How to Get MTGO Free Trials With a Virtual Credit Card
You are scrolling on your social media or surfing the web, when suddenly an ad for a pops up on your screen. The ad may be endorsed by one of your favorite celebrities and all you are expected to do is make a small payment for shipping and handling. What you need to know is that this free trial is not always free. There is usually a lot of information hidden in the fine print.
According to a report by the Better Business Bureau called "Subscription traps and deceptive free trials", free trials have hurt millions of innocent victims around the world. If you want to sign up for an MTGO free trial and not get charged, you can easily achieve this with DoNotPay. Read along for more information on this.
What is MTGO?
Magic: The Gathering Online (MTGO) is the most popular way of playing Magic: The Gathering over the internet. The platform was developed on June 24, 2002, by the Wizards of Coast. The launching was done alongside the release of the two-year-old invasion set. MTGO uses digital cards. These work the same way as the physical packs in the stores, in that, digital cards are sold in digital booster packs. The following sets are only exclusive to Magic Online:
- Masters Edition
- Masters Edition II
- Masters Edition III
- Masters Edition IV
- Tempest Remastered
- Vintage Masters
- Legendary Cube
The MTGO economy is controlled by event tickets. These are digital objects that cost $1 each. You may require 15 tickets to enter an event. So, you can either use the old credit card to purchase tickets, or you can sell surplus cards or left-over packs from previous events. Yes, you read that right, you can sell your card and packs to other MTGO players.
Ideally, Magic Online allows you to collect cards, build decks, and engage other Magic players from the convenience of your computer. You only need Windows and a good internet connection. You can challenge other real Magic players any time of the day or night.
Does MTGO Offer a Free Trial?
Magic: The Gathering Online can seem very costly at first, but there is a way you can try the game for free. Although you will require a paid subscription to access most of the content, new players can sample some of the content without paying a single cent. So, yes, MTGO does offer a free trial.
How Can I Get an MTGO Free Trial?
Follow these steps to start your free MTGO trial:
- Head to the Magic Online website and install the game on your PC.
- Once the installation process is done, the game will automatically launch and prompt you to either enter your log-in credentials, create your account, or try out the free trial.
- Select "Play Free Trial". If you select Make an Account, you will be required to make upfront payments.
Your free trial will only allow you to use the Play Lobby and the Help Menu.
|IMPORTANT FACTS to know about MTGO free trial:|
|Because you are on the free trial, you can only play using one of the five standard length decks.|
|As a trial member, you cannot customize your name. Your name will appear as "Guest", with several numbers following your title.|
|When you select your deck, you will be matched to another newbie player. This means that you will not have to worry about losing your match because of being matched with an experienced player.|
|Most important, you will only be given 25 minutes for your free match, after which, you will be required to subscribe.|
Does the MTGO Free Trial Automatically Turn into a Paid Subscription?
No, it does not. Remember that when you were signing up for the free trial, you did not enter your payment details. If you want to subscribe to MTGO, follow these steps:
- Go to the Magic Online website
- Select "Create an Account" to get started with the process
- Enter your personal information such as your name and date of birth
- You will be asked if it's your first time playing the game or any of its counterparts.
- You will be prompted to enter your email address and select a username and password before you can submit your payment information.
- Your card will be automatically billed every month until you cancel your subscription.
Avoid Automatic Renewal with DoNotPay's Virtual Credit Card
While MTGO may not require your credit card information when signing up for your free trial, other gaming platforms may. Chances are that you may forget to cancel your free subscription once your trial ends, and therefore, you end up being charged for a service that you did not need. To avoid this, you can use DoNotPay's Virtual Credit Card.
If you want to avoid being charged every time you sign up or for a free trial, DoNotPay has got you covered with its Virtual Credit Card in 3 easy steps:
- Search free trial card on DoNotPay and enter the company you want a free trial for.
- DoNotPay will automatically generate a virtual credit card that you can use for that merchant. Copy the card details shown on your screen.
- Use the card to sign up for your free trial and sit back to relax and enjoy!
*The card will be deactivated and not usable once it's been used once
What are the Advantages of Using DoNotPay's Virtual Credit Card?
The following are the top reasons why you should use DoNotPay's Virtual Credit card for your free trials:
- A new card number will be generated for you every time you sign up for a free trial
- You will get an extra layer of protection from identity thieves
- You will only commit your money to products and services that make you happy.
What Other Services Can DoNotPay Offer?
DoNotPay can provide you with many other great services, such as helping you:
- Jump the customer service phone line
- Sue individuals or companies in small claims court
- Ask for company refunds and chargebacks
- Schedule a DMV appointment fast and easy
- Get revenge on robocalls
And so much more. with DoNotPay today to solve all your technical and legal issues!