Alleviate the Frustration of Hotel-Bill Negotiation by Leveraging DoNotPay
It's easy to pay higher hotel bills because of hidden charges you never consented to when checking in. Valet fees, hotel concession surcharges, resort fees, and activity fees are some examples of "accidental" costs that end up in your final bill. Still, you can get through negotiations.
The only caveat comes when you don't work out the refund request with the front office. You'll now be compelled to ask for the general manager, who may likely not be readily available to talk to you. That "eats up" your time and frustrates you.
Don't let disagreements over hotel fees and surcharges get in the way of enjoying your vacation; partner with DoNotPay today and experience a more straightforward, faster, and more successful means of negotiating double charges in your hotel bill today.
You can let us know about the nature of the billing process in a simple procedure. As your reliable online robotics lawyer, we'll quickly generate a demand letter with your refund request to the Kimpton Karma administration. Subsequently, they'll contact you with further details or a settlement approach to your request.
Types of Fees That Kimpton Karma Charges
While offer an extended IHG® Reward Loyalty Program, guests who choose not to enroll in the program can expect to pay several fees based on their stay. These include:
- Wi-Fi internet access – The hotel offers high-speed complimentary Wi-Fi during every stay. It charges about $12.99 for Wi-Fi use over 24 hours.
- Resort fee – Every guest staying at Kimpton Karma can expect to pay an extra $40 (including tax) resort fee, and the amount is added to your room costs every night during your stay. This fee also includes valet onsite parking charges.
- Early departure fees – If a situation arises and you need to cut short your stay at the hotel, you're likely to incur an early departure fee equal to a night's room charge and tax.
Why Do Hotels Charge Resort Fees
Also referred to as an amenity fee or facility charge, a resort fee is a mandatory, taxed fee that hotels charge clients on top of the sticker room rate and its tax. Depending on the hotel policy, this charge covers a range of hotel amenities and activities, including:
- Access to newspaper
- Phone service
- Use of gym, spa, or pool
- Complimentary bottle of water left as part of room service
- Use of Wi-Fi internet access
- Continental breakfast and many more
There's no explanation as to why hotels charge resort fees. As a guest, you'd expect the base room charge and tax to cater to other activities or amenities you use within the hotel. Still, they charge it because they can.
One misleading aspect about resort fees is that a hidden cost may appear in your final bill, even if you didn't use a particular amenity. Sometimes the facilities or activities you get involved in aren't worth as much as the fees imposed. But you can avoid paying such extra charges.
How to Avoid Paying Hotel and Resort Fees
While resort fees are almost mandatory, you can take measures so that you don't have to pay for them in the first place.
|Find a hotel that doesn't charge resort fees
|Staying at a resort-fee-free hotel is the most effective means of avoiding resort fees. It may be challenging to find an establishment that doesn't charge amenity fees, but it doesn't hurt to take time and do a thorough search for one. Online tools, such as ResortFeeChecker and Hotels.com are excellent platforms to use when doing your search.
|Have the knack for identifying resort fees
|It's essential to understand that resort fees aren't prominently displayed. But you can note them if you're aware of what you're looking for. Don't settle for the total cost displayed after searching a hotel on a booking site.
Instead, try looking for the "total price" to see the costs breakdown, which usually includes the resort fees. The chances are that the price may be 40% to 60% more than advertised despite the taxes being accounted for.
|Try not to use the amenities charged in amenity fees
|If you have a smartphone with internet access, you can read the newspaper online. You can even make purchases for bottled water online and choose not to use the gym or pool. Having done that, you can explain to the billing officer that you didn't use these amenities, and you can have Kimpton Karma waive the resort fee.
Avoid the Hassle; Negotiate Your Kimpton Karma Hotel Bill With DoNotPay
What if the front desk personnel are unwilling to waive resort fees even after avoiding many amenities? The matter may get out of hand, especially if the general manager isn't inclined to waive hotel fees owed.
Don't waste time trying to make your case; let DoNotPay advocate on your behalf. Go to DNP's "Hotel Bill Negotiations" product and follow the procedure outlined below:
- Go to the Hotel Bill Negotiations product on DoNotPay.
- Answer a few questions about your hotel bill, which charges you want to have refunded, and the details of your reservation.
- Tell us whether this is for a past reservation or you're still at the hotel (this helps us decide whether negotiation or chargeback is a better option for your case).
- Choose whether you want us to contact the front desk or general manager (if you've already tried contacting the front desk already).
Once you're done, we'll take it from there. Our professionals will draft a demand letter with your refund request and submit it to the hotel's front office and the general manager. You'll receive their feedback soon after to complete the negotiations.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do For You?
Aside from negotiating for hotel bills, DoNotPay helps in other chores too. Some other services that DoNotPay provides:
- Can you refuse to pay resort fees in Vegas
- Can you negotiate hotel prices
- How to get hotel parking fee waived
- Hotel fees and surcharges
- Can I ask a hotel to waive fees owed
Have any questions regarding DoNotPay's services? Feel free to contact the team to resolve your issues.