How to Get Your myVegas Free Night Resort Fee Waived
When it comes to negotiating hotel prices and avoiding hotel fees and surcharges, myVegas helps travelers save money in a unique way: Play their virtual casino games, and purchase various rewards with loyalty points you receive. But most hotels have resort fees that are not included in the room price which is why, when redeeming a , you will still be responsible for that resort fee.
After launching their first game, myVegas, Playstudios partnered with several properties to offer loyalty points to redeem for things like free rooms, meals, show tickets, and more. These perks are fun, easy ways to get points towards the activities you want to do while in Vegas at locations including:
- Hyatt Resorts
- Southwest Airlines
- Royal Caribbean International
- Celebrity Cruises
- Cirque du Soleil
- Thunder Valley Casino Resort
- Cashman Photo
However nice it is to get these free perks for just having fun with your favorite slot machines, it's not as easy to waive your free night resort fee. Through myVegas, users are allowed to use up to three rewards every 30 days, with some exceptions based on the amount of money spent.
How to Cancel Your Free Night From myVegas
When you book a free night using myVegas reward points, the loyalty reward points will be automatically restored to your if you never use the free night. You don't have to do anything as long as you never used the room.
However, even if you choose to cancel or not use the room, your credit card information is still on file which means you can be charged the resort fee without even knowing.
To avoid this, reach out to the hotel you've reserved the room with and explain to them you will not be staying there and do not wish to be charged the resort fee. You'll need to verify your identity and have your reservation confirmation number, so they know which credit card not to charge.
Can I Refuse to Pay a Resort Fee for the myVegas Free Room I Got?
Yes, you can refuse to pay the resort fee for any Las Vegas room because resort fees in Vegas are illegal.
Next Steps If You're Having Trouble With Your myVegas Free Night Resort Fee
While it is illegal to charge a resort fee in Las Vegas, some locations may still try to do it. There are a couple of things you can do on your own to try to resolve the fee:
|Dispute the charge with your credit card company
|It's a long and lengthy process, especially when the funds for the fee were charged to you and you don't have the money to spare.
|Reach out to the management of the location where you used your myVegas free night rewards
|Make sure you have your reservation confirmation number and record the name of the person you speak to, regarding the charge. Explain to them you're aware it is illegal to charge resort fees in Vegas and you want the amount credited back to your account immediately.
How to Solve Your myVegas Resort Fee Problem With DoNotPay
You can use DoNotPay to quickly, simply, and easily rectify the situation with just four easy steps.
If you want to get your free night resort fee waived, but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered:
All you have to do is:
1. Go to the Hotel Bill Negotiations product on DoNotPay.
2. Answer a few questions about your hotel bill, which charges you want to have refunded, and the details of your reservation.
3. Tell us whether this is for a past reservation or you're still at the hotel (this helps us decide whether negotiation or chargeback is a better option for your case).
4. Choose whether you want us to contact the front desk or general manager (if you've already tried contacting the front desk already).
And that's it! DoNotPay will draft a demand letter with your refund request and send it to the front desk or general manager. You will hear back from them directly with more details regarding your request.
Why Use DoNotPay to Solve Your Resort Fee Through myVegas?
- Fast—You don't have to spend hours trying to get the right information to the right people to get your myVegas resort fee waived.
- Easy—You don't have to struggle to fill out tedious forms or keep track of all the steps involved in getting your myVegas resort fee waived.
- Successful—You can rest assured knowing we'll make the best case for you
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
Waiving your myVegas resort fee is just one of many things DoNotPay can help you with. From waiving parking fees to finding lost pets, DoNotPay is an easy-to-use way to get things done like:
- Find hotel upgrades.
- Fight seatbelt tickets.
- Notarize documents.
- Find chargebacks and refunds
- Contact government representatives
- And more!
Getting started is easy. Just visit DoNotPay and to receive the kind of help that has already resolved over 1,000,000 cases!