correctional Facility Located?
New Castle Correctional Facility is in New Castle, Indiana, USA. You can contact an inmate via calls, visits, or by mail.
Below is a table showing the contact information of the facility.
|Physical Address||New Castle Correctional Facility
1000 Van Nuys Road
New Castle, IN 47362
|General Phone Number||+1 (765)-593-0111|
|Website||New Castle Correctional Facility|
How to Contact an Inmate at New Castle Correctional Facility?
There are three ways you can contact an inmate at the facility. They are
1. Visiting the Premises.
Contact an inmate via mail to confirm if you are on the approved visitor's list. While in the facility, you will be subjected to a thorough body and item search using metal detectors, search dogs, and hands. If you refuse to go through the procedure, you won't be allowed into the facility.
Any visitor above the age of 16 should submit a photo ID such as
- State ID
- Driver's license
- School ID ( High school, College, or University)
- Military or Law enforcement ID
The institution has a complex visiting schedule. Therefore, before visiting an inmate, confirm the date and time. Within the facility, the various units run on different visiting programs.
|The first ten units, namely A, B, C, D, E, F, H2, I, J, and K||Visiting schedule is from Monday to Sunday from 8:30 am to 3:00 pm except on Wednesday.|
|Infirmary unit||Visitors are allowed from Monday to Sunday from 8:30 am - 3:00 pm except on Wednesday.|
|Unit G, H1, H3, and H4||Visits are allowed every day from 8:30 am - 3:00 pm.|
|Unit L||Their schedule is Tuesday and Thursday from 4:00 pm - 6:00 pm.|
|Unit M, 01,02, and 04||The inmates have a one-hour video visit from Monday to Sunday from 8:30 am - 3:00 pm except on Wednesday.|
|RSHU and 03||The inmates have one-hour, non-contact, bi-monthly visits on Tuesdays only from 9:00 am - 2:00 pm.|
|The mental health unit has two phases.||Phase 1 and 2 are secured and will have contact visits on Wednesday from 9:00 am to 11:00 am or a non-contact visit on Thursday from 9:00 am to 2:00 pm.
Phase 3 inmates have unrestrained visits on Wednesdays from 12:00 pm - 2:00 pm and Thursdays from 9:00 am - 2:00 pm.
2. Contact an Inmate via Mail.
Before sending a letter to an inmate, ensure that you have followed all the strict guidelines provided by the facility. In addition, all letters are read except those from an inmate's legal counsel. Therefore, only share general information. The letter should:
- Be written using a pen or pencil,
- Include a return address,
- Include the inmate's full name and DOC number,
- Have no markings from glitters, lipstick, or crayons,
- Have no sexually explicit content, either by writing or picture.
Use the format below to ease the prison's staff work:
- Inmate Name and DOC Number
New Castle Correctional Facility
P.O. Box E
New Castle, IN 47362
3. Contact an Inmate via Telephone.
An inmate has to add you to their phone call list for your number to be registered and approved by the facility. New Castle Correctional Facility is in partnership with Global Tel Link, the facility's official phone calls service provider.
You can pay for the calls using the following ways:
|Prepaid collect||The total bill is directly deducted from your prepaid account.|
|Debit||The inmate has total control over how much they can spend on the collect calls. Through the commissary, an inmate can purchase debit minutes.|
|Collect calls||You will receive monthly bills from your phone service provider after receiving an inmate's calls.|
How to Send Money to an Inmate at New Castle Correctional Institution
The institution has a partnership with JPay to facilitate payments to the inmates. However, you can only send money to the institution through a money order. Money orders must be sent with the lockbox deposit slip, complete with an inmate's name and IDOC number, the sender's name, and address. The deposit slip should be made payable to JPay.
- Visit JPay and fill out the money order form online, and then mail it to
PO Box 531399
Miami Shores, FL 33153.
Packages Allowed to Send to an Inmate at New Castle Correctional Facility
The package should contain items permitted by the facility. The package can include:
- Airtight sealed food,
- Store foods like canned seafood,
- Clothes, and blankets,
- books, magazines, or newsletters but from vendors like Amazon.com
How to Get in Touch With Your Locked-up Loved Ones With the Help of DoNotPay
Following up with a facility's procedure to connect with your loved one is a monotonous activity that can have you easily lose hope. DoNotPay offers you a convenient way of communicating with an inmate using the following steps:
- Locate the Connect With an Inmate service on DoNotPay.
- Choose whether you want to locate a loved one, create a virtual mailbox, or send a personalized letter.
- If you want us to find your loved one, provide his or her personal details and the state they are located in. We'll then conduct a search on the appropriate state database.
- If you want to create a virtual mailbox, just provide your full name! We'll set one up for you so you can easily receive incoming mail from your loved one.
- If sending a personalized letter, tell us which facility your loved one is located in and what you would like to say to them. You can even include a photo! Your letter will be delivered automatically - just wait 10 days for it to arrive to your loved one!
Steps to Take Before Writing to a Prisoner
Writing letters to an inmate requires you to understand the facility's rules by asking the inmate. If you fail to abide by the rules, the facility will discard your letter. Luckily, DoNotPay can assist you if you don't know how to find an inmate. Locate an inmate at any correctional institution within the U.S. using the following steps:
- Create a DoNotPay account on your web browser,
- Click Locate Someone in the Connect with an Inmate button,
- Give the inmate's name and their state,
- Complete the process by submitting the form.
What Else Can DoNotPay Help You With?
DoNotPay helps you quickly and securely . In addition, we provide other services including but not limited to: